Your favorite Cigar?

-

69MOPE

Reaction score
Yesterday I had a Rocky Patel 1990 and ranked it in my top 5. Does anyone here have a favorite?

Black and Mild when I can afford them.

...type is also important...I like robustos.

I threw away all my cigar boxes a couple years back...getting to be an expensive sport...and I don't smoke much anymore...

I do like Cubans (I have a well stocked humidor) but I think they are over rated...so I will say Tomas Hinds...I have to think back, maybe from Nicaragua or the canary islands ?

I only brought back a few from Cuba...I was surprised that the cigar plant I toured made 9 distinct brands depending on the type of tobacco used...

I had a exchange with an artist in residence for a university in Virginia trade me some of his custom made Churchills for Canadian candy bars....that is one long smoke..

the unlit kind....Dad used to smoke those cheap-*** Garcia Vega's, the ones in the plastic tubes. When he felt like splurging he would get the ones in metal tubes....he claimed they were a better cigar...

..when ever I smell pipe tobacco...esp borkum riff (cherry) or a decent cigar, I think of Dad....

dad was a banker after WWII and it was in a time you could smoke in the bank...the last place he served had really high ceiling but the walls only went up 10 foot...my dad never got upset and yelled at work but the staff said that they could gauge his mood by looking at how much smoke was coming over the wall...when he retired, they replaced him with 3 people...

I agree with Ink- the kind that NEVER gets lite!! I have asthma and the smell of a cigar makes me VERY sick.

I quit inhaling cigarettes 20yrs ago. Picked up cigars while playing golf. Now I smoke (not inhale) maybe 3 a day. I like Cubans, also, but as stated they are over rated. Dominicans are just as good in my opinion. I like Cohibas, La Gloria Cubana, Ashtons, Punch, Arturo Fuente, Bolivar, Romeo Y Julieta. Those can also be a little pricey. So I usually buy JR brand copies of those I mentioned. Smoke outside or in my shop. Not in the house. Spend lots of time in the shop. LOL

...long drives are also great for cigars..cannot get around the inhaling bit...smokes for too long..great list moparmitch :)

I am also told that they keep bugs away at camp fires :)

..when I had money, I used to go to the yearly cigar dinners..lots of fun...

Don't forget imperfects..they smoke just the same as the perfects..

I was talking to a woman in a bar last night, and she asked if I smoked after sex...

I told her, "I don't know, I've never looked...."

I tried a Partegas 10 once, because I have a friend who is a Rush Limbaugh nut and he said Rush said they were good. Worst POS I ever put in my mouth. If that's a good cigar, yall can have every damn one of them.

A colleague used to be an avid cigar smoker and claimed he didn't inhale. Eldon died of stomach cancer and it wasn't a pretty death. They eviscerated him and then gave him chemo and radiation. I suspect the carcinogens get trapped in the saliva and make their way to the stomach, but what do I know....... He regretted his habit in the end.

-
Back