Worst body job ever

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI, as a professional restorer, I will state a few facts.

Whether its a body/paint guy or a restorer, you lose many hours in doing the job. It's just how it goes. I just finished a 66 charger and have about 500ish hours in the build of the car. I only charged for about 200 hours, at $90/hour. Why? Time =money. For $3800 around here, you don't get much.

My car alone was $7k and it's not perfect. VERY NICE but not perfect. That includes me disassembling/reassembling the entire car, and stripping the engine bay, and welding up holes. I will say that I can even tear up a $20k job. I will find imperfections on any car.

If you wanted what you wanted, you should have had it ALL in writing and discuss it in entirety before you agreed. I give a check list to my paint/body guy every time a car goes to him and he knows how picky I am. We just did a quick spray and body fix on a 68 charger for $3k. Not even a whole job. That included fixing previous bodywork.

Yet to justify this thread at all, please post pics. Then all who care to comment shall let their opinions be known.
And Yes This Better Not Take Over The Mopar Girls Post Then I'll Be Really Pissed.

So, uhh, how's the weather out your way? Looks like rain here. Ya know, the other day I woke up and had these strange lil' bumps on my left elbow.... Yeah, I love thier Homemade Apple pie....What? what's that? Oh, crappy body work! Cost too much? Yeah, I remember.... so anyway, I said "well , you know ol' Bill, he's so tight he squeaks when he walks, and of course you know Wayne,he's always that grumpy...........I pretty much knew things were never gonna work out.................", hey pass me another Soda, will ya'?.........

:evil5: HHHHH--HHHHHH " Thread" HHHH-HHHHH "I Am Your Faaather" HHHHH---HHHHHH " The FORCE is Powerful in this One" HHHHH--HHHHHH:evil5:

:evil5: HHHHH--HHHHHH " Thread" HHHH-HHHHH "I Am Your Faaather" HHHHH---HHHHHH " The FORCE is Powerful in this One" HHHHH--HHHHHH:evil5:
Had I been consuming a beverage while reading this, my laptop would probably be a doorstop now. [Vader voice]Most impressive.[/Vader voice]

Well, I suppose we could explore the underlying socio-economic implications of this thread as juxtaposed to Freud's theory of self with regard to Ego, but then we'd be opening up a whole other can o' worms...............I'd rather talk about gears, cams, and what-not...........

:spam1::pukel::withstup::banghead:

:thefinge::wack::protest::bs:
:tongue10::angry8::thefinge: :violent1: :---)
:violent2::tool::pukerigh:[-X:axe::blob::crybaby::sad4::angry2::knob::ncool:
:puke:

:poke::boxing:

:pottytra::puker: :bootysha: :stop:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back