Wow, Great Site, Thanks to all from another new Ontario memeber.

-

Colonel

Reaction score
Well my Bud told me about "this great site" and here I am. I read a post from another member Wobbedoo and felt like old home week. Amazing response from far and wide, lots of the comments about Elora Gorge and Fergus and Moparfest and.....
I am eastern Ontario but went to school in Guelph a few years ago, ok more than a few, Graduated in '83. Been to Moparfest several times and was one of the ten with a key to try and start the 1974 Plum crazy Challenger a few years back, that was exciting. Still have the key,unfortunately that is all but what a great show.
Anyway car stuff, I have a 1968 340 Formula S Barracuda Convertible. The car came into my life in 1978. It was black when it arrived and in 1987 I had it painted candy apple red. Problem was the guy painted the color over the black and it fell into a dark maroon that is what you will see in the attached pictures. I had it painted black again two years ago and another Bud of mine made it look pretty darn good for having three layers of paint on it. The time is coming when we will do it right but for now cosmetics are ok. The pictures I found tonight were probably taken 15 years ago but I just wanted to put something up.
Flash forward as we speak the original 340 sits on a stand in my gargae, mothballed for another day. It is a great mill, I was young and dumb and full of excitement the car was rebuilt .030 over and the usual goodies such as intake,headers, 3.91's oh yeah small shot of nitrous, 3800 stall etc. Car went out every year, few times to the track etc. Anyway after all the fun (really good rolling burnouts with the gears and the spray) I figured after 30 years and 20 bottles I should stop playing with fire and shelve this original block.
Three years ago put a magnum 360, changed to mopar RT cam and bolted on 750 Holley. This worked really well, gobs of torque and 340 sits safe.
Now after a turn of events that I will leave untold I have secured another 360 magnum and with the help of some friends we devised a plan. I placed an order with Hughes Engines for a 426 stroker crank and some prepped Eldelbrock Aluminum heads. That is why we came across this site and I have babbled enough but again thanks for all the great info.

kuda1.jpg

kuda2.jpg

kuda3.jpg

Welcome to the site!Nice droptop!Do you have connectors in it?A 426 stroker sb will make that baby dance for sure.Play safe!

P.S Some FABO members will be behind the baseball diamond at MoparFest.See you there!

I put connectors in the car way back, 340 on spray twisted pretty good on a small set of MT's I ran 12.65. Before the connectors you never knew which way it would come out,sometimes left, next time right but now always up and out to the right a little. New Hamburg pipe dream for me this year I fear. Like to but not likely back together by then. Thanks

Welcome from another Canadian and Formula "S" ragtop owner. That is a sweet looking fish! Put up some more pics please

Welcome to the site,and enjoy.Are you going to moparfest this year21&22 august?I will be there with the one of my rides and banners for sale of the site,mrmopartech

-
Back