1962 Lancer Wagon, Lancersaurus!

-
Well she rolled on the road for the first time in decades I would guess. I used my Lakewood tow bar to tow her to the Body Shop today to repaint the lower body. Here are some shots from today. Hope to get the 170 done while the garage bay is empty. I hope she was happy to see the road under her floor pans again! I ran by an old timer like me on the way and he had a grin a mile wide. Me too..............

Attachments

• IMG_6670_30.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 862
  • IMG_6671_30.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 869
  • IMG_6674_30.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 850
Well she rolled on the road for the first time in decades I would guess. I used my Lakewood tow bar to tow her to the Body Shop today to repaint the lower body. Here are some shots from today. Hope to get the 170 done while the garage bay is empty. I hope she was happy to see the road under her floor pans again! I ran by an old timer like me on the way and he had a grin a mile wide. Me too..............

Nice!

Just got my heater box back (finally) and he did fix it so I don't need to get one now. It only took 4 months!
thread_hot.gif
1962 Lancer Wagon, Lancersaurus!
Views: 16,923
Posted By Hyper_pak
Heater box

Hey Nuttyprof, I might have one, I am waiting on a member from OZ with the heater delete plates. If I get those I can sell my heater box. Might have one that needs some repair, is that what you might...

Picked up a pile of parts from the coater today. Stuff looks great, Found a few more parts in the garage to coat later. I need to get the bumper braces done, but I think the front one have a little bend in them and I want to get them straight first. Corse the bumpers have a little tweek in them also, and they need re-chrome. Sheeesh, it never ends..........

Attachments

• IMG_6675_30.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 821
Got her back from the body shop today.
We decided to repaint the whole car cause the paint would not match.
So everything but the Red was repainted.
Now I have a ton of clean up to do again, but this time it will be done.

Dash bezel is at GCAR.
Old cam is at Oregon.
Dist is at Duster Idiots for rebuild.
Need to get the K Frame to powdercoat.

Don't have many excuses now.

Attachments

• IMG_6769_30.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 742
  • IMG_6775_30.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 738
Got her back from the body shop today.
We decided to repaint the whole car cause the paint would not match.
So everything but the Red was repainted.
Now I have a ton of clean up to do again, but this time it will be done.

Dash bezel is at GCAR.
Old cam is at Oregon.
Dist is at Duster Idiots for rebuild.
Need to get the K Frame to powdercoat.

Don't have many excuses now.

Are those 14" wheels?

I think Nutty got his back, if he needs some parts maybe he will contact you or you could shoot him a PM. I am looking for some heater delete plates, if you have those or know where they might be, let me know!

The wheels are 14 x 6 Fentons. I wanted to stay with the drums to save some weight. But if I go disks I will need some big bolt pattern wheels. I think the slots look pretty good on the wagon. Don't know what other wheels I would run. I did like that set you had on yours last time I saw it.

Thanks for the Kudos!

I sure like Cortez. My Norton Motorcycle man Matt Rambow is right there in Delores, I get there every chance I get to get stuff for my scooter. Maybe next time we could link up and say hi!

Thanks for the Kudos!

I sure like Cortez. My Norton Motorcycle man Matt Rambow is right there in Delores, I get there every chance I get to get stuff for my scooter. Maybe next time we could link up and say hi!

I'd like that! Can't wait 8)

Here is what I have been working on in the past couple of weeks. Sent the dash to GCAR. They called today, PO broke it in half before it got there. Sooooooo, the second one is in the mail tomorrow. Sent 2 dampers to Damper Doctor in CA. Got them back today. $95 bucks, look like new. Cam came from Oregon Cams. It looks great. Dropped the bumpers, tail-light spears, roof chrome bezels and the windsheild chrome bezels all at J&B Polish in Fort Worth. Picked up another pile of parts from the powder coater, rear seat hinges, bumper braces, etc. Weather getting warmer here, spending more time in the garage getting stuff done.

Attachments

• IMG_6822.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 662
  • IMG_6821.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 680
  • IMG_6752.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 650
Here is what I have been working on in the past couple of weeks. Sent the dash to GCAR. They called today, PO broke it in half before it got there. Sooooooo, the second one is in the mail tomorrow. Sent 2 dampers to Damper Doctor in CA. Got them back today. $95 bucks, look like new. Cam came from Oregon Cams. It looks great. Dropped the bumpers, tail-light spears, roof chrome bezels and the windsheild chrome bezels all at J&B Polish in Fort Worth. Picked up another pile of parts from the powder coater, rear seat hinges, bumper braces, etc. Weather getting warmer here, spending more time in the garage getting stuff done.

The shipping company broke the dash?!

Post Office broke it. I sent the second one in a box that was HUGE. I insured the second one for $200 but won't be able to collect if they break it because you have to show where it is for sale and what you have to pay for it. Just hoping they see the insurance tag and don't drop kick it from Texas to Washington!

Post Office broke it. I sent the second one in a box that was HUGE. I insured the second one for $200 but won't be able to collect if they break it because you have to show where it is for sale and what you have to pay for it. Just hoping they see the insurance tag and don't drop kick it from Texas to Washington!

Damn fools. That's why I don't use ups. I've seen them tossing stuff marked fragile and computer boxes from truck to truck with nobody catching it! People have no respect.

A couple of pictures of the dash cluster and bezel just back from GCAR. They did a real nice job. I think it turned out nice. Last picture is what the Post Office did for me. Thanks PO!

Been working on a few assemblies. Have the whole dash powdercoated now and the firewall heater delete plate is there now. I have been sanding the red parts in the interior, paint next. I was able to remove the red plastic wheel house covers and I am going to do some small repairs and then reinstall them. I have all the parts for the steering column now so that will go back together soon.

Attachments

• DSCN0101_20.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 599
  • DSCN0104_20.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 571
  • DSCN0106_20.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 590
A couple of pictures of the dash cluster and bezel just back from GCAR. They did a real nice job. I think it turned out nice. Last picture is what the Post Office did for me. Thanks PO!

Been working on a few assemblies. Have the whole dash powdercoated now and the firewall heater delete plate is there now. I have been sanding the red parts in the interior, paint next. I was able to remove the red plastic wheel house covers and I am going to do some small repairs and then reinstall them. I have all the parts for the steering column now so that will go back together soon.

That's real nice work!!! Any shot of the heater delete?

I'll post the part after I pick it up from coaters.
Here is what it looked like after I got it from Rod in OZ.

Attachments

• DSCN0067_20.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 593
  • DSCN0070_20.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 589
Did some work on the interior before I put the dash back in. Man I wish I had done this before I painted the car, what a pain! We must have spent 2 days taping and protecting the paint, glass and headliner! Here are some shots of the process. Deb helping! I had used Herb's Parts Interior paint. It was the 1970 Red color but it came out like Brick. No gloss, really sucked. I went back in today with Dupli-Color Interior Red and it looks a lot better. Now I can put the carpet in and then the dash and then the trim and then.....and then...... and then.... You get the idea!

Attachments

• DSCN0118_20.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 538
  • DSCN0117_20.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 554
  • DSCN0122_20.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 552
  • DSCN0121_20.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 559
  • DSCN0116_20.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 558
  • DSCN0115_20.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 576
  • DSCN0112_20.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 582
Did some work on the interior before I put the dash back in. Man I wish I had done this before I painted the car, what a pain! We must have spent 2 days taping and protecting the paint, glass and headliner! Here are some shots of the process. Deb helping! I had used Herb's Parts Interior paint. It was the 1970 Red color but it came out like Brick. No gloss, really sucked. I went back in today with Dupli-Color Interior Red and it looks a lot better. Now I can put the carpet in and then the dash and then the trim and then.....and then...... and then.... You get the idea!

That's a lot of paper! At least you had something to read when you got bored! Rofl

Anyone ever found any rubber for the tailgates on these early a's? I need the roof glass seal. It was one peice and seals the glass to the roof channels. Also the seal around the body that seals the t-gate to the body. It is a flat seal, not d shape, and it's 3/4 wide by 3/8 to 7/16 thick on the sides. It's an inch wide across the bottom.

Attachments

• DSCN0157_20.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 517
  • DSCN0099_20.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 527
Progress report?

Got the front bumper from Chrome Shop.
They are re-doing the rear right now.
Putting the dash together on the bench.
Polished all the sill plates.
Detailing the spare well.
As soon as I get a couple more red parts back I will start putting
the interior back in.
Here is the heater delete plate from the coater.
Looking for rubber trim parts right now for T-Gate.

Attachments

• DSCN0162_20.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 511
-
Back