10's on $5,000 ?

-
I have a couple things I bought like Headers I'll be using, and a few more things I made a deal on that I will be getting soon. I don't want the parts selection to turn this into a parts selection debate.... lol. I'll certainly post every part I buy and use and it will be charged against the 5k dollars.

Couldn't think of a better man for the job! I have to admit I'm hoping to learn a few unexpected parts combos and uses, and I wouldn't be surprised at a few parts being thrown your way cause thats how FABO rolls.

Couldn't think of a better man for the job! I have to admit I'm hoping to learn a few unexpected parts combos and uses, and I wouldn't be surprised at a few parts being thrown your way cause thats how FABO rolls.
Thanks. Budget will most likely force me to use bargains before preferred choices... LOL

I'm set on a RWD Mopar car that's solid underneath. I'm limited on all my options, so I won't be reconstructing a RWD Neon or anything like that. Uncle Tony's Bottle Rocket is what my dream car for this would be...…
Except that car is a complete turd, and pretty slow from what I saw. I think you can do MUCH better!

So what!!! Any loser can put nitrous on something to run 10’s.

Don’t be a weeny and do it with some hard work and thinking.
So I guess turbos and blowers are wimpy as well,that guy weighs more,that guy has better gears lol, where are these rules written in stone. I say what is really wimpy is to disparage anyone from drag racing with whatever the hell they want to use run a number, from allot of your previous posts you're sounding like a hypocrite lol.

And to 318, you say you want a roadkill build but by your own standards you would have no respect for them at all,afterall they use nitrous to run 12s. Just saying

Last edited:
So I guess turbos and blowers are wimpy as well,that guy weighs more,that guy has better gears lol, where are these rules written in stone. I say what is really wimpy is to disparage anyone from drag racing with whatever the hell they want to use run a number, from allot of your previous posts you're sounding like a hypocrite lol.

And to 318, you say you want a roadkill build but by your own standards you would have no respect for them at all,afterall they use nitrous to run 12s. Just saying

First off again he said he didn’t want to use nitrous. Second of all you shouldn’t need nitrous to run 10’s with a 440 with aftermarket heads. Read the post.

Are you going to offer up some parts or help finding parts?

First off again he said he didn’t want to use nitrous. Second of all you shouldn’t need nitrous to run 10’s with a 440 with aftermarket heads. Read the post.
You should read your post, you're the one saying anybody who uses nitrous to run 10s is a wimp, doesn't really coincide with "trying to get people drag racing cheap" does it. And I am well aware that 318 does not want to use nitrous but just trying to wrap my head around the fact that he says roadkill is an inspiration for the build but those guys use nitrous on everything, so why does he respect them for using it?

I admire and respect all motor builds that meet a certain goal. But most of my experience is that most of those who speak out the most against fuel and oxidizer or boost are the uninitiated. I call it the hard drugs version of hot rodding. Once you experience it, it’s hard not to get hooked and want in on the action.

• I've ran turbo's, and I like turbo/blown cars. Serious power to be made with boost.
  • I said I like roadkill type of cars. Not all roadkill uses NOS. Their 440 cropduster? low 12's no NOS. The 318 dual quad Challenger? no NOS. no need to go on.
  • I'm not using NOS, it's just not me. Again, I could hit my Duster now and go 10's. There are classes where it's a component. I'm not running them classes.

I admire and respect all motor builds that meet a certain goal. But most of my experience is that most of those who speak out the most against fuel and oxidizer or boost are the uninitiated. I call it the hard drugs version of hot rodding. Once you experience it, it’s hard not to get hooked and want in on the action.

To me it has its place like for someone wanting to run 7-8’s in the 1/4 mile. NA takes some skill, work, and planning and some guys aren’t up to the task. The guy making this post takes pride in his abilities to get it done without pisss pissss and most of us admire him for that.

Not even tempted to use this on my low 9 second car. Now when I get my fast car going heck ya it’s going on. It’s been in my spare bedroom for three years.
F5A576FA-29D6-4A18-8D30-901209BA2C49.jpeg
0DAEC89C-F490-454D-9327-9E3C1EE1E4A1.jpeg
44BDF181-ABDB-4CF8-9EA8-F96E1B3FDB40.jpeg
EC2282E2-157E-4C91-8A46-9DCCAD759440.jpeg

• I've ran turbo's, and I like turbo/blown cars. Serious power to be made with boost.
  • I said I like roadkill type of cars. Not all roadkill uses NOS. Their 440 cropduster? low 12's no NOS. The 318 dual quad Challenger? no NOS. no need to go on.
  • I'm not using NOS, it's just not me. Again, I could hit my Duster now and go 10's. There are classes where it's a component. I'm not running them classes.
I don't think you run any class do you? I mean we really could say you have no class and be true..??
personally I would rather see you finally get one of your dusters to go fast whether it be with nitrous or with a big block and not buy pile of crap and try to make it go fast... My-2
But I'll keep watching and commenting from time to time....
I'd like to see both of your dusters go fast actually.. spray the hell out of one for $400 nitrous kit and build a big block for the other one... (Like you've always wanted)...

The percentage of cars they have nitrous on vs n/a at the track is not even close, and the crop duster has nitrous now and runs 11s, the bee, nitrous and 10s, I could go on and on and it could easily be argued that these are street cars, basic add ons and full weight. They don't have a car that I know of that runs faster than 12s without a power adder and trying to say they are anything but pro nitrous is silly.
Do what you want and be happy.

Sell all of that extra junk the 318 it's transmission and rear end... Put all your big block stuff in it... Put the Speedmaster heads on the 360 and a big 300 - 400 shot of nitrous..

To me it has its place like for someone wanting to run 7-8’s in the 1/4 mile. NA takes some skill, work, and planning and some guys aren’t up to the task. The guy making this post takes pride in his abilities to get it done without pisss pissss and most of us admire him for that.
So some dude who's got a heavier rig and/or wants better streetability uses nitrous to get there and is not "up to the task", ok. I didn't know it was in the "how to drag race like a man" rules book that "thou shall not use nitrous unless trying to run 8s or better and not be looked upon as wimpy". You're a good dude but that's silly, I will not muddy up this post anymore,thanks

Last edited:
I don't think you run any class do you? I mean we really could say you have no class and be true..??
personally I would rather see you finally get one of your dusters to go fast whether it be with nitrous or with a big block and not buy pile of crap and try to make it go fast... My-2
But I'll keep watching and commenting from time to time....
I'd like to see both of your dusters go fast actually.. spray the hell out of one for $400 nitrous kit and build a big block for the other one... (Like you've always wanted)...
you are right, I always try to run TnT. But sometimes they make me run Trophy. The reason I want a cheap car is so that I can gut till my hearts content with zero guilt. :)
Oh, I'd like to see your Duster go fast actually too... LOL :D

The percentage of cars they have nitrous on vs n/a at the track is not even close, and the crop duster has nitrous now and runs 11s, the bee, nitrous and 10s, I could go on and on and it could easily be argued that these are street cars, basic add ons and full weight. They don't have a car that I know of that runs faster than 12s without a power adder and trying to say they are anything but pro nitrous is silly.
Do what you want and be happy.

So some dude who's got a heavier rig and/or wants better streetability uses nitrous to get there and is not "up to the task", ok. I didn't know it was in the "how to drag race like a man" rules book that "thou shall not use nitrous unless trying to run 8s or better and not be looked upon as wimpy". You're a good dude but that's silly, I will not muddy up this post anymore,thanks
I'm not calling anyone anything. I don't care who runs NOS. I'm not using NOS, even if the hunk only runs 12.20's. I say we lay the NOS to rest in this thread.

Last edited:
A 10 sec pass really is not a challenge. Doing it from scratch with 5 grand is well...…………………. lol
5000 don't go as far as it did 40 years ago. lol

-
Back