Would you daily drive an early A?

-
My Valiant is my dd. Has been since I bought it in January. Sun, rain and snow. Just make sure you at least give the underside a rinse when you can through the winter

thats why you got to own at least 2 of them 1 for weekend and shows or sat night i for nice days and always keep 1 around for parts

Attachments

• Snapshot_20120718.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 276
  • Snapshot_20120830_3.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 275
  • Snapshot_20120713_9.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 271
I used to dd my 71 lincoln continental. And when i got in a wreck with it. I came oit with bruises. Car saved my life. If i had been driving my 5.0 i woulda been screwed.

I would definitly drive a 65 Dart wagon if my work didn't force me to drive a newer car when I go to customers. An old car would not associate to the company profile. But in the 90ies I drove a 65 wagon year around for 7 years. Even when it was 25 below...! Brrrrr.
I enjoyed every minute of it.

DD is my 66 Valiant 2dr hdtp. Upgraded suspension and disc brake conversion.

Rain, sun, or snow. 25mi. round trip every day to work. Only vehicle I own....well other than my wife's Jeep Commander, but she drives that. lol

Attachments

• DSC_0060.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 251
For 3 years I drove this white '66 Dart 273-2V, 3-speed as a DD. It was completely restored with only WW tires and a radio for options. A PO had added under dash air. The kids loved the car because they could see out of it. The car never failed to start and always got us where we were going. It drew attention and curiosity seekers in lots of places.

I didn't find the '66 drum brakes a problem except after going through deep puddles. Without power steering, it was a little difficult to parallel park. Because it had a clutch, it kept the wife in her automatic Caravan. Other than those two issues, I had no objections to driving the car. I sold the car so that I could buy and restore a '66 GT with the 273-4V and disk brakes.

Attachments

• 270_4Web.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 167
I cant wait to get my 65 formula s cuda here next week! Next summer will be driving it on nice days to work, plenty of room in back for my golf clubs!!!! I take care of a high end country club and plenty of room in our shop if it rains!!! What is point of resto mod if you dont drive it, car aint worth big bucks, so drive and enjoy it! Even though the 65 formula s is unique they just dont have the value the later big block cudas have so I love it and want to drive it! I had a 66 before and drove it, drag raced it street class loved it!!

Live life to its fullest!

I've had an early A as a daily driver off and on for many years. Some stock, some modified. I had a '64 Dart with stock brakes for years, never killed myself or anyone else driving in LA traffic, but it was a bit challenging to keep enough stopping distance at all times. Slant six and 904 makes a great combo for a DD. I could get 20 mpg in that car. ALWAYS started (electronic ignition).

I bought my 65 dart 4dr /6 manual everthing radio delete in 03 with 51k original. Its been to birmingham AL. 4 times from ohio, Charlevoix MI Which is 45mi from the bridge, wisconsin, baltimore, and Myrtle Beach. When my driveway got to crowded I gave it to my dad he still drves it everyday. It's got ROUGHLY 140k on it, ran through a complete moog suspension rebuild, two valve jobs, two carb rebuilds, a 7 1/4 rearend, and the original radiator crapped out two summers ago...... Would a drive one daily? HEll YES, It was the most reliable car i ever owned! PERIOD p.s. do it man, enjoy

-
Back