10's on $5,000 ?

-
Heres one for ya. Get the truck and trailer.

Screenshot_20200121-104113.png

DOWN AND DIRTY...:mob:...:popcorn:..
please :rolleyes:..... I stopped with the thread 13.3 - 11.8's because people were fighting, putting each other on ignore, mothers were involved.... totally deflated the fun of the thread. That project is still going on, but I'm only going to post the results.

The car or vehicle price and getting it ready will be the big huckleberry in keeping this under 5000.00. A good convertor 4400 stall plus is another. At this point I’m going to wish you Goodluck and follow this post only as I’ve already offended the power adder guys. If you need help finding anything pm me. I love following posts seeing what guys can do with hard work on a budget.

I'm finding these all over..... all 6-8 hrs away. LOL. I have no trailer, but I'll nab something close to my area. I see them now and then.
A U-Haul trailer for day use is only $55..
or wait a minute you might prefer renting a tow dolly so you can put the car on backwards..:poke::D...

A U-Haul trailer for day use is only $55..
or wait a minute you might prefer renting a tow dolly so you can put the car on backwards..:poke::D...
boy do you have selective memory.... lol. To be truthful, unless something super comes my way and really close, I'll wait till this zero degree/snow/ice all is behind me before I actually buy a car. Again, if a super deal shows up within a hour of me....

please :rolleyes:..... I stopped with the thread 13.3 - 11.8's because people were fighting, putting each other on ignore, mothers were involved.... totally deflated the fun of the thread. That project is still going on, but I'm only going to post the results.
Stopped with the thread? You left the forum for a quarter of a year officially but not unofficially or maybe you did or maybe you didn't or you did or I don't know you're back now...

Stopped with the thread? You left the forum for a quarter of a year officially but not unofficially or maybe you did or maybe you didn't or you did or I don't know you're back now...
yeah, I was gone before I called the dogs off on that thread, so it wasn't the thread.

boy do you have selective memory.... lol. To be truthful, unless something super comes my way and really close, I'll wait till this zero degree/snow/ice all is behind me before I actually buy a car. Again, if a super deal shows up within a hour of me....
Oh yeah I forgot you're Illinois weather report thread formally the 2019 race thread...:D..

In the last 4 weeks, I've sold 3 small block intakes and 1 carb. :) Keeping the cash flow going for "all" the projects. LOL.

I’m hoping for some kitchen table porting videos on the speed master big block heads soon...:popcorn:

I’m hoping for some kitchen table porting videos on the speed master big block heads soon...:popcorn:
LOL.... kitchen table.... did you have to get so personal???? :( :D :D I've completely lost my interest in porting. I've done it so much, the last 3 sets of heads I did weren't fun...

I'm sure it's been said before, but a junkyard diesel turbo setup would be an excellent route for this. An el-cheapo 7.3 powerstroke turbo on a low compression 400/440 with home ported heads and a cam... I bet it would move pretty good!

I've completely lost my interest in porting. I've done it so much, the last 3 sets of heads I did weren't fun...

Sooooo, you’re saying there was a time when it was.....”fun”?

From a strictly “flow” standpoint..... the ootb 265cc SM BB heads flow enough to go 10’s....... but that doesn’t mean a little tweaking wouldn’t help.

If you get the weight down, 10’s isn’t hard at all.
Under 3300 race weight and 500hp, a good converter, and some hook.

Last edited:
Sooooo, you’re saying there was a time when it was.....”fun”?

From a strictly “flow” standpoint..... the ootb 265cc SM BB heads flow enough to go 10’s....... but that doesn’t mean a little tweaking wouldn’t help.

If you get the weight down, 10’s isn’t hard at all.
Under 3300 race weight and 500hp, a good converter, and some hook.
Actually, there was a day I really enjoyed porting heads. It was kind of like my art... (except I can't draw or paint LOL). Thanks, your post is encouraging :)

My course of action would be:

-plenty of cam
-plenty of stall
-plenty of gear

:steering:
I'd start with a chassis , get all the basics, springs, shocks, tires, etc. something to work with !
the rest is just a simple big block recipe with the right gear and converter .
There is a bunch of et in the chassis. Oh and BTW make it safe. :D

To respond to your original statement of going 10's for under $5,000 . GFY. You will be among the only ones on earth to do so especially in street trim . Go for it !

-
Back