WTF with USPS

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

daves66valiant

68 Dart 340/727:66 Signet Vert 340/5spd: 68 D100
Reaction score
41E2BDC8-050E-433C-84F8-983548A3815B.jpeg
Get home today and I find my new baskets strewn across the yard.

Why the heck do the dipshits from the post office think it’s a good idea to throw packages over my gated and fenced property where there are dogs? Can’t make a claim because they will say it was delivered and happened after they delivered it. The normal guy leaves packages in front of our gates. We are on a private drive. So the rationale of people coming to steal them is BS. People are stupid. Nothing in this world pisses me off more. Swear I wanted to beat my dog but she still young and likes chewing **** that’s not hers. That why I keep my stuff out of reach from her.

Guess I’ll head to post office in am and ***** them out and find out who delivered the package and have them reprimanded and have an official complaint made against them.

Sorry for language. Please move to appropriate blue room if necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man that sucks. People just flat don't give a crap/

Hope a complaint makes a difference for you.

After we moved into our current home that had been on the market for 6 months, we filled out the USPS form in the mailbox and put up the mailbox flag.

We then proceeded to update all our addresses including our driver's license. So, a couple of weeks go by (of course we were busy in our new town and jobs) and no new license. When I called driver's license they said the license was returned undeliverable.

So I look and the green card is still in the mailbox!!

When I called the postmaster to complain she totally covered for the letter carrier. Saying she wouldn't check the mailbox unless we had mail to deliver. She couldn't tell me how that made sense when I asked.

Customer no-service for sure.

Soooo, the P.O. delivered an intact package to your yard and your dog chewed it up.

Who is to blame here?

Unless you have given the P.O. sepecific instructions to leave all packages outside the gate, you only need look in the mirror to find the root cause.

Who is to blame here?

Unless you have given the P.O. sepecific instructions to leave all packages outside the gate, you only need look in the mirror to find the root cause.

So throwing the package over the fence is acceptable in your world.

WOW!
The normal guy leaves packages in front of our gates.

I'm assuming the one I sent was left appropriately?

Every shipping service offers tracking these days. If you knew you had a fragile package en route to you house, why not put the dog in?

WOW!

No, failing to inform the delivery services of special instructions and then blaming them is unacceptable in my World.

Soooo, the P.O. delivered an intact package to your yard and your dog chewed it up.

Who is to blame here?

Unless you have been given specific instructions to leave all packages outside the gate, you only need look in the mirror to find the root cause.
Yes they have VERY specific instructions to not leave packages inside the property and they are to be left at the gate. Packages thrown into the middle of our driveway over a 7ft stone wall is BULLSHIT.

Who the **** throws intact packages into a yard with no regard for the contents. Douche bag

Last edited:

WOW!

Yours was neatly placed with other deliveries outside the gate

Man i have had so much trouble with usps ups and FedEx since marshall has became an outside dog. I even talked to them about it and they just dont care. The mail person with usps is just a lazy POS! The fedex guy is a sissy a$$ &^$$! And the only person who gave a crap was the ups guy and he was really cool about it. He started putting them in my truck for my I would park beside the street so he would barely even have to get out of his truck. But Unfortunately he got a different route now where stuck with another moron. I have just about got marshall trained not mess with the packages so its not a huge deal anymore but its just the point. Iv left notes on the door "please put packages in my vehicle or on the grill" they just set it in front of the door. Now let me clear one thing up my dog is a big baby and loves to play in no way is he mean or aggressive he doesnt even bark when they come anymore. So that being said. The fedex guy came to my door knocked on my door with the dog laying on the porch right beside him. And told my wife he wasnt comfortable delivering packages with the dog loose. So let me get this straight you walked up on the same porch the dog is on to tell me your afraid of the dog? Yes sir. Ok thanks. ?? He drove off with my 65" tv beside the road. What a bunch of crap. He was just too lazy to carry the tv 50 feet period! I have a million more just like that. I understand that ppl have mean dogs and it is frightening to see a large unfamiliar dog in the yard you have to deliver a package. But we order online alot. They should know by now he isnt some vicious dog.

No, failing to inform the delivery services of special instructions and then blaming them is unacceptable in my World.

Furthermore the reason we have them left outside the gate is because of the dogs. Ups, fedex and all the other carriers have no issue complying with our request. Not only that no carriers have gate access because of the dogs. I’ve spoken personally to my mail carrier about this in the past and it was documented. Troll somebody else D___daddy

Furthermore the reason we have them left outside the gate is because of the dogs. Ups, fedex and all the other carriers have no issue complying with our request. Not only that no carriers have gate access because of the dogs. I’ve spoken personally to my mail carrier about this in the past and it was documented. Troll somebody else D___daddy
Im in the same boat i have talked to ppl repeatedly and they just wont comply. Which makes no sense at all because where I park my truck is about 60 less feet to walk than my porch. I park my truck right beside the road and have left special instructions with all three carriers multiple times and they still won't comply.

Sounds like "Special Instructions" have been discussed with the USPS... So who's at fault for NOT doing their job. Even if it's a replacement, doesnt relieve them of their duty or diligence in performing a job requirement.

Carry on with it if you please. LOL

View attachment 1715267710 Get home today and I find my new baskets strewn across the yard.

Why the **** do the dipshit mother fuckers from the post office think it’s a good idea to throw packages over my gated and fenced property where there are dogs? Can’t make a claim because they will say it was delivered and happened after they delivered it. The normal guy leaves packages in front of our gates. We are on a private drive. So the rationale of people coming to steal them is BS. People are ******* stupid. Nothing in this world pisses me off more. Swear I wanted to beat my dog but she still young and likes chewing **** that’s not hers. That why I keep my stuff out of reach from her.

Guess I’ll head to post office in am and ***** them out and find out who delivered the package and have them reprimanded and have an official complaint made against them.

Sorry for language. Please move to appropriate blue room if necessary.

As a retired mail carrier, let me tell you how this will play out.
If you go to the P/O to complain, they will listen to you, tell you how the carrier was wrong and say they'll have a chat with the carrier. They may even go so far as to start a claim for you.
But, after you leave 1 of a couple of things are going to happen.
1. You will leave and that will be the end of that. Nothing will come of it. The claim will be denied because the dogs damaged the package, not the USPS.
2. The supervisor is going to attempt to write up the carrier. The carrier will pull out the route book that has notated that there is a gate and a small box. He's also going to pull out the MOU stating that packages are not to be left unsecured at the edge of a property (ie outside a gate).
If the supervisor does go ahead and write up carrier, the carrier will grieve it to the union. The union will kick it back for the above mentioned issues. The carrier delivered the package to a secure location, the locked gated yard. If the gate would have been accessible, the carrier still couldn't deliver the package due to the fact the dogs were out and that violates the USPS dog bite policy. The carrier will get paid overtime to deal with this or they will put a sub on the route while the carrier gets paid to deal with this.
Either way, complain all you want. It might make you feel better but it won't do you any good.
What you might end up doing is get your home marked as 1. No package deliveries unless resident is home and 2. Dog hazard.
Contrary to what you might think or believe, in the end the postage paid to ship a package is from one post office to another. Home delivery is free and not a right or what the shipper paid for.
They should know by now he isnt some vicious dog.
I never knew what a dog would do. I walked thru everyone's yard, with their pets smell on me. I've had "good" dogs attack me. I've cut entire blocks over dogs.
"please put packages in my vehicle or on the grill"
Not allowed to. Just that simple. The USPS says mail is to only be delivered into approved receptacles.
Ups, fedex and all the other carriers have no issue complying with our request.
That's the difference, they don't work for the USPS who have to follow federal laws.They have more leverage to do things like this.

What I would have done would be to leave a notice that the package could be picked up at the P/O or Re-delivery could be attempted at a date you provide. Of course that would become a point to ***** about too.

Now, let the haters that think they know everything hate, but that's how it it is.

Glad a postal worker piped up. I believe you are right. With total disregard, how many times have you thrown packages into a gated property where you knew there were dogs? I trust you never did.

I already read the postal claims info on the web before I posted this rant. I get fucked over either way by a lazy *** postal worker who doesn’t have the common decency to respect people property. Sad thing in this world is people only remember the Shitty ones and not the hard working postal workers.

Btw we have a secure entry onto our private drive shared by our neighbor. So the MOU would not hold water in my opinion. Clearly the carrier is WRONG here IMO.

Here is a picture of a carriers mail case. If you look in the slots, you'll see the slips in some of them. That's not mail. Those are dog warning cards (the big yellow one) as well as various other markers (problem customers, do not deliver, elderly, etc.) If you look below the counter you will see the route book. If there is a special delivery instruction, it is placed in that book. Those must be submitted, then approved prior to going into that book. That book spells out the order of delivery, where the carrier is to take his breaks and lunch, where bathrooms are, gate/door codes, and everything the carrier is supposed to do.
So, if you asked a carrier to do something and didn't file the paperwork to support the request, it didn't happen. Remember, you're dealing with the US Government here. Since when did the government do something just because you said to.

1case.jpg

Not allowed to. Just that simple. The USPS says mail is to only be delivered into approved receptacles.

That's the difference, they don't work for the USPS who have to follow federal laws.They have more leverage to do things like this.
So your telling me that throwing packages onto the ground in front of my porch or leaving them on the porch in the rain is an approved receptacle? The last mail carrier we had left packages in the car all the time
Especially if it was raining or she knew we wasnt home.

Glad a postal worker piped up. I believe you are right. With total disregard, how many times have you thrown packages into a gated property where you knew there were dogs? I trust you never did.

I already read the postal claims info on the web before I posted this rant. I get fucked over either way by a lazy *** postal worker who doesn’t have the common decency to respect people property. Sad thing in this world is people only remember the Shitty ones and not the hard working postal workers.

Btw we have a secure entry onto our private drive shared by our neighbor. So the MOU would not hold water in my opinion. Clearly the carrier is WRONG here IMO.
1. I never threw packages into yards. I always left a notice to pick up at P/O. Of course I had people ***** because I didn't toss the package. You can't please everyone.
2. I don't know the carrier that did this, I can't speak for him. But if you ever spent a day with a carrier, you'd never call them lazy again. It's hard work.
3. You may be right, there is a separate MOU would dictate that the boxes for all the homes on the private drive be moved to a public access. But, unless the private drive is also gated (if that's the case why is yours?), the drive is accessible to the public and therefore the 1st MOU stands.
4. IMO the dogs shouldn't have been out and left unsupervised at any time. Dogs are dogs and find ways to do things they shouldn't. Case in point.

So your telling me that throwing packages onto the ground in front of my porch or leaving them on the porch in the rain is an approved receptacle? The last mail carrier we had left packages in the car all the time
Especially if it was raining or she knew we wasnt home.
I wouldn't leave them in the rain, I would leave a notice. But yes, leaving a package on a porch is allowed. Leaving in a car or truck is a big no no. The carrier that did that could have gotten into trouble if caught.

I sent my friend in TX some thermal underwear and a lined flannel shirt that they do not sell down there and the tracking claims that it was "left with individual" and they never received the package... :mob:

I tried to go to post office and ask and they say that they do not do claims in the office for the last five years and I have to file on line... They force you to make an account and then file... :mad:

When I tried to file, the web site states that it's past the 15 - 60 day time period, and I sent the package on 12-17-18... WTF???? :wtf:

Convenient that they give you the run-around where you can't talk to a person and state your case.... :bs_flag:

So Christmas is over and he never got my gift and I'm getting a hassle trying to make the claim for the insurance and I feel that they should also refund the shipping price since they did not perform the service satisfactorily that I paid for.... :icon_fU:

Last edited:
When I tried to file, the web site states that it's past the 15 - 60 day time period, and I sent the package on 12-17-18... WTF????
That's an easy one. You haven't waited the 15 days yet. If you shipped on the 17th, today is the 28th that's only 11 days. Give it a few days then attempt the online claim. But you should be able to file in person. At least you could before I retired.

@daves66valiant

If that package was from DMT, I'll bet they'll replace it for you due to circumstances. Send them a link to this thread & chalk it up to the Oops--Oh Crap stuff that happens :)

Best of Luck in getting it resolved thru the PO--:eek:

Detroit Muscle Technologies

This ^ DMT is one of the best companies I've ever dealt with. Very nice folks there for sure. It looks like some of the stuff is still usable. Any stuff that was damaged, they can send you, and I'd bet at the very least, they give you a huge discount on the replacement parts.

Last edited:
My only option now is to build a large secure receptacle outside my gated entry.
@daves66valiant

If that package was from DMT, I'll bet they'll replace it for you due to circumstances. Send them a link to this thread & chalk it up to the Oops--Oh Crap stuff that happens :)

Best of Luck in getting it resolved thru the PO--:eek:

Detroit Muscle Technologies

I’ll give it a try with DMT. Most expensive item destroyed was the 68’ dart tail light gasket kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back