Worried about an old friend/can't find him

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I took off to see a VERY dear and old friend this morning in hopes to talk to him and see how he is holding up.
We will call him the Paint doctor, A retired DUPONT sales and Tech.
He has been married for over 21 years and he woke up Sunday to hear that his wife is heading out the door and leaving him and she does not care or love him anymore :cry: Paint doctor does have a drinking problem and he has always drank beer, His wife another GREAT friend of me and my family has moved out leaving him with a house 4 to 5 dogs and other responsibilities witch I hope and pray he will get some help from her to take care of [-o<

I am hear to ask that a prayer be sent out to my friend that is on his own lonely and scared and most likely has found help at a rehab center and checked his self in

Lord look over this man and strengthen his faith he has in you, for he is a kind soul that let the worldly things enter and has crept in his life and blinded him of the person he is and we all want back :-( I pray that this 21 year marriage can be healed and strengthened by your hand, and by your hand I pray the worldly things will be pushed away and out of there life so they can be as one again, for they have gave so much care and friend ship to many we want him back to share more of this with us and all his family and friends that has been blest to have them in our life
Look over this couple and open there harts to your word.
These things I ask for I pray threw Jesus name Our redeemer and your only begotten son Amen. [-o<
Thank you all here , he has been on line with us and helped a few folks a couple years ago on paint tech help and enjoyed reading all the posts
Please keep PAINT DOCTOR in our player's he is like a brother to us here on the hill.

I have searched his house and no calls are going threw on his phone and no room for messages, I will not quite till I find him :pale:

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 533
Prayers sent for your friend and you for the wisdom to help when you find him.

God Bless.

As alwayssssssssss prayers sent.hope it all turns out for the best.As Cindy would say forget about the outer and stick it in another.

Prayers are sent. Don't think the worst, chances are he is ok. Sorry to hear of this tough time for all involved.

How about a good ole fashion letter. It's tough when friends fall off. Keep at it he is hurting and needs a friend. Good luck Memike.

Prayers sent for your friend and you for the wisdom to help when you find him.

God Bless.

Prayers on the way.

As alwayssssssssss prayers sent.hope it all turns out for the best.As Cindy would say forget about the outer and stick it in another.

Prayers are sent. Don't think the worst, chances are he is ok. Sorry to hear of this tough time for all involved.

Done Mike.
I found him on the phone sitting in the parking lot of a rehab we have in town, 1 of 3 and he said he can not get help because he is on medication :mad::mad:
We had a good talk and he said his wife has got in touch with him :cheers:
I and two other friends advised him to see his dr and let him get the ball rolling on his recovery, I called him again at 6:15 pm and asked him if Treva and I could stop by and pick him up and go have supper with us and he said he has eaten already and needed to start cleaning his house and mow his yard and water his wife's flower's :sad4:
I am going over to see him today and make sure he is not B.S.ING me and see for my self what he is doing and get updated.
Thank you all for the prayers and support.
I am going to call a friend/co-worker that works at St. Bennards Behavioral Heath and ask him why he can not get in and what will it take to get his rehab started.
I told him to call me this morning when he is ready for company and a free breakfast so I can see him again and keep him in perspective of these crazy things that happen in mid life, it seems that when I brought that up he could relate with it because of what he has seen happen to a few folks when They was at or around 40 years old.
I will give him till 9:00 am to call, then I will call him.
Thank you all again :hello1:, I will be bye his side and keep a close eye on him as I was asked to by many friends that know I have the time and means to.

Our prayers are with you and him also.

Prayers sent mike im late i hope u find ur friend soon bud

I will keep your friend in my prayers.

................U guys are in my thoughts and prayers..................kim........

Prayers sent brother

How about a good ole fashion letter. It's tough when friends fall off. Keep at it he is hurting and needs a friend. Good luck Memike.

Mike, keep a real close eye on him.
This last spring I lost a poker buddy. He loved two things, his family & beer. Unfortunately beer won out & his wife left him. He kept telling everyone he was OK, but he wasn't. He hung himself in his basement.

I'm a little late on this ...... I'm glad you found him and he is OK....... now it's time for everyone to start praying harder for this family. Sound like he has a long road ahead of him.
...More prayers sent.... for the rehab, and his strength to fight his battle..... and for his wife, there's always a limit to how much someone can take and how long they can take it, I'm sure she must be a good person, so she needs prayer too.

You are a great friend Mike. Hopefully your friend sees you care and gets the help he needs.

Mike, keep a real close eye on him.
This last spring I lost a poker buddy. He loved two things, his family & beer. Unfortunately beer won out & his wife left him. He kept telling everyone he was OK, but he wasn't. He hung himself in his basement.
It's things like this I wake up and worry about, I just talked to him on the phone and he agreed on breakfast so off to I-Hop for breakfast :hello1:

Just seen this thread. I hope your friend gets the help he needs Mike, I'll say a prayer for him.
Than you Stan, I just got off the phone with him and I have got to get over there, Thank you sooo much :thumblef:

I'm a little late on this ...... I'm glad you found him and he is OK....... now it's time for everyone to start praying harder for this family. Sound like he has a long road ahead of him.
...More prayers sent.... for the rehab, and his strength to fight his battle..... and for his wife, there's always a limit to how much someone can take and how long they can take it, I'm sure she must be a good person, so she needs prayer too.
Yes she is and thank you, The two have been together a long time and in our life for well over 20 years, My wife talks to her and I am talking and keeping a close eye on him.

Sorry to hear about this Mike. Prayers have been sent.
Thank you Joe, I reminded him of some things I learned that my self help Dr. told me, Wake up and groom your self and look in the mirror and like who you see, he is getting ready for me to pick him up for breakfast then he has to be at AA at 11:pm :sad4:

You are a great friend Mike. Hopefully your friend sees you care and gets the help he needs.
He is a smart and talented man that I am going to make sure he keeps every day for the next couple weeks in a worked out schedule and eat :shock:
I asked what he had for supper last night and he said nothing and we talked for about 15 minutes and he said Quote = If I eat a ice cream sandwich would that make me feel better and I could hear him opening it and eating while we talked, So off I go to get him out of the walls he has been looking at alone and try and talk him into some put-put golf or something after his meeting.

Thank you all for your prayers and support
Victoria and I are about to hit the road to pick him up and get him out of the house for some I-Hop breakfast and :coffee2:, he drinks Pepsi he said ,so I will be the one drinking :coffee2:

Way to go Mike, you are a good friend to him.....as well as a good person.
Prayers sent to help the healing.

Is the moral here... beer good, woman bad?

I can't see ending my life over a woman. Heck, there are so many out there. Too bad they get corrupted by all the material stuff and the impossible life the tee vee makes them seem to think they "deserve".

My dawg, despite being a real drama queen as she gets older, never lets me down and doesn't mind beer breath. The only ones around me that do not like beer are the little airplane and the fish as they would rather I drink after playing with them.

Mike how do you keep those wings hid ? I have a feeling your friend is gonna be alright with you looking after him. Wish you all the luck in the world with this. DD

-
Back