WTH is with people

-

chryslerfat

Reaction score
The other day it was snowmoblies riding on and tearing up my wheat field. This morning I am sitting here after taking my son to school and I hear a vehicle stop and throttle up. I look out the window to see a Jeep Cherokee finishing a doughnut in my driveway and tearing across the street to turn doughnuts in the field. I guess no one has respect for others property anymore. Its no wonder farmers shoot idiots for this kind of crap.

i was the ones that were on their snowmobiles!. they were getting even for you kicking them off your property the first time. just stand out there with a 12 guage. they will get the point

Shooting them would be to nice...I say hold them down while someone trashes all his property..then kick him in the balls................over and over.......

The other day it was snowmoblies riding on and tearing up my wheat field. This morning I am sitting here after taking my son to school and I hear a vehicle stop and throttle up. I look out the window to see a Jeep Cherokee finishing a doughnut in my driveway and tearing across the street to turn doughnuts in the field. I guess no one has respect for others property anymore. Its no wonder farmers shoot idiots for this kind of crap.

Sounds like you need some good video camera footage with a tag number to present to the police. Maybe digging a trench might be another answer.

When I finally found my camera lol got shoes on turned on the porch light and stepped out to the porch they hit it out of the field and down the road. It was still dark out and no license plate light so I could not get a plate number. The field they went in is not mine but I cant believe the total lack of respect nowdays.

obviously they are cowards thats proven by them running at the first sign of getting caught. Also, stay the hell off his property like he asked you to and when you get a job save some money and buy your own property you can tear it up with your pos snowmobile all you want.

When I finally found my camera lol got shoes on turned on the porch light and stepped out to the porch they hit it out of the field and down the road. It was still dark out and no license plate light so I could not get a plate number. The field they went in is not mine but I cant believe the total lack of respect nowdays.

I can, I see it everyday. It falls in line with the discussions we have elsewhere on this board.

I have the same problem here at times. I have gone to the parents and asked them to keep their kids off my property.. Guess what I'm the (fill in the blank). Total disrespect for everything.

It got so bad at times I resorted to getting the police involved, then the parents asked me why didn't you come to us first? :banghead:

People don't care or respect anyone's property anymore. As they say with locks and NO TRESSPASSING signs: they will only keep an honest man out!

There was a small farm near where I grew up. Farmer used to shoot at us with a 12 gauge. Let me tell you, it stings like a bastard when you get hit with rock salt.

Cinder blocks scattered around standing on end should slow them down on the snow mobiles.

If you can find out who did it you can legally prosecute them for destroying your property and farm crop. Even if it is only for feeding ducks and turtles. Get enviro activist nutty on their *** and claim it is a food source for indigenous wildlife.

Is the property posted as per the local laws regarding "Posted"???

After you have it legally posted as per local laws:

Even if you dont know who did it, immediately schedule an appointment with the Sherrif or Police Sergent. Fill out a report about the:
1 trespassing and criminal mischief
2 intentional or willful destruction of private property including destroying cultivated soil and crops and your driveway
3 disturbing the peace and aggravated intrusion into your privacy.
4 destruction of your front yard or driveway

Come equipped to the PD with a written summary of the stuff they did including date time, a summary of the land, crops, driveway, or anything which was disturbed or destroyed, and include the necessary repairs needed to fix what they destroyed. the nesessary ammound of damage estimated in dollars to fix the physical damage.

If the Police are not interested in taking care of you, let them know that you will be immediately contacting as many environmental groups and government agencies necessary to get the attention needed to deem the property as being damaged by the trespassing.

You have to get this on record to legally handle it.

Otherwise you can just shoot rock salt at them like mentioned above (not sure if that is legal) and put up fences, piles of boulders and cinder blocks, moats full of pissed off alligators, flaming scarecrows, pyrotechnics, remotely controlled catapults loaded with bags of flaming cow crap.

I like the rock salt, rpg and claymore idea also although I am not certain they sell that stuff at Walmart any more.

I know what you mean no respect for others property. I find they think if they can see no one around it is free for them. Over the past 3 years, I have also had problems. A pregnant goat shot twice with muzzle at hip and shoulder, left to die. It happened near Christmas 2011. Sheriff was called earlier in the day by neighbors, to talk with kids with a gun looking to shoot something. The new deputy spilled the beans, the other officer shut him up. Never heard more about the case.

I get blamed by people that get shocked on electric fence, when feeding my horses. I find fire circles in the woods, at times of drought. People doing high powered large caliber target practice in my woods. Tents and forts built from cutting down trees, taking down fence wire to strap them together. People cutting fire wood without permission. People shooting guineas thinking they are wild turkeys. And 4-wheelers. Also a neighbors kids picked up my survey property stakes and gave them to me.

I checked with sheriff, and installed no trespassing signs, I have the right to hold at gunpoint invaders, till the sheriff comes.

It can be worse.

Dang kids. Last weekend they smashed the mirror of my son's car parked on the street in SF. We need another war to send them off to expend their hormones, or else castrate the varmints.

I am moving to TN in the next ten years, where you are still allowed to protect your property, family and life. I have plenty of friends all over the hills of TN and it is one state where you can still defend your own.

I know what you mean no respect for others property. I find they think if they can see no one around it is free for them. Over the past 3 years, I have also had problems. A pregnant goat shot twice with muzzle at hip and shoulder, left to die. It happened near Christmas 2011. Sheriff was called earlier in the day by neighbors, to talk with kids with a gun looking to shoot something. The new deputy spilled the beans, the other officer shut him up. Never heard more about the case.

I get blamed by people that get shocked on electric fence, when feeding my horses. I find fire circles in the woods, at times of drought. People doing high powered large caliber target practice in my woods. Tents and forts built from cutting down trees, taking down fence wire to strap them together. People cutting fire wood without permission. People shooting guineas thinking they are wild turkeys. And 4-wheelers. Also a neighbors kids picked up my survey property stakes and gave them to me.

I checked with sheriff, and installed no trespassing signs, I have the right to hold at gunpoint invaders, till the sheriff comes.

It can be worse.

Dang kids. Last weekend they smashed the mirror of my son's car parked on the street in SF. We need another war to send them off to expend their hormones, or else castrate the varmints.
I guess letting everyone in school win and get a ribbon was not enough to teach them respect.

It is in the news that home invaders are shot. Never seen charges pressed against home owner. Some on 911 call, told to defend if entered, gal shot one dead, other gave up.

The problem here is planting subdivisions in farm country. Lots of animal varmits, and human.

Trespassing seems to be a bigger and bigger problem on farmland lately, had somebody come banging on my door angry at me over the summer because our cows had chased them while picking black berrys, to pick said berrys they had to hop my fence with no trespassing signs and walk well into the field. Gotta love people these days. Then you get songs like this promoting trepassing and tearing up the poor farmers field, "because nobodys gonna get hurt", yeah ok.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YfNFR6gh2E"]Kip Moore - Somethin' 'Bout A Truck - YouTube[/ame]

I can, I see it everyday. It falls in line with the discussions we have elsewhere on this board.

I have the same problem here at times. I have gone to the parents and asked them to keep their kids off my property.. Guess what I'm the (fill in the blank). Total disrespect for everything.

It got so bad at times I resorted to getting the police involved, then the parents asked me why didn't you come to us first? :banghead:

I can second that first comment. It's more than just a lack of respect. Since I started working in ministry, I've tried to be more alert to people's attitudes and temperaments. There has definitely been a change. Not only is there an overall lack of respect and civility, I've observed a significant increase in the levels of anger and hostility in the past twenty years. It seems like it took a sharp upturn in the mid 90s.

The lack of respect is evident in the way people are treating each other, ways that transcend the violation of personal property. For instance, you can see how quickly people get angry when someone disagrees with them, on any issue. They cannot reason with disagreement with any degree of civility. You mentioned discussions on this board. There are some people I've observed who are spring loaded to the pissed off position, and the second anyone disagrees with them, the gloves come off and the insults and personal attacks start flying, and the discussion is quickly reduced to the level of irrelevance. It's not just this site. It's happening on just every message board on the web unless there is strict moderation.

The lack of respect for authority has sharply increased. A lot of people don't like to be told what to do, which includes being told to stay off a neighbor's land. A lot it can be traced to parenting, as you no doubt have come to realize. The parents' job is to teach their children about respect and that's where much of the failure lies. It starts in the home but unfortunately, respect isn't being taught in the home the way it once was.
I care about people and what we're seeing today is a legitimate cause for concern, not a negative indictment of society. I just wanted to make that point clear.

Cinder blocks scattered around standing on end should slow them down on the snow mobiles.

If you can find out who did it you can legally prosecute them for destroying your property and farm crop. Even if it is only for feeding ducks and turtles. Get enviro activist nutty on their *** and claim it is a food source for indigenous wildlife.

Is the property posted as per the local laws regarding "Posted"???

After you have it legally posted as per local laws:

Even if you dont know who did it, immediately schedule an appointment with the Sherrif or Police Sergent. Fill out a report about the:
1 trespassing and criminal mischief
2 intentional or willful destruction of private property including destroying cultivated soil and crops and your driveway
3 disturbing the peace and aggravated intrusion into your privacy.
4 destruction of your front yard or driveway

Come equipped to the PD with a written summary of the stuff they did including date time, a summary of the land, crops, driveway, or anything which was disturbed or destroyed, and include the necessary repairs needed to fix what they destroyed. the nesessary ammound of damage estimated in dollars to fix the physical damage.

If the Police are not interested in taking care of you, let them know that you will be immediately contacting as many environmental groups and government agencies necessary to get the attention needed to deem the property as being damaged by the trespassing.

You have to get this on record to legally handle it.

Otherwise you can just shoot rock salt at them like mentioned above (not sure if that is legal) and put up fences, piles of boulders and cinder blocks, moats full of pissed off alligators, flaming scarecrows, pyrotechnics, remotely controlled catapults loaded with bags of flaming cow crap.

I like the rock salt, rpg and claymore idea also although I am not certain they sell that stuff at Walmart any more.

The last paragraph is perfect

Someone recently said something on this subject, and the more I think about it, the more true it rings. " This is the first generation of idiots raising idiots."

Also, society comes out of the late 80's through early 90's with the whole Gordon Gecko "Greed is Good!" Mentality. Gone are the days of helping your neighbor (except for huge disasters, ie Sandy or Katrina) and the notion that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one. It's me first and "F" everyone else.

I can second that first comment. It's more than just a lack of respect. Since I started working in ministry, I've tried to be more alert to people's attitudes and temperaments. There has definitely been a change. Not only is there an overall lack of respect and civility, I've observed a significant increase in the levels of anger and hostility in the past twenty years. It seems like it took a sharp upturn in the mid 90s.

The lack of respect is evident in the way people are treating each other, ways that transcend the violation of personal property. For instance, you can see how quickly people get angry when someone disagrees with them, on any issue. They cannot reason with disagreement with any degree of civility. You mentioned discussions on this board. There are some people I've observed who are spring loaded to the pissed off position, and the second anyone disagrees with them, the gloves come off and the insults and personal attacks start flying, and the discussion is quickly reduced to the level of irrelevance. It's not just this site. It's happening on just every message board on the web unless there is strict moderation.

The lack of respect for authority has sharply increased. A lot of people don't like to be told what to do, which includes being told to stay off a neighbor's land. A lot it can be traced to parenting, as you no doubt have come to realize. The parents' job is to teach their children about respect and that's where much of the failure lies. It starts in the home but unfortunately, respect isn't being taught in the home the way it once was.
I care about people and what we're seeing today is a legitimate cause for concern, not a negative indictment of society. I just wanted to make that point clear.
This makes alot of sense as I am not with my sons mother and I have had to teach him its not yours dont touch it. He has questioned me saying well why cant I. I tell him if it is not yours you have no right to it. When we lived in the subdivision before moving to the country I had conflict trying to teach him stay out of anothers property unless you are asked. As I see it the kids have been shown no respect is ok by their parents. I was raised on a farm about a mile from where I am at now and if you went on another persons land or bothered anything that was not yours you got your tail beat. It appears like you say a generation has been raised not to accept being told what to do and follow rules rather than defy them. It took my son until this year in school to learn he is responsible for his actions and no one else. Instead of parents thinking someone has no right to their own property they should teach that they should ask first. I wonder just how many families no longer eat dinner together or spend time teaching right from wrong rather than leaving that to the schools and law enforcement.

-
Back