Year one 17 inch ralleys

-
Oddly enough, I remembered that I had a set of 17 inch rims from a '07 gt and the bolt pattern fits perfectly. Just need to do something about that center cap.

I appreciate your response Dano.

ian.

GT as in Mustang? If so they have a really positive offset and you'll need spacers in the front.

From what I understand, I also need them in the rear as well. For the rear, I have a set of adapters which are @ 1.25 inches so I should be ok.

I don't have spacers for the front. Where can you buy them or can I use something like washers ?

Thanks
ian.

From what I understand, I also need them in the rear as well. For the rear, I have a set of adapters which are @ 1.25 inches so I should be ok.

I don't have spacers for the front. Where can you buy them or can I use something like washers ?

Thanks
ian.

No on the washers. I'd test fit them first, see what you need. This thread would be a good resource.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=58491

I went through it, somewhere in there someone refers to a place to get good spacers.

They bolt right on, I have set on my Duster. I only used a 1/2 inch space in the back so the tire did not hit the spring. I put some big tires on the back.

Attachments

• leftside.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 1,782
  • 52012 073.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 1,338
  • 8-19-20 pictures 001.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 2,314
  • 8-19-20 pictures 003.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 1,321
Just to clear up any confusion....

I had no part in Gdemon's build. Although I admire it...HE discovered the 17" wheels as far as I know

...jeez..almost ricer territory...

28" tires on a 20" wheel have quite a bit of rubber to rim profile. In my opinon the cuda and challenger realy lend themselves to this size rim, at least in the rear. I'm getting into the stagger look. 20/18, 18/17 etc..

Here is a cheaper alternative.....17x7 steel wheels from late model chargers/300's/magnums

Gdemon71b-1.jpg

4.25" Backspace....fit a B-Body 8 3/4 rear in an A-body with NO modifications

Fit the hubs no problem, front/rear.
17" FORD Universal Trim Rings fit like they were designed to fit these rims....center caps fit and look OE, but you have to drill the mounting holes in the rims.

I have 5 sets of these wheels if anybody wants a set of 4.....no trim rings or center caps....and all of the rims are powdercoated BLACK, OEM.
$125/set of 4 + shipping.
No tires.

Hi, I love this idea! What is the best way to drill the holes to mount the center caps?

Look like Year One wheels - current bid $824. Ad below:

CUDA, CHALLENGER, DUSTER, CHARGER

17"x8" 17"x9" Cast Aluminum Mopar Rallye Wheels

Set of 4

17x 8 & 17x9 version of the "Mopar Rallye" wheel available originally on Dodge and Plymouth models.

Please specify when you order, if you want 8", 9" or a staggered set of wheels. They are Silver Powder Coated w/ a Machined Lip. 17x8s have a 4.25" backspacing and the 17x9s are 5"; both with a 4.5" bolt pattern.

17x8s- Original fitment test done with 245/45-17 BF Goodrich G-Force T/A-KDW tires.
17x9s- Original fitment test done with 275/40-17 BF Goodrich G-Force T/A-KDW tires
Accepts original style center caps but not factory lug nuts or cap screws.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-17x8-17...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item4851903aee

$T2eC16JHJHgE9n0yEYejBRJ55pnO,w~~60_14.JPG

$(KGrHqN,!jcFELPZTbc8BRJ55hPZ!w~~60_14.JPG

$T2eC16VHJHgE9n0yFjbvBRJ55hOIUQ~~60_14.JPG

Ok I hear you. I still need to fix my rim problem... these are original rims and I am afraid just do not convey the right sense of bad in a good way that I am looking for.

Very frustrating and not therapeutic at all to be trying to sort which rim/tire combo to put on here.

What would you do?

IMG_1676.JPG

They bolt right on, I have set on my Duster. I only used a 1/2 inch space in the back so the tire did not hit the spring. I put some big tires on the back.

Dwire67,......What size tires are you running front and back?

DWIRE! Someone parked your Duster in a Chebby garage (See pic #1 in Post #30)...they are about to perform som "Super Chevrolet Service" on it! Run! :mrgreen:

All kidding aside...your car looks spot on with those wheels. Tempted to get a set and try 'em on my '70. Just not sure if I've got an A-body or B-body rear....

Ok I hear you. I still need to fix my rim problem... these are original rims and I am afraid just do not convey the right sense of bad in a good way that I am looking for.

Very frustrating and not therapeutic at all to be trying to sort which rim/tire combo to put on here.

What would you do?

IMG_1676.JPG
Those are original there aren't even Mopar Wheels.
They are 60's Mustang Wheels so no where near original

Still no pics of Year One 17s on a dart. Damn!

The offset really isn't ideal for an A body in the front. 17x8 with a 4.5" BS is good for the rear, but it needs more backspace in the front to work well. I think it can be done, but your tire width will be limited. 245's on 17x8's with 4.5" backspace will rub the fenders on most A bodies. With 225's in the front it might work ok on most A bodies.

They're about perfect for B/E bodies though, which is why I think all of the pictures of them are on B/E bodies.

I dont have the Rallys your discussing but I do run 18x8 4.5"Bs rims on front and back of my 71" dart (which is a 0 offset if rim sizes confuse anyone). There is a little bit of room in the rear to the spring but I dont know if I could get any closer with the limited BS options. The rear to the fender is as tight as it could be. I cant get my fat finger between the two. The front could in my opninion come in a little bit but with the 4.5"BS I do not have any rubbing to the fender. My car is lower than most I see, and I run a front swarbar now which allowed me to lower the car another 1/2" more than what is the picture below.

This is before I installed my swarbar and lowered it a little more.
13745104213689591968374.jpg

Those are original there aren't even Mopar Wheels.
They are 60's Mustang Wheels so no where near original

Hey yeah..Thanks for comment. You are right except they are hub caps on the 14in rims that originally came on the car. I've had the car in my possession for 3 weeks now...

-
Back