10 sec 340/360 stock stroke combo's please

-

Sb Valiant

Reaction score
If some of our FABO members don't mind I would like to see what kind of combination racers are running with a stock stroke to achieve 10 sec time slips. Thanks !

If anyone want's to add any small block stroker combos that are 9 sec it would be cool to hear them
also. Like W2, W5, Brodix B1, Eddy heads, ect. If anyone has any pics that would be more then
awesome ! Thanks guys !

Pump gas, factory iron head, factory crank, factory block 340 N/A. It went quicker in better air, this was the first 9 sec. pass.

Rod

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUqBDDtKYkk"]9 second 340 Barracuda - YouTube[/ame]

hi, just about any legal stock eliminator 1971 340 duster will run high 10 sec times. they run
E/SA and D/SA. even a few 1972 340 lc 340's will run high 10 sec times , usually at F /SA weight. all are required to run the stock stroke crank, stock heads, cast intake and carb, stock comp ratio, stock lift cam, also on 9 " tires. just food for thought

****,you're back!....(lol.).
11:30's ,needed more tuning. 72 Dart: 4:57's/Coan 5000 stall/727..Engine 11:7 comp,252/260 solid roller/Rpm's worked(this is 2000...),got almost 300 hand ported. Idiot as a driver......

Yea, on a limited basis.

hi, just about any legal stock eliminator 1971 340 duster will run high 10 sec times. they run
E/SA and D/SA. even a few 1972 340 lc 340's will run high 10 sec times , usually at F /SA weight. all are required to run the stock stroke crank, stock heads, cast intake and carb, stock comp ratio, stock lift cam, also on 9 " tires. just food for thought

The combo required may not exactly be street friendly as compared to other builds that will use other aftermarket parts.

Didn't see streetability mentioned in any of his posts?

And what is the point of a forum if all that is going to happen is re-posting of old threads (which by the way, there are hardly ANY stock stroke combos in that thread...I know because I have looked).

To the OP, check out this topic on moparts, there are a few threads on it there...hopefully some others chime in here...Getting it done with stock inches is badass!

Didn't see streetability mentioned in any of his posts?

SO? Then we should just throw any big crammed 15-1 combo at him?

And what is the point of a forum if all that is going to happen is re-posting of old threads (which by the way, there are hardly ANY stock stroke combos in that thread...I know because I have looked).

Glad ya looked. Do you have a 10'sec. Combo you'd like to share or are you just gonna post complaints? If you post a combo, it adds to the forum making it better, if you link a thread to another forum, IMO, that is Ok but doesn't help the forum greatly, if you just complain and poke at the issue, you have done nothing or worse. Made the forum a weaker forum and down graded it.

I'd rather post a old combo from the DC manual than post what you did. I at least pointed the poster to a thread that may help here at this forum.

To the OP, check out this topic on moparts, there are a few threads on it there...hopefully some others chime in here...Getting it done with stock inches is badass!

Good advice in looking around. Could you post a link to one?

SO? Then we should just throw any big crammed 15-1 combo at him?

Glad ya looked. Do you have a 10'sec. Combo you'd like to share or are you just gonna post complaints? If you post a combo, it adds to the forum making it better, if you link a thread to another forum, IMO, that is Ok but doesn't help the forum greatly, if you just complain and poke at the issue, you have done nothing or worse. Made the forum a weaker forum and down graded it.

I'd rather post a old combo from the DC manual than post what you did. I at least pointed the poster to a thread that may help here at this forum.

Good advice in looking around. Could you post a link to one?

What is wrong with 15:1 compression? or power adders? or big cams? or whatever! He didn't specify, so why is it assumed pump gas or street car??????? Just wondering....

Yea, your post was really helpful...just like all the other posts you make telling people to "search first"...I didn't bother linking any other threads because in my opinion what grows a forum is people posting new stuff, as in another thread that might have people's combos that they have never posted before for whatever reason. There is always a new combo getting it done, so why revert back to the same thread over and over all the time? I looked through that thread a LONG time ago and remember vividly there hardly being any stock stroke combos- so I posted a NEW THREAD (Uh oh, guess I should have searched first lol) on a different forum (where I wouldn't have people say as so often as over "search first") and I got a lot of responses that I never had seen when I searched old threads....thus my point.

I'd rather post what I did originally then post what you did...even if I don't have a combo to post, I atleast bumped it to the top by replying....hows that :cheers:

If some of our FABO members don't mind I would like to see what kind of combination racers are running with a stock stroke to achieve 10 sec time slips. Thanks !

You might want to drop 7172duster a PM. I believe he and his son ran what you are looking for for a few years.

Jack

Good and with merit.

What is wrong with 15:1 compression? or power adders? or big cams? or whatever! He didn't specify, so why is it assumed pump gas or street car??????? Just wondering....

Yea, your post was really helpful...just like all the other posts you make telling people to "search first"...I didn't bother linking any other threads because in my opinion what grows a forum is people posting new stuff, as in another thread that might have people's combos that they have never posted before for whatever reason. There is always a new combo getting it done, so why revert back to the same thread over and over all the time? I looked through that thread a LONG time ago and remember vividly there hardly being any stock stroke combos- so I posted a NEW THREAD (Uh oh, guess I should have searched first lol) on a different forum (where I wouldn't have people say as so often as over "search first") and I got a lot of responses that I never had seen when I searched old threads....thus my point.

I'd rather post what I did originally then post what you did...even if I don't have a combo to post, I atleast bumped it to the top by replying....hows that :cheers:

Build something for 480-500hp.

In a 3200# car that's capable of running 10's if, IF IF the chassis/converter are up to the task.

There are a ton of 10 second engines in 12-13 second chassis'.

...and 10 sec cars driven by a 14 sec driver. ;) I kid I kid...

You're spot on though-good friend of mine (Matt) sold a 6.6 sec (1/8 mile) engine/trans combo to another friend of ours (Kyle) with a heavier platform; times slipped to 8.40s with the Kyle driving, 7.90s with Matt driving.

...and 10 sec cars driven by a 14 sec driver. ;) I kid I kid...

You're spot on though-good friend of mine (Matt) sold a 6.6 sec (1/8 mile) engine/trans combo to another friend of ours (Kyle) with a heavier platform; times slipped to 8.40s with the Kyle driving, 7.90s with Matt driving.

Even a 12 second car,needs some engineering. It takes a learning curve,some humility & and a open ear to learn. You can buy ,quick street car,have you learned how to tune & maintain?.

Build something for 480-500hp.

In a 3200# car that's capable of running 10's if, IF IF the chassis/converter are up to the task.

Quoted for the truth......with a side note.

Its also amazing how a high 10 second car will turn in to a low-mid 11 second car when going from a low elevation well prepped track to a high elevation poorly prepped track. Depending where one races it can require more HP to get the job done than seems necessary.
Sometimes this part of the equation doesn't get considered.

Absolutely - DA/Altitude is an ET killer. :cheers:

Top Gun, LV and Sacto/Bako are VERY different

Top Gun, LV and Sacto/Bako are VERY different

right now.....

LV density altitude = 4745.83 ft
Sacto. density altitude = 1220.91 ft
Sonoma density altitude = 642.12 ft
Bakersfield...density altitude = 2659.48 ft

Now you see why I have where the ET was run listed .....

I'd be lost for a bit since life at sea level is what I'm used to.
I forget what E-towns elevation is. But the tuning or retuning isn't to bad.

Yes indeed. When I moved from Colorado to Indiana, my car picked up over a second of ET. The DA at Bandimere Speedway in Colorado was over 9500' a lot of the summer, the DA at Lucas Oil Raceway is around 3000' in the summer.

I've seen a full street trim (full interior and pipes, no cage) valiant charger run 10.5 with a stock stroke 360 with W2's and a solid flat tappet cam on pump fuel.

I wish i could provide more specific information, but it does go to show that you don't strictly "need" a stroker and roller cam to go fast.

-
Back