Yikes- Are these really that valuable?

-
I am often entertained by some of the items and prices on Ebay. I tell my wife based on Ebay prices the stuff I've got in the shop would make me a millionaire!! The crazy part is that you occasionally see some parts sell for the crazy prices listed.

That's why I posted it.

An asking price is just that.

A selling price, otoh.....is now a statistic.

'72 is a difficult year to find parts for, really.

The same guy is selling this used Hot Wheel Barracuda for $50?!?!

$_14.JPG

Can you find one cheaper? I thought it was a good deal actually.

^That's absolutely ridiculous. $290 for a NOS air filter? I guess if you REALLY want a totally authentic restoration. I'm happy with my $5 1 bbl air filters!

^That's absolutely ridiculous. $290 for a NOS air filter? I guess if you REALLY want a totally authentic restoration. I'm happy with my $5 1 bbl air filters!

We have a friend in canada restoring a a12 superbee .. He would of paid up to $500 for a nos air filter

So is the black one a "Mopar only" replacement filter, or were they available from other stores like the orange?

Anyone else buy or sell pushbutton a/c control lately?

I can probably pick one up for $20.

If I can get anywhere near that $120 for it, I'll go get it tomorrow.

Rusty- you talkin bout the a/c part, the 6 pack filter, or the hotwheel?

If the hotwheel is nice $50 or more is not unheard of. -wait, it's not...

I'm sorry YY1. Didn't mean to hijack your thread with the filter stuff.

Anyone else buy or sell pushbutton a/c control lately?

I can probably pick one up for $20.

If I can get anywhere near that $120 for it, I'll go get it tomorrow.

Rusty- you talkin bout the a/c part, the 6 pack filter, or the hotwheel?

If the hotwheel is nice $50 or more is not unheard of. -wait, it's not...

The AC control. Post where you find one for 20 bucks.

I wont mention any names but a fellow member send me one the other day...wouldn't even let me reimburse the shipping cost

I am talking about NEW IN THE BOX for 20 bucks.

Well the listing certainly wasn't NIB.

I did go get the one I knew about yesterday.

Not quite as nice as I remembered it-

Fan switch contacts burnt up, faceplate cracked, buttons yellowed, and back plate with nipples off with spring missing...but...

The nipple plate is present with no nipples broken, the slide plates are present, and I got the temp control cable and all the vacuum hoses.

$10

Before I put it up for sale, I should probably look closely at the one in my wagon.

About 2 years ago when I was backlighting all the text on the rally bezels.., Correcting the appearance of those buttons and redesigning where the light comes from ( so yellowed OEM plastic wouldn't be an issue ) was in the second phase planned. Backlighting the non a/c climate controllers was in the first phase. Anyway...
Entire project went into the garbage.
Those who do want better than what they have can only wait for Wong the Chinaman to reproduce exactly what ma mopar created.

$78 shipping from AZ? UPS red maybe but I better get it next day. Inflated shipping is reportable on Ebay but still gets used. ie. .01 for a PS3 controller but $34 for shipping. It gets it right up to the top on a "lowest price first" filter. $250 for an air filter, now THAT'S a Mopar tax!

-
Back