1.5 or 1.6 roller rockers.

-
for what its worth, I run these on my stealth headed 383. I spent last winter blueprinting the rockers and heads.
All is well at 6800 rpm.

Agree,you need billet rockers with better clearance to valve tips.
And spring retainers.

I have. 0.022 clearance between rocker arm body and the retainer. Is this not enough?

15044033043911888294925.jpg

I have. 0.022 clearance between rocker arm body and the retainer. Is this not enough?

View attachment 1715088606
You need clearance throughout the lift cycle. I rounded the nose a little. correct valve stem height is critical.
you need to get the geometry as close as possible. no more than 2.5 threads showing on adjuster and pushrod should be aligned

Take a look at the B3 racing link, he shows before and after geometry. The PRW is similar, if not the same.

You need clearance throughout the lift cycle. I rounded the nose a little. correct valve stem height is critical.
you need to get the geometry as close as possible. no more than 2.5 threads showing on adjuster and pushrod should be aligned

Thanks for that. I checked out that B3 site, lots of info. My brain hurts. Lol
I have have an adjustable pushrod and dial indicator, so I'm going to see what the travel is like.
My heads were prepared by an engine shop so I'll go back and double check them.

Wait wait wait. Why do those rockers look like they are guided? Meaning why does the rocker stick down below the valve? That isn't correct.

Also, if you need to move the rocker over, just file down the hold down. It ain't hard.

I just don't know why the rockers are guided.

Wait wait wait. Why do those rockers look like they are guided? Meaning why does the rocker stick down below the valve? That isn't correct.

Also, if you need to move the rocker over, just file down the hold down. It ain't hard.

Because they are indeed self aligning. Totally not necessary.

No offense here to the OP, but you will have enough in those after you finally get them right to afford the rockers you say are "not in your budget".

$1800 here for Harlan sharp or comp cams rockers. I just can't do it. Not at least for another 6 months anyway.

Went through the cycle at the instructed 0.014 valve lash.
This left me 6 threads below the rocker and 7 threads above the rocker (with the adjuster nut off) using a 9.250 pushrod.
The contact patch was surprisingly consistent near the centre of the valve stem. The angle of the pushrod was a bit off at full lift.
The gap between the rocker arm and the valve retainer was at 0.022 - 0.024 throughout its travel.

Thoughts....

DSC_0704.JPG

DSC_0705.JPG

Found B3 profile on here, but his inbox is full. Interested in this geometry correction kit he mentioned in his article.
Maybe this kit along with a slightly longer pushrod is what I need.
^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^

The best thing you can do is let Mike help you out. You'll be happy you did.

As for the rockers I'd use 1.6 every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Your cam is close to what I run on a 340 and I used 1.6 rockers so I could NET a bit over .600 lift.

If you have the piston to valve clearance and retainer to guide clearance take the lift. Lift is your friend.

Ain't that a kick in the pants? You never seen those afore? Yeah just let them slap around off the valve tip and guide themselves. The ones that showed up here actually contacted the retainer also. At least that doesn't appear to be a problem this time.

Found B3 profile on here, but his inbox is full. Interested in this geometry correction kit he mentioned in his article.
Maybe this kit along with a slightly longer pushrod is what I need.
Sorry, I didn't realize I could only have 15 messages. I guess email is a better option to reach me. Inbox is now empty.

Ain't that a kick in the pants? You never seen those afore? Yeah just let them slap around off the valve tip and guide themselves. The ones that showed up here actually contacted the retainer also. At least that doesn't appear to be a problem this time.

Honestly, I've never seen those for a Chrysler before. At least not a Chrysler with shaft rockers. For the life of me I can't think of why you'd even want it, let alone need it.

$1800 here for Harlan sharp or comp cams rockers. I just can't do it. Not at least for another 6 months anyway.

Went through the cycle at the instructed 0.014 valve lash.
This left me 6 threads below the rocker and 7 threads above the rocker (with the adjuster nut off) using a 9.250 pushrod.
The contact patch was surprisingly consistent near the centre of the valve stem. The angle of the pushrod was a bit off at full lift.
The gap between the rocker arm and the valve retainer was at 0.022 - 0.024 throughout its travel.

Thoughts....

View attachment 1715088632

View attachment 1715088633

Your pushrods are way too short. The rockers will be fine if you correct the geometry. Your best bet is either to email or call Mike at B3 and follow his advice to the letter. If you do, you won't have any issues with almost any rocker you run. The problem isn't always with the rocker itself, but with getting the geometry correct.

BTW, I don't run anything but bushed rockers. Had some needle bearing rockers fail. Never had a bushed rocker fail, not even with 340-350 on the seat and 900 over the nose.

Yep. Here is a picture of those rocker arms on a beehive spring. This type of setup will destroy an engine almost instantly! I'm not sure what the guy who designed those rocker arms was thinking about when he came up with that design but it was wrong. I told PRW about this design problem at least 10 years ago but evidently they never bothered to fix it.

DSC_6264 (Large).JPG

Yes Sir, I noticed the lack of clearance on the nose and corrected it. If you don't, the nose will pop a keeper out.
I researched these rockers before I bought them, I knew what to look for. Oil hole alignment on the shafts was less than desirable.

Yep. Here is a picture of those rocker arms on a beehive spring. This type of setup will destroy an engine almost instantly! I'm not sure what the guy who designed those rocker arms was thinking about when he came up with that design but it was wrong. I told PRW about this design problem at least 10 years ago but evidently they never bothered to fix it.

View attachment 1715088738
That isn't a PRW design, it's a Speedmaster aka ProComp design. With enough tip height, they can work, but why do that when it isn't needed. This isn' t the only Mopar specific part that isn't properly designed, though.

Save your pennies ( or whatever your money is called) and get the right stuff the first time. Sell your old parts to someone else. Remember this saying " the quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten."

View attachment 1715088738

My PRW rockers don't look like that.

Seems the engineer that drew that design hit the hippie lettuce pretty hard.

My PRW rockers don't look like that.

Seems the engineer that drew that design hit the hippie lettuce pretty hard.
But they are made at the same factory, just a different part of the building, the early production stage. lol
I wonder, is comp pro mags just down the hall.

these are small block....prw and speedmaster....look alot alike

20170216_144720_resized_1.jpg

20170216_144802_resized.jpg

20170216_144743_resized.jpg

-
Back