170 vs. 225

-
Also if anyones interested, I have a turbo from a low mileage 87 Gn for sale... 8)

Where's yours?????????? :blob:
where is my what? its a fact with boost... the only thing that limits RPM (besides mechanical failure) are things that affect (not a good wording but here it goes) how its runs. things like floating valves, to small of an inlet and island map for a given combo, fuel issues, etc. a boost motor is not confined to a RPM range for a given cam like a NA motor.

That was my plan for the manifold. 2.25 or 2.5 inch j pipe with whatever flange i use turbo wise. I'm going to look around to see what i can find turbo wise. I can easily get my hands on a holset hx35. The nly problem there is the high wastegate but that can be adjusted. Might be to much for the slant though.

That was my plan for the manifold. 2.25 or 2.5 inch j pipe with whatever flange i use turbo wise. I'm going to look around to see what i can find turbo wise. I can easily get my hands on a holset hx35. The nly problem there is the high wastegate but that can be adjusted. Might be to much for the slant though.

bill will know better but i think 5-10 on a stock bottom end wouldn't be an issue. any more and your gonna want K1/molnar rods and forged pistons. alot of these guys like low comp but that just takes away from off boost performance :D

bill will know better but i think 5-10 on a stock bottom end wouldn't be an issue. any more and your gonna want K1/molnar rods and forged pistons. alot of these guys like low comp but that just takes away from off boost performance :D

Good advice, I think...

Good advice, I think...

(example only, no numbers crunching done) you can build 15 psi and make 300hp with a 8:1 motor and have to wait for boost as the motor is only making 150hp off boost or you can run a 10:1 motor and 7 psi to make the 300hp. you have gained off boost advantages.

just another way to slice the bread. all depends on what you want it to do and how you want to do it...

I think 9:1 is a pretty good boost number. Thats what i ran in my talon. 8:1 would allow more boost but the pick up and spool wouldnt come until higher rpm

THAT HAIRDRYER THAT WILL INSTANTLY CATAPULT THAT '68 ROAD ROCKET INTO THE ELEVENS?

All you need to change is the pistons and cam...

You'll LIKE it...:blob:

lol a piston and cam change... so much more to it and you know that...

quote=805moparkid;1970079585]lol a piston and cam change... so much more to it and you know that...[/quote]

Not that much on your car because it's race-ready in most other respects.

You'd need a 4bbl intake manifold and a blow-thru carb, and turbo-mount header, like a Pishta unit, but aside from a water/alky injector, I can't think of much you would need. Seriously...:happy1:

-
Back