1961 Valiant Wagon

-
A couple of quick up dates. First one is... While the decals aren't going on yet, I like to see where they might look the best. So I just place them on without actually sticking them on. Also mucking around with the placement of the optional Tissue Master box.

IMG_7130 (1).jpg

IMG_E6563 (1).jpg

Last edited:
I am not sure how many wiring looms came from how many suppliers but I often find tags like these on NOS looms and even on older looms out of the Early Valiants and Lancers. Any more knowledge about these types of labels would be great.

IMG_1953.jpg

IMG_6721.jpg

Little bit of a rear end shot. You can see the 3rd seat. The inside rear cargo area switch. The bumper overrider step pad as well. Its good to be able to finally put some of these items on the car.

IMG_7116 (1).jpg

Now the doors are on, on the right hand side of the wagon the trim can start to go on. I had already done all the window winder mechanisms and installed them before we hung the doors, which made them heavier to hold in place and adjust but I had a great bunch of guys helping so it made it easier to a degree. I have original Solex Herculite tinted green glass to still put in the doors as well. One of the mandates I had listed for this wagon was to use (Reuse) as many original parts as possible. Right down to the trim clips. In this case I cleaned up the ones I had... got them zinc plated and installed them back in there place. You will never see them but at least I know they are good behind the trim.

GKES6143.jpg

IMG_7175.jpg

HDVC3013.jpg

IJJJ3380.jpg

Any knowledge on 60/61 Heater hose markings would be great. I got this a fair while ago now. I am unsure if its Australian or North American (I just cant remember). I don't really see the DPCD logo used on printed items in Australia...Only on North American mopars. This hose has no ribbing which is common for Australian pieces. Most Heater hoses from North America have ribbing. Any Thoughts ??

IMG_1993.jpg

This will be my Licence Plate for shows only. I have an Australian one for driving around my local city. The numbers relate to something about the car. Any guesses to what it could be. ??

LOOY5641.jpg

Good Deal Shimos.

Any Updates on the Rear (cargo area) Rubber Mat?

No updates as yet on the cargo mats.
I will actually have to put the wagon away for a little while, while I move warehouse. Hopefully its not for too long.

No updates as yet on the cargo mats.
I will actually have to put the wagon away for a little while, while I move warehouse. Hopefully its not for too long.
Sounds good. Thank you sir!

Will have to put the wagon away for a little bit soon. But got the doors and fenders on before that happens...

A0A3046C-7B29-45F8-884C-6186BAA71D07.jpeg

CF04A31B-F473-4589-9D25-396AC16EC28C.jpeg

A little bit more on the wagon today. Items that were finished off years ago are now ready to be bolted on. The door trim panels are the original ones off the wagon.

FBB624C8-20E4-4D50-A8D9-10F663252987.jpeg

This will be my Licence Plate for shows only. I have an Australian one for driving around my local city. The numbers relate to something about the car. Any guesses to what it could be. ??

View attachment 1716116852
It is a Part Number.

Appears to be the dealer-available Hyper-Pak Complete Kit. part#

Yep that is it.:thumbsup:

Little bit of a rear end shot. You can see the 3rd seat. The inside rear cargo area switch. The bumper overrider step pad as well. Its good to be able to finally put some of these items on the car.

View attachment 1716116834
Shimos, Do you know if a factory-style cover ever covered the gap between the interior body floor and the open tailgate?

Over the years I have seen a couple of different part number markings on early valiant parts. Here I have tried to replicate ones I have seen in a few places.

2C2C1367-91C2-4109-9F00-AB9EB6FA0022.jpeg

816CE554-427F-4C49-BA1D-2B4E72A24940.jpeg

AE896ED1-D88B-438C-A74A-298371281309.jpeg

0C9ED201-DDA5-47E0-B703-CB8C28103429.jpeg

Great job Mike.
I love the plate!
Did you find a complete kit in your travels?
I have never found a full complete kit all at once. Only parts here and there. Most people just laugh at you and say it’s a impossible task. But over time I have got almost all the pieces. The linkage I am making up from photos from old time period magazines.
The task now is to find a second set for the future XNR project I want to do.

Got some Tung-Sol centre dot headlights. Which in today’s world not the greatest but I am trying for originality.

5FE0C4E2-E870-4E42-B16D-6EE215243D82.jpeg

Were the Roof Rack Carriers available on the '62 Models as well? Were they dealer installed or factory installed? I would sure like to find one for my '62!!

I think I might follow that 1960 valiant TSB for the bumper jack relocation as I can no longer fit my jack under the rear wood plate with a 225 70 14 tire in the rear well as my spare tire.

Greg

-
Back