Your First Car

-
the pic in my avatar was my first car....1974 Duster ... however it was a bit more green looking back then.... going on 21 years ...wait... sheesh that over half my life !!

-RPM

my first car was a 67 barracuda fastback 273 3 on the tree. bought it in 1978 sold it in 1981, bought it back in 2003. future resto project, all these years in ohio it is rusty!

The first car I ever owned was a 69 Dart, but the first car I ever drove was a 64 Barracuda, it was also a 4 spd.. I`m surprised how many kids there are now that can`t drive a manual shift car.

my first car is a 1964 barracuda 273 4spd car. it was donated to my high school auto shop in 1992 the engine was just a short block and was laying in the engine bay upside down (not that it matters i just remember that for some reason). i still have it and just recently got it running again after 13 years of it just sitting..

My first was a 1964 Dodge 880 Custom 4 door. It was a pretty unique car then and there are not many of them out there any more. It had a 318 and a pushbutton automatic which I thought was cool! My dad originally bought it in about 1970 or 1971 and it became mine about 4 years later when I was driving it on the way to work in slushy conditions and I steered around a corner but the bald front tires refused to follow. I hit a tree and nearly turned it upside down. The hood was buckled up and the fan went into the radiator. My dad told me if I could fix it, I could have it. I straightened the hood with the only body working tool I had, a 10 pound sledgehammer. Got the radiator repaired, diagnosed and repaired a broken fuel line and I was on the road!

<=== my 74 duster

got it last year of high school. broke down 2 months later the guy i bought it from did half assed job.

Well my first car was a 1975 Chevy Monza coupe with the 262 V8 and a 4 speed when I was 16. I bought it from my brother for 400 bucks. Man that was a cool little car.

John

My first car is a 1964 Dodge Dart 170 that i picked up for a whole Dollar!!
As i am only 16.

DSCN3062.jpg

DSCN3047.jpg

DSCN3041.jpg

2.jpg

My first car was a '64 Olds Cutlass. 330ci V8 with a 2-speed auto. Cool car as first cars always are.
What got me into Mopars was my 2nd car, a 6-month old '69 340 Swinger that I bought from a guy going into the Navy and his parents refused to keep the payments going for him. 'Charger' red, white stripe, 3.23 open rear, and already had Cragar S/S wheels on it. I knew I was going to buy it as soon as I saw it.
Wish I still had it. But it's the reason I'm building my 'new' '69 Dart now - gotta have my Mopar back!

49 Chevy Business coupe Early 60's hot rod-------
Till I lost my license for drag racing----------
My current 67 notch is my first mopar but I am now a fan!
Rat

My first car was a 72 Swinger in 97. Bought it at age 14. Paid $270 for it. I fixed it and drove it for a wile, when I was 18, it died and I was stupid and got rid of it. Thats a story for another day though.

SoCal, I bought a 71 scamp for $3. I miss being young sometimes. It was easier to get cars sometimes.

My first car was a 63 Plymouth Sport Fury Convertible. I got it in 67, sold it in 69 for $200. I found it down in Chicago a couple of years ago for sale. The guy wanted $14,000 and it needed a complete restoration.

...needless to say, I didn't buy it.

My highschool car back in '89 was a '64 Dodge Polara 500, 2dr HT, 383, buckets, console, floor shift, Poly turquois, white top. Paid $500 for her.

I miss that car. Sold it in '95(ish).

First car i owned & drove was a 53 Ford 2 dr, v-8 flathead with three on the tree. Put two 2bls on it but I don't think it made much difference.

My first was a 68 Ford Galaxie 500 ragtop. It had a 390-4 with a 3.08 traclok. was a great car. Since then, I've been as dyed in the wool a Mopar or Nocar guy as it gets. But I'll probbly always be a closet Ford guy.

My first car was a B5 blue/black top/black interior 1970 Plymouth GTX, 440-4bbl, fresh air hood, console pistol grip 4-speed, with a 4:10 Dana. I paid for that car by running a Des Moines Register Sunday paper route in southwest Iowa when I was a junior in High School. I paid a whopping $500.00 for it back in 1975.

By the time I graduated in 1976, I had that GTX, another 70 GTX 440-4bbl, column shift auto, a 68 GTX 440-4bbl, 4-speed, 3:54 Dana, a 68 Coronet 500, 383-4bbl, console auto...then I had a car I raced, a 69 Coronet R/T, 440-4bbl, hemi 4-speed, and a 4:10 Dana Trak-lok.

Our local Iowa Highway patrolman removed the plates from the 69 Coronet R/T after the state sent me a letter saying that the car was to no longer be operated on the streets and hi-ways of the state of Iowa.

Ahhhhhh.......good times!!!

My first car was a '63 Plymouth Savoy. Bought it in the fall of '67 For $495 it had 28k mi. on it. /6 push button auto.

-
Back