10's on $5,000 ?

-
Turbo ? I guess NA is off the table now ?

I think there could be one heck of a lot of weight loss on that truck and actually probably end up pretty damn light..
the entire rear box except for the outer side skins the front skin and the outer back skin of the tailgate. If you even run a tailgate and not sell that as well..
You could do lexen windows except for the front windshield wich would be too expensive.. put $35 plastic race buckets in there and get that big *** heavy bench out of there.. maybe there's a lot of stuff you can sell out of the dash which I would take that and the heater box completely out and put a plate over the heater hole.. completely got the doors and take the inner metal off of everything.. and to start I would take the entire front clip off and of course the inner fender Wells and cut a lot of the metal on the fenders off as well as some of the core support if that's even needed..
also having the front clip off would make everything completely easy to get the motor completely ready and then just tacked the fenders on and the grill.. also I got the hood and just use the outer skin with a couple braces if you even need it...
If I'm not mistaking the roof is double-walled as well and the inner wall could be removed... probably end up weighing less than your duster LOL..

no need to disagree j par I was just asking question ? lol
New floor boards on a race truck ? scrap metal or fiberglass mat would be just fine for a stripped race truck
There's always a need to disagree! LOL you like to stir the pot and don't get mad if I do! Well I agree that if it said race car just slapping anything in there can work but for $24 each for crying out loud that's nothing for a nice-looking Factory floorboard in there.. he probably spend more and it would weigh more than a gallon of fiberglass...and remember it's just thin offshore metal it's not going to weigh a lot...

To me nitrous just kind of make sense sometimes as my car has way more than enough power for the street and the two or three times I take it down to the track and I really want to lay it down there's only going to cost me a couple hundred dollars a nitrous... I mean do I really take more than five or six passes three or four times a year?... And I don't even need the nitrous for that...

I don't know how you guys didn't see this coming! LOL.
I get Speedmaster heads then someone else gets them...:rolleyes:
I get dual quads and someone else gets them...:rolleyes:
I get a D100 and someone else gets one:rolleyes:...
:poke:...:popcorn:...

Before he gets back online I got to wager ten bucks that I'll get it disagree on that one^^^^...lol...

Turbo ? I guess NA is off the table now ?

Ya that changed fast too didn’t it. You need one of those Speedmaster NOS plates. Lot easier than a turbo if you can’t hang NA.
wow ya'll been busy!!! LOL. Look, I'm having so many things thrown out here I'm just responding to them like a catcher :D . I won't use NOS. Why does this even keep getting brought up??? Unlikely a turbo, but turbo is used all the time in factory equipment, including Mother Mopar giving a big dose in the '80's.

I don't know how you guys didn't see this coming! LOL.
I get Speedmaster heads then someone else gets them...:rolleyes:
I get dual quads and someone else gets them...:rolleyes:
I get a D100 and someone else gets one:rolleyes:...
:poke:...:popcorn:...
I cannot disagree...… because as Ironic as this is, what you posted is true :)

Ok, here is the skinny on our approach. My son wants to start with it as it is. Wants to see where we start and where we finish. This means I tune up the 318 and we make a pass. Then we go to work. But that means time.... give us time

I think there could be one heck of a lot of weight loss on that truck and actually probably end up pretty damn light..
the entire rear box except for the outer side skins the front skin and the outer back skin of the tailgate. If you even run a tailgate and not sell that as well..
You could do lexen windows except for the front windshield wich would be too expensive.. put $35 plastic race buckets in there and get that big *** heavy bench out of there.. maybe there's a lot of stuff you can sell out of the dash which I would take that and the heater box completely out and put a plate over the heater hole.. completely got the doors and take the inner metal off of everything.. and to start I would take the entire front clip off and of course the inner fender Wells and cut a lot of the metal on the fenders off as well as some of the core support if that's even needed..
also having the front clip off would make everything completely easy to get the motor completely ready and then just tacked the fenders on and the grill.. also I got the hood and just use the outer skin with a couple braces if you even need it...
If I'm not mistaking the roof is double-walled as well and the inner wall could be removed... probably end up weighing less than your duster LOL..
yes, it will get a weight program for sure. you offered some in-depth stuff in this post for weight reduction :)

What, with one of your 600 horse 440. :thumbsup:
After all the pot stirring that you do I have to remind myself of which car you have which I can never remember and which time slip do you have which again can't remember... Just pots touring with no substance I guess it makes it easy when that's all that's going on...

After all the pot stirring that you do I have to remind myself of which car you have which I can never remember and which time slip do you have which again can't remember... Just pots touring with no substance I guess it makes it easy when that's all that's going on...
I guess you haven't figured why someone is going to buy 6 steaks .LOL
We figure it's about a 6 hour drive.. lol But were hoping to see you at Kent or Boise
Maybe Barbie will be there. lol

We figure it's about a 6 hour drive.. lol But were hoping to see you at Kent or Boise
so I've got to travel the six hours to see the person with no picture of their car no time slip and not even in description? How about if you make the 6-hour trip to Woodburn or PIR for the car that you know so well...????..

as a matter of fact when I think about it I can't even think of one thread that you started about your car about anything you fixed on your car or done with your car? I do remember quite a few comments about everybody else's that you've made...

2004 was the last time my car was on the west side. Ran at pacific in event Dave Smith Motors put on, all Mopar event.
my son is bringing the car back up from Phoenix this summer for a few weeks.

2004 was the last time my car was on the west side. Ran at pacific in event Dave Smith Motors put on, all Mopar event.
my son is bringing the car back up from Phoenix this summer for a few weeks.
Good Lord that's even longer than yellow rose talks about!....

I have my fastback in the avatar in my shop. That's my original high school car. the one I'm returning to it's original turquoise color.

Good Lord that's even longer than yellow rose talks about!....

Yup...I think 2007 was the last time I made any passes in my car. Could have been 2008 but I doubt it, as I moved in February of that year. I may have made some passes on it that spring. My wife says she has seen me make some runs in it, but what does she know? She married me so that's 2 strikes against her right there.

JPar hitting it dead on with the plan in post #727 (Damned if I don’t know how we haven’t talked this into existence yet). The entire dash assembly is worth $$$ and has nothing to do with making the truck go from a to b. Cut out the sheet metal flooring in the cab but leave the bracing and form and rivet 14 gauge aluminum back in. The skins of a newer bed with cables and turnbuckles ala the pro stock “wire cars” along with some Alston fender wells, the battery, and a fuel cell are all that needs to be in the back. The downside is even when you can make it hook up, it is going to have some scary handling on the big end with no weight in the rear. A rear wing is probably going to be in order. I would even consider going a little Baja and putting the radiator in the back, too.

-
Back