10 Things Muscle Car Owners Will Never Tell You

-
Sounds like it’s written for the new generation of readers of GQ or whatever else the youngsters are reading online these days. Written by someone I’m sure that has years or tearing out rear-ends, rebuilding carbs, setting points, yanking a transmission, you name it. Not. Just the next wave of clammy handed readership and writers rehashing and trying to be “fresh”:rolleyes:

Time waste article for advertising hits. I'm surprised it wasn't a slide show with multiple back stories, digressions and some sort of make believe drama only to be told its a story and made of for entertainment purposes.

Plus there were too many pictures of Cameros and GTO's. A few Aussie Mopars that I'm sure the writer was unaware of.

Last edited:
Some of that might be true but so what; muscle car owners don't build them to be cookie-cutter hi-end luxo-cars. There is a gal for every guy, and a guy for every gal, even the ugly ones.
As for reliability that is just so much trash talk.

"tiny cargo spaces" LOL My little dart was basically a compact car as far as american cars went in the era and the trunk might have more cubic feet of space than most Kias have in their whole interior
This kid was probably yelled at by his dad for not holding the flashlight correctly when their ford was broken down on the side of the road

Took me about 5 seconds to scan down "the first foot" of that ridiculous webpage..........

I didn't get very far reading this before I just started scanning the rest of it. It's pretty obvious this was written by some cretin jack-wad with no clue about muscle cars. Give this one an L for Loser.

Cheap and dated interiors? WTF!!! What they designed was cutting edge 50 years ago. Of course it's going to look dated 50 years later. You cant compare that to todays manufacturing. Richard Sias the father of the 68 charger worked hard to ensure the interior was as good as the exterior in that car. This dude needs a smack in the head.

Last edited:
I jump in our '77 Van and go anyplace I please, far and wide without a thought. Wait!!! That's not a muscle car, never mind :(

Skimmed it till I got to number one. Specific output. Compares a hellcat unfavorably to ........ a $625,000 Ferrari. Well duh. I bet I can make that hellcat a bit faster with a half million dollars.
Also compared to a Fiesta (wtf!) with 138 hp making more specific output
So, asshole, you've got a Fiesta with output, I've got 700 hp. I win.

Now boys, everyone is entitled to their opinion.:mob:
It surely was written by a millennial.:realcrazy:
And I believe he is european . Not that there is anything wrong with that.

The few things that were true applied to all cars of the era, not just muscle cars. Cars are made better these days, its a fact. Its also why they can cost as much as a house. Yes they require more maintenance but so did grandma's ford granada.

Sounds like it’s written for the new generation of readers of GQ or whatever else the youngsters are reading online these days. Written by someone I’m sure that has years or tearing out rear-ends, rebuilding carbs, setting points, yanking a transmission, you name it. Not. Just the next wave of clammy handed readership and writers rehashing and trying to be “fresh”:rolleyes:

I drove old iron from 1986-1991. The only time I was left on the side of the road was stupidity. They were all ultra reliable..... I cringe to say this but if I had to run a race based on extreme reliability give me points. I can fix that in a parking lot.... A damaged ECM, not so much.... And I am a modern car guy.. Bad writing.

JW

Yawn

77e8c3855e562b35467a6bbcd6a559c5.jpg

-
Back