10's on $5,000 ?

-
A 10 sec pass really is not a challenge. Doing it from scratch with 5 grand is well...…………………. lol
5000 don't go as far as it did 40 years ago. lol
EXACTLY! SPOT ON! Throwing in the fact that I have to buy the car as part of the 5 grand makes this tough. But this stuff is a blast to me. Always has been.....

Ya but the parts available make it so much easier. I went 9.80’s with stock blocks, stock cranks, TRW super heavyweight pistons, stock rods, and 906 heads. We had no forums, no YouTube, no internet to hope on and ask questions. I wasn’t always easy.

BUT, if you just have to go fast cheap I know where some used nitrous parts are complete with roadkill stickers lol, just sayin :D:D:D

A 10 sec pass really is not a challenge. Doing it from scratch with 5 grand is well...…………………. lol
5000 don't go as far as it did 40 years ago. lol
It’s still possible but the options are severely limited with what car can be used to do it with. The driving it back and forth to the track deal is going to be the biggest enemy to the budget.

Im putting an explorer 8.8 in my wifes 79 aspen. Narrowing is actually really easy and can be done by your average guy with a welder. Only additional parts needed is another passenger side axle. There are multiple how to videos on youtube.

Also if looking for decently clean and cheap FMJ check in the columbus ohio area. Im just north of cbus and i find tons of them for sale on Facebook market place all the time for under 1k.

Good luck with the build, i love junkyard budget builds!

you are right, I always try to run TnT. But sometimes they make me run Trophy. The reason I want a cheap car is so that I can gut till my hearts content with zero guilt. :)
Oh, I'd like to see your Duster go fast actually too... LOL :D
My duster has went fast and still does go fast... What are you talkin about..:realcrazy:.. because my car was two or three tenths slower than the Wallace calculator said it should go LOL... This is real life baby.. not a computer-generated image.. you always talk about going fast.... But...
What do you have to feel guilty about? It's not like you got numbers matching 340 4 speed Dusters or anyting... I gutted mine down to my heart's content and built it right back up no big deal.. when I wanted to gut my doors which I still have them I just bought replacement doors before I did anything.. and when I wanted to have regular doors with roll down Windows I just put them on... 5 bolts each...
Like I said I'm just watching so go ahead and buy some eyesore beater and dump all your money and good parts into it...
Ain't my money I'll just watch... And just remember no mopar that you own is as fast as mine...:thumbsup:..:D...
Of course that could change one day but I don't think it's going to happen soon...

If you wanted to run boost, I have 12 used air blowers to donate to the cause. lol :D

Lets get a parts list going. I will start, 500 for sticky tires.

50 bucks for fuel to pick up the rest from jaba. could he part with the caged Duster in the barn.

My duster has went fast and still does go fast... What are you talkin about..:realcrazy:.. because my car was two or three tenths slower than the Wallace calculator said it should go LOL... This is real life baby.. not a computer-generated image.. you always talk about going fast.... But...
What do you have to feel guilty about? It's not like you got numbers matching 340 4 speed Dusters or anyting... I gutted mine down to my heart's content and built it right back up no big deal.. when I wanted to gut my doors which I still have them I just bought replacement doors before I did anything.. and when I wanted to have regular doors with roll down Windows I just put them on... 5 bolts each...
Like I said I'm just watching so go ahead and buy some eyesore beater and dump all your money and good parts into it...
Ain't my money I'll just watch... And just remember no mopar that you own is as fast as mine...:thumbsup:..:D...
Of course that could change one day but I don't think it's going to happen soon...
Huh ?? :realcrazy:

Also I'm sure this isn't $5,000 budget and everybody help out with cheap or free parts and parts he already has..
I think he wants to look at it as if anybody had $5,000 they could make a 10 second car following his formula...

Yes 500 or more if he needs to get the sticky mickeys... But if he got the nitto 555's he could be just a little over $300... Ask me how I know...
I bought my sticky mickeys for 400 to my door. consistent 1.8's with a open 2.94 rear end - not a chirp

I've got a jump on parts.... not listing them because I don't want it to turn into a "parts list debate".
:thumbsup:
exactly what should we talk about at this point you have no idea what car you're going to get or if it will take till June or July to get it so where do we start the conversation? Not with the parts it's going to take with this not bought yet don't know what it's going to be car?...

I've got a jump on parts.... not listing them because I don't want it to turn into a "parts list debate".
:thumbsup:
No debate from me. a suggestion , but no debate. I'd be in jaba's barn right now loading up a Duster and some big block parts. lol
PS. Don't tell jaba I'm in his barn. lol

Also I'm sure this isn't $5,000 budget and everybody help out with cheap or free parts and parts he already has..
I think he wants to look at it as if anybody had $5,000 they could make a 10 second car following his formula...
This is true, but like anyone and everybody, I'll take every good deal that I come across. IF somebody on this site has a solid diplomat that's a driver for 600 and it's a couple hours away, I just might be on my way !

No debate from me. a suggestion , but no debate. I'd be in jaba's barn right now loading up a Duster and some big block parts. lol
yeah...….. I'd take his Duster with a cage in a heartbeat... he ain't selling. And the price would blow this budget anyways.

at this point whatever the conversation is you got to be happy you have nine pages in to a fictitious car that may never exist...
:thumbsup:...
This is way better than the racing Vans episode that went nowhere....:D..

I'm fine with ya'll suggesting, and I may very well take some of these suggestions. And whoever wants to debate amongst themselves I'll watch. (I hope they keep it fun and friendly)

-
Back