1” or 2” lift Espo springs

-
I have epso 6 leaf +1, it was to high had to lower 1” to get the rake I wanted. It’s still high it will settle over time. Not a good photo I got stuck in the wet grass could not back up to save my life. Tires just spinning. View attachment 1715670857
lol, been there done that. All the weight is on the front. Tried to go forward after sitting and being stuck, only made it worse.

they were only 5 leaf. bought the car from a friend so i know they were espo 5 leaf (got the receipt with the car). the slightest amount weight in the trunk or back seat and the car would sag.. couldn't figure out why (never really looked at the springs closely) until i pulled the springs because i didn't like how high it was and saw they were only 5 leaf. i have since put a set of stock height eaton 383 dart springs on it..
If i were to get the same +1 but 6 leaf so it wouldnt sag like you were talking about, would it still sit the same as your pic or does the extra leaf make it higher?

My car has Mancini Racing 2800lb springs, courtesy of the previous owner. I've owned the car for just over 17 years now.

DSCN0642.jpg

If i were to get the same +1 but 6 leaf so it wouldnt sag like you were talking about, would it still sit the same as your pic or does the extra leaf make it higher?

+1" is +1" no matter how many leafs are there.. the extra leaf just increases the rate.

Stock height springs on my 66. In fact they are 5 leaf and the originals were 6 leaf. They are Espo's and the second photo is 10 years after install. Yes I have 15" tires on it in that photo and in the first photo, 14's on the front and 15's on the rear.

Now, my 70 Swinger has stock springs with a leaf added by the previous owner. It added height but it does have a fairly harsh ride. Yes, I have 15" tires on the back as well. ( and 14's on the front) I would like to change them out with Espo 1" over's.

001b.JPG

10-18-19d.jpg

10-18-19c.jpg

001.jpg

052.JPG

+1 On my 67 notchback was way to high even with 245 60r14 tires. They did not settle over 4 years. I hated the car that way. Had a spring shop rework them. Much better now.

Now, my 70 Swinger has stock springs with a leaf added by the previous owner. It added height but it does have a fairly harsh ride. Yes, I have 15" tires on the back as well. ( and 14's on the front) I would like to change them out with Espo 1" over's.

View attachment 1715696828

Did you ever swap out your springs for ESPO 1" overs? I want this look but not looking for a harsh ride. Pairing them with Koni shocks.

I am torn between 3 ESPO options- 5 leaf plus 1", 6 leaf and 6 leaf plus 1"....

Did you ever swap out your springs for ESPO 1" overs? I want this look but not looking for a harsh ride. Pairing them with Koni shocks.

either way go 6 leaf. they will not be harsh.

I will. Here’s a shot with the stock six leaf 340 springs that are on there now.

IMG_3965.jpeg

Edit: I know the springs don’t look bad, but I’m getting ready to throw almost 600 hp at it.

I will. Here’s a shot with the stock six leaf 340 springs that are on there now.

View attachment 1716213898

Edit: I know the springs don’t look bad, but I’m getting ready to throw almost 600 hp at it.
that's about how I want my duster to sit....my 33 year old 5 leaf replacement springs have sagged a bit, and I'm rebuilding the front suspension with .92" tbars.....too bad you're so far away, I'd be interested in your stock 340 springs if shipping wasn't insane...

No, I never did. That's on my "someday list"

that's about how I want my duster to sit....my 33 year old 5 leaf replacement springs have sagged a bit, and I'm rebuilding the front suspension with .92" tbars.....too bad you're so far away, I'd be interested in your stock 340 springs if shipping wasn't insane...
PM sent

i don't get the high rear look? It will ruin your handling. And then if you raise the front it will remove caster making matters worse.
Listen Johnny Dart and go stock, it will look and handle better.

I have the ESPO HD340 6 leaf on my 71. This picture is about 1 year after install. They ride firm but not harsh at all like ABodyjoe said. I have 235/60r15 on 15x7 in rear with 215/70r14 14x5.5 front for reference.

Screenshot_20200218-203714_Gallery.jpg

20200111_132815.jpg

i don't get the high rear look? It will ruin your handling. And then if you raise the front it will remove caster making matters worse.
Listen Johnny Dart and go stock, it will look and handle better.
I don't think adding an inch gives you the "high rear look"? It was the look back in the day and some of us like a modern version of it without relying on air shocks or helper spring shocks.

-
Back