Would any of you guys be interested in...?

-
Well, I am pleasantly surprised at the responses here!!!

I am going to start working out the details of a group buy for rubber kits. Based on the responses here, these kits would be for 70-73 Duster, 74-76 Duster, and 71-72 Demon. These should also fit the Dart Sports too. Kits for other models could be made available as well, but the pricing may differ a little bit.

In general, the kits would include:

front windshield gasket
rear windshield gasket
roofrail weatherstriping
door weatherstriping
quarter glass seals
wiper pivot kit
radiator support-to-hood seal
cowl-to-hood seal
trunk seal

This should make up a fairly complete weatherstriping package. Until I get all the details worked out on my end, I wouldn't be able to give a final price. But when I do, I'll post it here. Chances are there will be a price break due to the amount of interest expressed, but I don't know exactly how much yet. It's probably going to be a few days before I have all the info I need to make this determination and I will try to know more and post it this coming weekend. I really wasn't expecting such an interest in rubber goods/weatherstriping!

In regards to Dart and Cuda rear tail light bezels and/or lenses, again, if enough interest is shown, I'm pretty sure a deal can be had. As far as the fit and looks of these, all I can say is that Layson's has sold quite a few and there have not been any massive returns due to fit and/or looks. I personally have not had the opportunity to install a set myself, but when I was at the Fall Fling a few weeks ago, the people who looked them over were very pleased with the appearance and I did not hear of any issues with fit by people who had already bought them.

Thanks!! to everybody for their input and keep those suggestions coming and I'll see what I can do!

Rick

Well hell why we are at it what about floor pans on a 72 Demon as well as a LR quarter panel patch. I am going to be needing alot of crap for my car. This is just the begining.

Ive used Laysons and they were fine...but ive also heard the horror stories. A group buy does not sound bad...unfortunately I really don't need anything but a headliner and thats about it......

I have never been shafted harder in my life than I was by Layson's. Once you lie to me you're a liar and once you steal from me you're a thief. I get mad all over again every time I pass their booth at an event. That being said I applaud your efforts on behalf of the members here. Good luck but remember who you're dealing with and watch your back.

If John says you are OK, then thats good enough for me. I would be interested in 69 Dart taillight bezels,lenses, and possibly a rubber kit also. Hope you get enough interest to get this going.
Good luck.
Bill

I've never dealt with Layson's so I'm in the dark a little here. I do need complete door & widow weather stripping for a 75 Duster.... maybe even two sets, possibly a Six Pack Scoop (if you can beat VFN) and a set of sub frame connectors.

WOW!!!!

I would've never dreamed of a response like this!!!!

I've already started the wheels rolloing on a rubber kit group buy, but it might be a week or so getting the final pricing and details worked out. I put together parts lists for the rubber kits last night, but I just learned we are going to be doing a COMPLETE year-end inventory count(at Layson's) and an inventory software upgrade at work. We have been authorized for overtime for whatever time it takes to get this done before Christmas, so it looks like it might be a week or two before I can get anything done.

I apologize for this time delay, but I will try my damndest to get something for you guys to count on. Right now, it's looking pretty good and I'll post info as soon as I get it.

Thanks!!! to all for their responses!

Rick

Hutchfish, you can add sales rep to the list of hats that you wear. Were do the parts come from that you are offering, Layson's? If they are, do you get an employee discount then resell them? Or is your supplier someone other than Layson's and this is a conflict of interest?

Chuck

I'd be interested in 68 Dart tail light bezels. They have let me down only 1 time so far. Still waiting on fresh air door seals. Does anyone else know where I can get these? Thanks Jeff

340mopar said:
Hutchfish, you can add sales rep to the list of hats that you wear. Were do the parts come from that you are offering, Layson's? If they are, do you get an employee discount then resell them? Or is your supplier someone other than Layson's and this is a conflict of interest?

Chuck

From what I am gathering he is basically running sales out the back door of Layson's. Hey they have messed up enough people any way they can make a buck and start to rebuild their rep they should be all for. If I am wrong about this please tell me now. Just to make sure Hutchfish you have permmision from the owners to be doing what you are doing or will we find out about it as we are supposed to be getting our stuff.

BJS racing said:
From what I am gathering he is basically running sales out the back door of Layson's. Hey they have messed up enough people any way they can make a buck and start to rebuild their rep they should be all for. If I am wrong about this please tell me now. Just to make sure Hutchfish you have permmision from the owners to be doing what you are doing or will we find out about it as we are supposed to be getting our stuff.

BJS that's what I was thinking, that's why the comment about the sales rep thing. I would agree that this is just a way to sell Layson's stuff. But like you I could be wrong.

Chuck

My employer, Dave Layson, does indeed know about this and I have talked at length with him about it. Obviously, the parts are coming from Layson's with their full knowledge and approval, so conflict of interest is a non-issue.

My angle on the situation is this....I realize there are a lot of people who choose not to do business with Layson's for whatever reason, and that's all good and fine as I can understand other people's point of views. However, I also understand there are certain parts that are only available from him because he is the source and I realize there are a lot of folks who would like to buy these parts. So....I think there is a potential to market these parts, and I find myself in a unique position to do so.

As to the question of employee discounts on my part, my status as an employee of Layson's will be of no bearing on this situation. He will be treating me as he would any other reseller. But please keep in mind, I will be making some money doing this or it wouldn't be worth my time and effort to do, but also keep in mind that I don't have issues with overhead like other resellers do which would be factored into their final pricing. This fact is why I should be able to offer good deals to people. The single biggest influence on my final pricing is going to be volume. The more I can sell, the cheaper the prices. That's just plain old fashioned economics there......

mguner said:
I've never dealt with Layson's so I'm in the dark a little here. I do need complete door & widow weather stripping for a 75 Duster.... maybe even two sets, possibly a Six Pack Scoop (if you can beat VFN) and a set of sub frame connectors.

I would be open to a 6-pack hood scoop.

I would also be up for a Hemi Scoop. And Hutch, you seem to have your stuff together. I know you can understand why we are questioning this but I am starting to feel a little more comfortable with this idea. Hope it works out for all of us.

Jason

It wouldn't be worth your time and effort to do this? How about the fact you are selling Layson's items and receive a salary from them. Then you want to receive a salary from us? Being you are a Layson's employee as everything to do with it. You are double dipping a salary. You want to have your cake and eat it too. It is marketing strategy so call it what it is, which is fine. Just don't try to make us feel like you are doing us a favor because your not. Remember your quote about not being worth your time to do this if you didn't get any money for it. Money is your only motivation per your quote. If I was in your shoes I would do it at no charge because it would not cost me (or you) anything to do this (being payed by Layson's). I'll think I will pass for two reasons, (1) Layson's customer service is horrible, and I mean consitently, (2) you are just doing this to line your pockets. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with making a little money but you are not being honest with us by trying to grease us (just like Layson's does) and I can't stand that for any amount of money saving.

I can't believe after the problems I hear from you guys about Layson's that you are considering this, but if you do and any of you guys have trouble with this, I live in Washington also so if you need someone to get face to face. Give me a buzz.

Chuck

340mopar said:
I can't believe after the problems I hear from you guys about Layson's that you are considering this, but if you do and any of you guys have trouble with this, I live in Washington also so if you need someone to get face to face. Give me a buzz.

Chuck

Thanks and I will remember that if I have a problem. I also beleive in second chances. If they are trying to change their rep. and straighten up their buisness practices that is great. All I can say is you will only screw me once.

-
Back