XV Motorsports wants an A Body to play with

-

340_dart_power

Reaction score
Guys & Ladies:
Received this e-mail from XV Motorsports today:

Your A-body suspension prayers are answered!
Finally, after many requests, XV Motorsports is ready to develop and produce its Level II Suspension for A-body Mopars.

We would like to find someone interested in modifying their car to aid in the development and testing of the suspension and related upgrades for this body type.
The customer will be getting the first parts we will produce at greatly discounted prices and free labor as well as boasting rights to have installed the first XV A-body Level II Suspension! You will need to transport your car to our facility in Irvington, NY.

Interested parties should call Peter @ the NY shop 914-693-1122.

Rumor has it that XV will be making a big announcement on its’ Level II Suspension over the next couple weeks. Stay tuned!

XV Motorsports
Two Bridge Street
Irvington, NY 10533
www.xvmotorsports.com

Thought I'd pass it along in case anyone in N.Y. state had any interest

wheres gmachine pete. that would be perfect for his car. plus he works there doesn't he?

I would volunteer my Duster fast enough to make your head spin!! But I cant afford the stuff even at "greatly discounted prices" :( Such a shame.. :(

I would volunteer my Duster fast enough to make your head spin!! But I cant afford the stuff even at "greatly discounted prices" :( Such a shame.. :(

you would think they would give it to you for free since they are gonna make money on the kits once done. :)

That was the deal originally. I sent them an email over the summer the first time they asked and never heard back from them.

I believe so, I may be wrong but Im pretty sure they were.

Probably a nagging Wife. Goin' "Uh-uh, no you ain't!"

I vote for free parts and labor, it's only right.............right?

the economy...

if its that bad them maybe they shouldn't be making a new system untill the economy straightens out. just seems wrong to take someones car, use it as a gunnia pig for a system that your gonna sell for profits and not give the guy who donated the his car the parts and labor for free.

I'm sure GmachineDartGT (Pete) has been the guinea pig for many of the parts - they had a booth set up at Big Daddy's show yesterday, but I never got by.

The first time was for chassis stiffening parts. We wound up holding off for a bit as there is only so much I can handle in the NY shop. Now that we have been able to trim several thousand out of the level II kit, we decided it would be a good time to revisit this kit. We have had an overwhelming response which is very promissing. Once I mentioned the combined price of the front and rear suspension systems, many were pleased. I am still sifting through people willing to let us use there car. Once we do, the deal we proposed with the chassis stiffening will be followed through. The level II suspension has many parts in it that we do not make. It is only fair to charge for the parts, even if it is at a reduced rate. I did not post on any of the Mopar sites as I knew people would be commenting and speculating without knowing the facts. In this economy it takes lots of time and money to develop almost everything. I am not willing to suggest/develop products if I am not sure if there will be a decent demand.

I wish I lived closer!!

Gmachine, Sorry if I sounded like I was attacking your company. I really didn't intend to sound like I was. I wouldn't expect to get something as expensive as your level II suspension kit for free. Especially with all the outsourcing you have to do. I didn't look at the old thread so I didn't know it was for the chassis stiffening when I said "the economy". I have been following your products for a while now and must say that they look fantastic. Again.. Sorry if I seemed like I was Bashing your company!! That was not at all my intent!

Benjamin

The first time was for chassis stiffening parts. We wound up holding off for a bit as there is only so much I can handle in the NY shop. Now that we have been able to trim several thousand out of the level II kit, we decided it would be a good time to revisit this kit. We have had an overwhelming response which is very promissing. Once I mentioned the combined price of the front and rear suspension systems, many were pleased. I am still sifting through people willing to let us use there car. Once we do, the deal we proposed with the chassis stiffening will be followed through. The level II suspension has many parts in it that we do not make. It is only fair to charge for the parts, even if it is at a reduced rate. I did not post on any of the Mopar sites as I knew people would be commenting and speculating without knowing the facts. In this economy it takes lots of time and money to develop almost everything. I am not willing to suggest/develop products if I am not sure if there will be a decent demand.

I left my name and was told Paul would be calling today. Unfortunatly I'm at work in meetings. I'll have to call them back later on today. Hopefully I get to speak with them prior to a decision being made.

Riddler

I left my name and was told Paul would be calling today. Unfortunatly I'm at work in meetings. I'll have to call them back later on today. Hopefully I get to speak with them prior to a decision being made.

Riddler
How about a nice 528 Hemi 5 speed Duster?

100_1428.jpg

Well after speaking to Peter it looks as though I will not be chosen. XV is looking for a car that can be driven and runs well.

Shame, mines all apart and that makes it easy to do measurements and modifications.

Good luck to everyone else who submitted.

Riddler

I was going to say Pete IS the XV tech in New York as far as I'm aware...lol.

-
Back