10's on $5,000 ?

-
Does an 80 2wd truck have lean burn and a lock up converter?
Catalytic converter?
it didn't have lean burn. doubt lock up from my experience. Cat, would have come with one.

Just for the say'n, I bought the truck only so far. The parts I've already had that I will most likely end up using, like the SM heads, aren't against the budget until I use them against the budget. I think the budget would allow for a small block stroker at this point. Just looking at every avenue within the budget - both small and big block.
  • 318 with 4" crank = 390 C.I., SM heads, etc :realcrazy:
  • 360 block with 4" crank?
Add this one to the list of things we seen coming...:rolleyes:...

But inside every small block guy is a big block or Hemi guy just waiting to get out!

It’s 10’s for $5k....... with his own restriction of no “naws”.

The way I see it......anything else is on the table.

SB stroker, used g3, 440..... whatever....... it’s all good.

He’s got $3700 left.

It’s 10’s for $5k....... with his own restriction of no “naws”.

The way I see it......anything else is on the table.

SB stroker, used g3, 440..... whatever....... it’s all good.

He’s got $3700 left.
exactly. The other restriction besides the "no naws" is it will be street.

Do cosmetics count against the budget? Rocker panels are 54.95 for the pair and I'll get the same floor pans as Jpar did for 24 bucks. To me, this isn't needed to get the truck on the road, or race, nor will it add any performance. Decals and stuff that don't put it on the road or add performance shouldn't count against the budget....

I would view that cosmetics do not count against the budget but anything that that has to be changed due to a safety standpoint (major frame rot or roadway visible through floorboard) that was a known issue during the purchase of the vehicle would have to come out of the budget.

I would view that cosmetics do not count against the budget but anything that that has to be changed due to a safety standpoint (major frame rot or roadway visible through floorboard) that was a known issue during the purchase of the vehicle would have to come out of the budget.
yeah, kind of what I was thinking. If it needs it to get on the road, track, or if it adds performance, it goes against the budget. But if they want to buy decals or patch a non-factor rust spot, then that's just cosmetics and not needed for the project, so won't be taken from the budget

Well I'm not going to slap you with the big disagree button but I disagree...
See tell the wife you're taking 5K out to do a project 5K is what you get...
If you're trying to say you can do this or that for 5K, 5K is what you get period...
my opinion at totally counts against the budget or you should have got something else.... My-2...

Well I'm not going to slap you with the big disagree button but I disagree...
See tell the wife you're taking 5K out to do a project 5K is what you get...
If you're trying to say you can do this or that for 5K, 5K is what you get period...
my opinion at totally counts against the budget or you should have got something else.... My-2...

TENS for 5K period...
Anything less is a bust....
Ok, so lets play. Lets say I go 10.99 for 4999.99. Anyone can follow every step I did and will be documented and they too can go 10.99 for 5k, providing they can tune. What difference does a decal or rocker panel mean to their project? nothing, because it doesn't change a thing in going 10.99 for 5k

In typical 318 will not do 10s fashion...
The story is changing...
Now it maybe 11:5(which I agree is respectable but definitely not the original goal) now the budget is widening in the hidden parameters..
Another repeat of 13.2 to10.5...

Ok, so lets play. Lets say I go 10.99 for 4999.99. Anyone can follow every step I did and will be documented and they too can go 10.99 for 5k, providing they can tune. What difference does a decal or rocker panel mean to their project? nothing, because it doesn't change a thing in going 10.99 for 5k
okay now I have to slap you with the big disagree button and you always get me into these discussions just before I'm leaving for work dammit! LOL you have 5K to do 10 seconds end of story...
Then put your floorboards and your rocker panels in after you do 1099....

Quit trying to figure out ways to spend money and send for parts and get that thing going...

Quit trying to figure out ways to spend money and send for parts and get that thing going...
they haven't delivered it yet. end of this week. Also, I haven't a clue what we'll run because I haven't a clue what I'll find to run in it.

Like the title says 10's on 5K...
End of story...
Either show us how it's done or don't..
If you jumped on the wrong vehicle to quick like many have said and bought something that was too rusty that's on you and your budget...

this may be tough for you to get also, but we are going to take spare parts I have and build the 318 a little just to have fun in the mean time. That won't count against the budget. We are going to be looking and building the "motor" for the 10's for 5k throughout the year and may not even make it in the truck this year.

If you jumped on the wrong vehicle to quick like many have said and bought something that was too rusty that's on you and your budget...
have no regrets on buying the truck, whether I bought it this week or in June :)
:thumbsup:

this may be tough for you to get also, but we are going to take spare parts I have and build the 318 a little just to have fun in the mean time. That won't count against the budget. We are going to be looking and building the "motor" for the 10's for 5k throughout the year and may not even make it in the truck this year.

I think this is the third time I've said this...
Like we didn't see this coming...:rolleyes:..:D...

have no regrets on buying the truck, whether I bought it this week or in June :)
:thumbsup:
oh I didn't suggest you had any regrets I'm just saying it counts against the budget if it's the vehicle you're trying to do well as you originally titled this thread...

I think this is the third time I've said this...
Like we didn't see this coming...:rolleyes:..:D...
You've lost me, honestly.
  • Tell me where I said this would be done by a certain date?
  • tell me where i said i was going to shove it in the woods till the motor is ready?
  • if i haul a 3 wheeler in it does that count against the budget too??? LOL

oh I didn't suggest you had any regrets I'm just saying it counts against the budget if it's the vehicle you're trying to do well as you originally titled this thread...
Maybe I'll shock the tar out of you and I have a 2600 lbs Duster I'm secretly working on, and maybe I'm just entertaining you with a truck :D :poke:

-
Back