You can not MAKE this stuff up LOL

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Evidently now that pot is a valued commodity in some states, it seems that any highway milepost "420" disappears with increasing regularity.

I am NOT making this up.

On I-70 in Colorado, they finally got tired of replacing the milepost 420 sign, so it now officially reads 419.99!!!!!

(On a side note, another sign has been replaced with 68.5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Attachments

• 420.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 450
Oh brother.
I guess one has lot's of spare time if one smokes pot and can't get a job.

I'm not sure what's worth............the fact that these signs get stolen, or that the state spent all this time and money on the "problem." Cripes............do we REALLY NEED a 420 mile sign? LOL

Comes in handy when you are broke down and need to give the tow truck an idea of where you are at. Of course, GPS might make that easier now!

Okay, clue me in.
What does the significance of the number 420 have with pot?
Or 69 for that matter? (Other than sex)

In the 60s the college kids would get back to the dorms from their last classes the usual time was 4:20 when they started smoking their weed. At least that is what I read.

A widely discussed story says that a group of teenagers in San Rafael, California,[4][5] calling themselves the Waldos,[6] because, "their chosen hang-out spot was a wall outside the school",[7] used the term in connection with a fall 1971 plan to search for an abandoned cannabis crop that they had learned about.[6][8] The Waldos designated the Louis Pasteur statue on the grounds of San Rafael High School as their meeting place, and 4:20 p.m. as their meeting time.[7] The Waldos referred to this plan with the phrase "4:20 Louis". After multiple attempts to find the crop failed, their phrase eventually was shortened to simply "4:20", which ultimately evolved into a codeword that the teens used to mean pot-smoking in general.[8] Mike Edison says that Steve Hager of High Times was responsible for taking the story about the Waldos to "mind-boggling, cult like extremes" and "suppressing" all other stories about the origin of the term.[9]

It just occurs to me that if I was in a "sign stealin mood" that I'd MUCH rather have a "419.99" sign than a 420 sign LOL

I actually ad a member in chat explain to me the significance of "420" not long ago. And I still don't get it.

I'm not sure what's worth............the fact that these signs get stolen, or that the state spent all this time and money on the "problem." Cripes............do we REALLY NEED a 420 mile sign? LOL

The milepost signs are used to pinpoint wrecks on interstates so jurisdictions can know whether or not to respond, or how close to them the problem is. Yes, mile post are important.

That mile marker has been disappearing for years, I drive a truck that way all the time.

looks like it would have been simpler to place a camera on it and bust them. If they would steal a sign that is not all they would. Trouble is they would only get a hand slap

Years ago a buddy had a girlfriend named Shelby. He stole a sign that read "WELCOME TO SHELBY" About 200 mile drive with this huge sign sticking out the back of a Pinto and got away with it.
Back when neighborhood "CRIME WATCH ZONE" signs were going up every thief had to take the challenge / steal one. LOL

Yo, C130......
LBbX3By9v_BW7b8MCz3FQnDFmw2xxHeOUOthtqva2P2iUSOzknGfOw==.jpg

When I was in college, we were sitting in the common area of the dorm one night watching TV. Three guys came in letting out war hoops carrying turn signs off the mountain. They thought they had really gotten away with something.

About 15 minutes later four cops came through the door looking for them. They weren't hoopen when the cops brought them back down the stairs.

-
Back