Your biggest adrenaline rush?

-

Badart

Reaction score
I was thinking about this the other day during a recent elk hunt in New Mexico while sitting there behind a spotting scope glassing elk. I have done quiet a bit in my life including serving my country in a search and rescue helicopter squadron during war time. Played sports my entire life with success and have done my share of crazy and extremely stupid things.

The one thing that really stands out in my mind is shooting my first Pope & Young record book bull elk with a bow in my hand. Hands down the biggest adrenaline rush in my life. I called in this rutting bull within 30 yards with a general over-the-counter tag in Idaho a few years ago. I agree with Ted Nugent when he says "archery hunting is the last perfect thing in this world".

I was recently watching a hunting show out west that featured a major league cy young winning relief pitcher that has pitched in a world series. He claimed the rush of pitching in the world series pales in comparison to shooting a big bull with a bow and arrow. I find that amazing!

I was just curious what gets you going? For me it's a rutting bull screaming so close that it hurts your ears and makes every hair on your body stand up. Just sharing. I can't say hunting is for everyone, but everyone should try it once in their life.

Idaho Bull.jpg

My biggest rush launching the duster down the 1/4 mile a feeling nothing in this world can match..

Clutch out, throttle down. Shift when you can't hear yourself scream.

Mine was going flat out around the first three turns of the old Laguna Seca course in my E Production MGB without lifting off the gas. Wasn't sure if I'd make it out of the turn. Decided at that time my bark was worse than my bite and my wallet was empty, I quit racing.

0 to 160 in ten seconds in a amusement drag racing thing in florida. it was amazing:) i have wanted to drag race the big nitro cars ever since:) i think it will be better then skydiving this summer idk tho

Running the boat at 70 - 80 mph for 30 miles up Lake of the Ozarks in 1 - 3 footers only letting off the throttle when the prop leaves the water! Nothing like using a gallon a minute of 93 octane!

Atving in the hills of Arkansas.Never know where your going to end up or what obstacles you encounter.Memike probably knows this!

Mine was Dirt Devil racing in a small town in Washington...8 cars lined up in a rodeo arena around the track 10 times...... pretty much destroyed a '77 Poncho Firechicken that way....oh.... and it is a mud track.... had 31x10.5 mud slinger tires on it.... crazy !

my other was hearing my 360 pop fire through it the first time.....pure excitement.

-RPM

Rock Crawling in my Ford Explorer is a real rush...

widowmaker2.jpg

widowmaker3_sml.jpg

Watching the yellow lights come down the tree is 2nd only to watching the birth of my firstborn.
But I gotta say that is a magnificent bull elk in the pic.

riding the trails in my old atv i had nothin like never lettin off the gas while hitting a 4 foot deep water hole going about 50 in a 280 blaster oh boy what a rushi thought i ws gonna be thrown off

Test riding a Ninja 1000 I had just put a nitrous system on. 0-60 in maybe 2 sec at the most? Then for fun I hit the button (i set it up for the horn button) at full throttle at about 65. Front end hit the sky! LOL!

The most lasting rush was winning the 3 races I entered with my KZ650. No better rush than beating all 8 to 18 racers and getting the big trophy!

Going out of a C130 at 12,500 feet and watching the tracers go past your head at 3500 feet with no canopy certainly increases the pucker factor.

Well I'm not a big adrenaline addict but competing in sport jiujitsu/grappling tournaments is a big rush for me. I guess the feeling of not knowing what the other guy is going to do to you or just how tough the other man is brings a huge rush in my system.

mine is a Halo Jump at night, somewhere you are not suppose to be. ( if you don't know what that is Google it)

mine is a Halo Jump at night, somewhere you are not suppose to be. ( if you don't know what that is Google it)

Cambodia.... No need to Google, I have a friend who was Calvery and has the RPG scars to prove it, not to mention the one time I saw him take down someone who touched from behind,,,,,, Woe be to those who approach a vet from the rear...... :stop::stop:

-
Back