10's on $5,000 ?

-
Maybe I'll shock the tar out of you and I have a 2600 lbs Duster I'm secretly working on, and maybe I'm just entertaining you with a truck :D :poke:
Maybe. It would be 1st though, like j par, you like to post everything for the whole wide world to see.
But maybe you do have a secret.
You bought a truck, so what ! who say's it has to be this truck in the 5k budget.
You still can build a capable engine and drop it in a 500 dollar car.
This could actually take years if you like, you have no time table.

You bought a truck, so what ! who say's it has to be this truck in the 5k budget.
bingo! ^^^^

And as far as secrets, I might have a few, but you wouldn't know because they've been kept a secret :D But, if everybody held everything a secret like you, well, lets just shut the site down now :D :poke:
:lol:

Last edited:
April 11th our drag way opens for TnT. We plan to make a pass in the truck current weight/318 2bbl form. My son wants to see where we started, and how much we knock off. :)

The info you get out of the 318 is what is referred to as “garbage info”. It helps zero towards your final goal. It will run a 16-18 second quarter mile. Lol.

The info you get out of the 318 is what is referred to as “garbage info”. It helps zero towards your final goal. It will run a 16-18 second quarter mile. Lol.
we know and understand that. But.... they want to say "we started at 17.85 and dropped it down to a 10.99" :D
P.S. - I'll be shocked if the 318 2bbl pulls 16's in the full weight truck.

Another thing, it might be garbage info, but not garbage time. Truck needs road time, it needs to pass tech, and the kids need seat time. They've only raced todays cars. Big difference.

You've lost me, honestly.
  • Tell me where I said this would be done by a certain date?
  • tell me where i said i was going to shove it in the woods till the motor is ready?
  • if i haul a 3 wheeler in it does that count against the budget too??? LOL
. Tell me where I said you had to have it done by a certain date??..
. Tell me where I said you had to shove it in the woods till it was ready???...
. Tell me what hauling a three wheeler has to do with the price of tea in China!????... :realcrazy:
don't tell me you're back up to your old tricks of making up reasoning for your own wacko story..
The ever-changing story....

. Tell me where I said you had to have it done by a certain date??..
. Tell me where I said you had to shove it in the woods till it was ready???...
. Tell me what hauling a three wheeler has to do with the price of tea in China!????... :realcrazy:
don't tell me you're back up to your old tricks of making up reasoning for your own wacko story..
The ever-changing story....
That is why is said you lost me...

Maybe. It would be 1st though, like j par, you like to post everything for the whole wide world to see.
But maybe you do have a secret.
I don't post everything for the whole wide world to see, if I did you would be ashamed of what you see when you take a shower....lol...:poke:..
I think you should start your own car Forum where nobody post nothing about their cars...:realcrazy:..

well, 10 short weeks till the drag way opens. Soon as it's delivered, we'll get to work on getting it running again, timed and tuned, and looking over the brakes, etc. I know I said I was going to run the Van first, but maybe we'll follow each other down and run 'em both! :)

17C9AF2B-8C90-4C50-9988-31B6814EB96F.jpeg

Heck this is better than GYC's. ( for those uninformed that stands for Grave Yard Cars= tv car thing). lol

Wait, any drama at all is better than GYC!!!! lol again!!

I like starting with a base! But then again, Ilke watching him work and spend his $$!! ha

My thoughts are...... playing with cars/trucks and going to the track is all about fun.

If 318will wants to run the truck as is to get a baseline...... if you’ll have fun doing it...... I say go for it.

My thoughts are...... playing with cars/trucks and going to the track is all about fun.

If 318will wants to run the truck as is to get a baseline...... if you’ll have fun doing it...... I say go for it.
Exactly

I used headers on my last BB 2wd truck and they fit like a glove, but I have no idea what brand they were..... :realcrazy: Everything I'm finding is for W and not D trucks.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-68-78-Dodge-Ramcharger-W-series-361-440-V8-S-Steel-Long-Tube-Exhaust-Header/362811599496?_trkparms=aid=555021&algo=PL.SIMRVI&ao=1&asc=20190711100440&meid=6b58217408b54bf8b99e216e1a80f7e9&pid=100752&rk=1&rkt=11&mehot=pf&sd=124071739824&itm=362811599496&pmt=1&noa=0&pg=2047675&_trksid=p2047675.c100752.m1982
some say they work, but just need to add 1/4 inch spacer on drivers side mount

I've read on some of the truck forums that the CPPA/TTI B&E body headers work with only a little grinding on the left side of the frame for the number seven tube. There are also some interference issues between four wheel drives vs two wheel drive trucks because the tire sits a little farther back, more inboard, and closer to the fender in a two wheel drive. The A body fender wells are reported to work with some massaging on a two wheel drive but still have some clearance issues. I think a set of elephant ear mounts may be useful for more conventional headers just to get the standard mounts out of the way. I wouldn't run anything smaller than a 1-3/4 primary tube, the other people that are using the welded header, B&E body, and fenderwell sets are doing it because they need the larger 1-7/8 or 2 inch tube sizes.

-
Back