Would suck to get spanked by this guy.

-
I actually saw a turbocharged Honda on the road today, you could hear the turbo whine. It had a body kit, custom paint job, spoiler, deep tint, the whole works. He must've spent a small fortune on it.

He probably did it because a Mopar smoked him at some point in his life . I find it pointless to dump huge amounts of cash into a Honda, but he did. Maybe he'll be on Youtube next.

I hope this ricer fad dies off soon. Long live the Mopar muscle cars.

Ax, you did the right thing.

I'd rather him tell his sissy boyfriends he beat you than to kill some innocent family trying to get away from your car thus sending you both to jail and your car to the scrap yard.

Cudaspaz is right. You did the right thing Ax. Good move.

As one guy put it so nicely, after having to endure 15 kids in their fart-piped imports leaving the local hangout......

Racing a ricer car is like running in the Special Olympics.... no matter how fast you may think you are, your still retarded.

No offense meant to anybody with special needs. The Special Olympics is a great organization and I have volunteered a bunch of my time with them.

I don't have a problem with any "rice" cars as long as they are built right. I've ridden in plenty of fast turbo imports, but what gets me is the base model civic with a coffee can for a muffler thinking that it is fast. I've also raced a WRX in my duster, he didn't stand a chance.

I don't have a problem with any "rice" cars as long as they are built right. I've ridden in plenty of fast turbo imports, but what gets me is the base model civic with a coffee can for a muffler thinking that it is fast. I've also raced a WRX in my duster, he didn't stand a chance.
You know, it isn't so much the cars. I mean, sure, there is nothing impressive about a car that sounds like a leaf blower, but it is the idiots that own them and think they are John Force.

I agree with cudaspaz, not my cup of tea. But, after that movie the fast & the furious came out everyone around here had to have a ricer. From stock cars with fart cans on them to the real deal supras. A guy that I knew in highschool had one. He was a couple years yonger than me, but anyways... It was a Honda somthin' with a turbo & all kinds of crap I dont understand done to it. He took me for a ride one night while we were cruzin' the strip. All I can say is DAMN. That little car was crazy fast! It would smoke em' off all the way into 4th gear. It ran high 11's at Tulsa. He finally got tired of it & sold it......

You know, it isn't so much the cars. I mean, sure, there is nothing impressive about a car that sounds like a leaf blower, but it is the idiots that own them and think they are John Force.

HA!! HA!! HA!!

ROTFLMAO!!!

yellowdartdave, that GT is flippin' insane. But it has the same A/C vents as my father-in-laws F-150 does. Typical ferd!!!

Good point, but i have no problem with a tuner with a full exhaust, not just a fart can on the stock exhaust. And the John Force is absolutely true, every time i go to cruise in my duster it seems like all the young little punks want to rev their cars at me and start to drive like a** holes.

Good point, but i have no problem with a tuner with a full exhaust, not just a fart can on the stock exhaust. And the John Force is absolutely true, every time i go to cruise in my duster it seems like all the young little punks want to rev their cars at me and start to drive like a** holes.

You just have to expect that kind of thing. Just get out in a Viper. Every swinging dick in anything with wheels wants to race. 5.uh-oh's, NSX, Camaros. Doesn't matter. They all immediately get hair on their chests (and other places) and want to play.

Turbos make nice power. I have been playing with a 2.2L Turbo Omni. I use it as a test mule for an engine management system.

A twin turbo V8 would be nice, no worry then. More cubes with turbos = more horsepower.

Off topic but,,,I'd like to hear more about this!

Maybe you can start another discussion on this subject. I'm running a super 60 computer on my 2.5 s 60 turbo car now.

My son knows the owner of this GT. I wonder if the little ricer would like to come out and play?
And this ain't a speed run on a dyno.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxqkJu9QSLA

No freaking way would I get in that car at those speeds.

Anything over 120 is scary to me on the highway with other cars.

All it takes is the guy in the other lane to decide to change lanes while you are coming at him at 205 MPH, and it's "Welcome to the pearly gates my Son."

Yeah, I'm a sissy like that, I can admit it.

cudaspaz,
I know what you mean. I don't feel safe driving at 55 around some idiots.
There is a time and place for everything.
I have run 180 plus on my bike but I was alone on the highway. 265 ft/sec makes for very blurry scenery and a fastly falling fuel gauge.

a few of my friends got hondas there kinda fun actually with a 5speed plus they get 30 mpgs ill admit it i like them(gas milage)... as long as they arent overdone

i agree that theres those obnoxious idiots that think their car is bad to the bone and the fastest thing on wheels lol but is mine the first gen to have em

My son knows the owner of this GT. I wonder if the little ricer would like to come out and play?
And this ain't a speed run on a dyno.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxqkJu9QSLA

I had a Ford GT two years ago. Very impressive cars. I hope to own another some day. Oh, and out of every car/truck, leaf blower, sewing machine that tried to race me, ha, he/she never stood a chance against my ride.
Best 4 months of my life owning that car.

I seen on the TV show Pinks, a Honda w/a Turbo can almost beat anything on the street, power to weight ratio and etc...
Still, I'd rather own a muscle car and get respect losing vs. owning a tin can w/a turbo.
Whoop-putty-do!

I had a Ford GT two years ago. Very impressive cars. I hope to own another some day. Oh, and out of every car/truck, leaf blower, sewing machine that tried to race me, ha, he/she never stood a chance against my ride.
Best 4 months of my life owning that car.

Let me guess you got married and was forced to sell the car. :-D

Nope, I was already married. At the time, I worked for Ford here and finally got one after two year almost of a waiting list.
No discount or anything either just because I was an employee.
Car actually came out of Florida.
$2500.00 delivery and it was here April of '06.
My monthly payment/insurance is what did it for me, I held onto it as long as possible just to say hell yeah, I had one of those once!
It was one of those cars I couldn't drive anywhere w/o someone always trying to look in it or say * can I havd a ride*.
Almost like having a 426 Hemi in a mopar you know, the wow factor got old.
Deep down, I'm still a mopar man.

Mark

You would be surprised. I know a bunch of guys with Omnis and Shelby Chargers running 12s, 11s, and a couple in the tens without NOS. Check out this video of a friend's Reliant K car vs. a twin turbo Supra:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX-iNsPudzs

In fact, if you want to see something really amazing and funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3Gdm_e_hxs

And he has run more than two tenths quicker since that video.

K-Car Krazyness! Both of those videos made me smile :-D. I just have this thing for insane horsepower in a plain brown/off white wrapper...

K-Car Krazyness! Both of those videos made me smile :-D. I just have this thing for insane horsepower in a plain brown/off white wrapper...
Gary's Reliant is just sick. He went a best of 10.41 @ 132MPH+ with no NOS.

look at around 1:03.....scarry! turbo K cars were and are pretty fun..i used to have a 84 lazer XE 2.2 turbo in the early 90s........

I had an '85 Shelby Charger, an '86 GLHS, and an '87 Charger GLHS. Way fun cars. I embarrassed many unsuspecting Chebbys and Furds.

Gary's Reliant is just sick. He went a best of 10.41 @ 132MPH+ with no NOS.

Would this be Gary Donovan from the Dodge Garage? If so i used to live on that site. I wanted a turbo mopar for years but my folks wouldn't let me :angry7:

Would this be Gary Donovan from the Dodge Garage? If so i used to live on that site. I wanted a turbo mopar for years but my folks wouldn't let me :angry7:
That's him. He still has a lot on info on the car on his site.

Who cares. You can make a phone booth fast if you dump enough money into it. It is still a phone booth. I heard a guy at the track tell a ricer that having an 11 second ricer is like coming out of the closet. You may surprise a lot of people at first but in the end you are just gay.

LOL! Now that is a great post.
My thought would be to stick a set of wings and tail on the thing and fly it. The weight to power ratio is ridiculous.

-
Back