1962 Lancer Wagon, Lancersaurus!

-
check resteration specialties in western PA for weather stripping,, dave may know what would work if yours is not available,,looks great so far

Got the front bumper from Chrome Shop.
They are re-doing the rear right now.
Putting the dash together on the bench.
Polished all the sill plates.
Detailing the spare well.
As soon as I get a couple more red parts back I will start putting
the interior back in.
Here is the heater delete plate from the coater.
Looking for rubber trim parts right now for T-Gate.

Looks good

Got some more interior done yesterday. I have to put some exterior trim on to finish reinstalling the side panels and working headliner edges back in.

Attachments

• DSCN0200_20.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 700
Thanks Gents, I am glad you like it and I hope it has helped someone doing an early A-Body. Since I am in Texas now, it has to be a Horned Frog! Not a Toad!
Here is what I got done today. Rear seat installed, trim material around the rear seat bolts, rear seat back hinges and the carpet trimmed and cut. The weights are just holding it down till it takes a set.
It feels good to get parts out of the back bed room and into the Wagon where they belong!

Attachments

• DSCN0212_20.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 688
  • DSCN0213_20.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 659
  • DSCN0216_20.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 640
  • DSCN0218_20.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 646
Got some more interior done yesterday. I have to put some exterior trim on to finish reinstalling the side panels and working headliner edges back in.

By any chance you wouldn't have a spare driver door panel laying around.

Realigned a couple of the doors, they close much better now. Door handles back on. Got a pile of stuff from Gary Goers. Door rubber stops, rubber bumpers for dash and ashtray, underhood stickers, etc. Here are the front and rear door stops. Square one on the front, long skinny one on the rear. Started putting the stainless back on the roof. It looks good but going slow, don't want to dork it up!

Attachments

• DSCN0219_20.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 629
  • DSCN0220_20.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 630
  • DSCN0221_20.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 607
I decided to bore the 170. The block is just too loose so I am going 20 over. Here is my honing plate. My friend Bob started this decades ago, did I tell you I was old?, and never got this one finished. So I got the bores cleaned up to 3.55 if I want to go that big. Need to get some grade 8 bolts and hardened washers and then off to the machine shop, Again!

Second picture is my new intake for the Colt. This will be the intake I start with. This will allow me to run a steel flat hood and feed air from the headlight buckets. Going to freshen the 2 I have and am looking for a 3rd 45DCOE 9 to complete the setup.

Attachments

• DSCN0308_20.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 590
  • DSCN0311_20.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 591
Got more done in the interior. Big puzzle now, just hope I have all the pieces!

Second picture is the new 3rd DCOE I found.

Attachments

• DSCN0333.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 536
  • DSCN0312_20.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 559
Got a few things done this weekend.
The first picture is a holy grail part if you have a 60-62 Horned Frog Wagon. I got this from Dawsons and it was folded so it's not perfect but its an upper tailgate window rubber channel. It's a lot better than what I had. My original was different in that it had the 2 side edges attached to the top part. I am going to reuse the sides as they are in fair condition.
The window crank and the 170 Emblem.
Half the stainless on the roof rail.
The rear plastic cover in the drivers rear roof post.

Attachments

• DSCN0351.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 520
  • DSCN0350.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 526
  • DSCN0353.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 519
  • DSCN0349.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 525
I got the nerve to remove the 50 year old tailgate body seal. I got a weatherstrip from Softseal for a 63 Dart and made it work. Now I can't see daylight between the inside and outside! I only needed half the seal to do the tailgate on the wagon. It's not like the original but, it is what it is.

Attachments

• DSCN0405.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 475
  • DSCN0403.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 458
  • DSCN0402.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 468
  • DSCN0401.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 477
  • DSCN0400.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 477
  • DSCN0399.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 515
Stan, Been reading about your "adventure" and build on your 62 Lancer Wagon... Awesome job for sure... (Just finished page 7):thumbup:

By the way, I had a 170 /6, 4 speed in my 65 cuda while I was doing my 273 build back in the late 70's... That 170 was fun:D (This was a little known tid-bit about my cuda)

Cliff, thanks for the read and the comments! It's been quite an adventure and hope to be done spring of 14 for the Mopar Show at Ennis. A little background, Cliff and I grew up in Tidewater VA years ago. We have a common link to Suffolk Raceway, Ed Miller and Mopars, not a bad combination!

Attachments

• willCuda.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 472
  • Eds_Duster_Suffolk.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 475
  • StanSuffolkSmall.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 467
Yeah, Not a bad combo... Just wish Suffolk Raceway was still there... But I do have the memories :D (If only I had taken better & more pictures) Your Pics are awesome!!! Whoops, I should NOT be posting pics here, this is Your thread Stan... You get back to your 62 Lancer Wagon build...

63 Valiant 340... Car was blue 1st, then painted fire-mist silver in 1973

Attachments

• suffolk2.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 453
  • race63_1.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 438
  • race63.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 439
got a few things done. pictures show completed rear interior, trim at rear roll up window and then wiring for tail lights. I installed some plugs to seal around the wiring, there were no plugs originally, I cut some cap plugs to run the wires thru. I hope to hang the rear bumper tomorrow.

Attachments

• DSCN0486.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 385
  • DSCN0485.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 434
  • DSCN0484.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 436
  • DSCN0483.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 407
  • DSCN0482.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 437
  • DSCN0557.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 418
  • DSCN0558.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 407
  • DSCN0559.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 399
  • DSCN0481.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 399
  • DSCN0479.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 422
Well I took this bumper back to J&B Chrome in Fort Worth 3 times, but to their credit they got it right. Looks real straight and the chrome is sure nicer than the 50 year chrome that was on it!

At least the rear is starting to look like a wagon.

Attachments

• DSCN0562.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 399
  • DSCN0564.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 449
Really making some progress. I thought your's was a 61. It would look cool with the 61 grill. I need that rear rubber piece. Keeps water from running into the back when the window is partially down. FYI. I scored some stainless side windo vents for the Lancer/ Valient last weekend. Old NOS aftermarket parts.

It's a 62 that I am changing most of the exterior to 61. Grill, tail lights, door handles. But it will have the 62 Script on the doors and those funky louvers on the quarters. Until I bought a 61 Wagon and put them side by side, I would have told you they were the same under the skin. WRONG! I wanted to change the dash, but I chickened out and am keeping the 62 as the path of least resistance.

Are you taking about that upper glass rubber part I got from Dawsons? If so, I asked him if he had another, as the one he shipped was far from perfect, but he never responded. I kept my old one if you want it, I was going to ship it Joe Schusy to see if he would consider reproducing them. He was in Mopar Collectors Guide a couple of months ago with some B Wagon Tail Gate Rubbers.

Attachments

• IMG_5318_30.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 400
It's a 62 that I am changing most of the exterior to 61. Grill, tail lights, door handles. But it will have the 62 Script on the doors and those funky louvers on the quarters. Until I bought a 61 Wagon and put them side by side, I would have told you they were the same under the skin. WRONG! I wanted to change the dash, but I chickened out and am keeping the 62 as the path of least resistance.

Are you taking about that upper glass rubber part I got from Dawsons? If so, I asked him if he had another, as the one he shipped was far from perfect, but he never responded. I kept my old one if you want it, I was going to ship it Joe Schusy to see if he would consider reproducing them. He was in Mopar Collectors Guide a couple of months ago with some B Wagon Tail Gate Rubbers.

What do you have to get for it? upper glass rubber part

That car looks good with the 61 stuff. I'd like to see how those side drafts work. Buddy of mine has a 240Z with SU's and they are a ***** to sync. He tried Webbers and they were worse. Have you modified the intake runners on 1 and 6?

I decided to bore the 170. The block is just too loose so I am going 20 over. Here is my honing plate. My friend Bob started this decades ago, did I tell you I was old?, and never got this one finished. So I got the bores cleaned up to 3.55 if I want to go that big. Need to get some grade 8 bolts and hardened washers and then off to the machine shop, Again!

Second picture is my new intake for the Colt. This will be the intake I start with. This will allow me to run a steel flat hood and feed air from the headlight buckets. Going to freshen the 2 I have and am looking for a 3rd 45DCOE 9 to complete the setup.

You also may want to consider running studs verses bolts. Should give a better positive seal between that aluminum block and cast head.

-
Back