1962 Lancer Wagon, Lancersaurus!

-
glad it worked out in your favor.. in the back of my mind, i someway still have hopes of my 73 dart sport being returned to me. which disappeared over 30 years ago while stationed at the norfolk naval base

Aint it grand to be back and postin in your build thread??? I know you're happy.

Cool story, I have never seen a Lancer wagon on the news before, probably never will again!! I am so happy for you...now go buy your trailer back lol!!!

Well Stan. Everytime I read something you post I DO see your hands moving.

So if I heard it all right, someone stoled your car. Sold it to a guy, who sold it. That guy was the one who sold it to the shop. Right? Did all just sell with bill of sale?
I am just glad you got the car back and not in too bad condition. And made the news!!!

Congratulations on getting the lancersaurus back can’t wait to see it when it’s done especially from what you did to the skota! Have FUN:burnout:
From, John Cale B.

Attachments

• DSC02398 (2).jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 840
Well Stan. Everytime I read something you post I DO see your hands moving.

So if I heard it all right, someone stoled your car. Sold it to a guy, who sold it. That guy was the one who sold it to the shop. Right? Did all just sell with bill of sale?
I am just glad you got the car back and not in too bad condition. And made the news!!!

At least tonight I am only typing with one hand! And I got no idea what these jerks did! I am pretty sure the dude who "stoled" the trailer left the lancer in his uncles/cousins/partner/etc garage right before he got jailed. Somehow someway it came back, sheesh I hope 2012 is a little more normal.

It will be featured tomorrow on Hemmings Daily. Go to Hemmings . com and check it out!

Thanks for the comments and the read.

Congratulations on getting the lancersaurus back can’t wait to see it when it’s done especially from what you did to the skota! Have FUN:burnout:
From, John Cale B.

Talk about a young gun! I still remember giving you a ride in the that old girl to the soccer game. It was fun making the Dakota new again and now I have a second chance to do this one. When your dad brings you out to Texas we will ride to a Ranger baseball game in the wagon. Good luck with your projects John Cale! Pay attention all you old mopar farts, this little guy is going to make you look bad! Thanks for making your first post one I will always remember. You are the MAN! Stan

Amazing, I never knew this forum existed. I had a 61 Lancer back in 1966 that had the option. It was a 2 door sedan, same color combination as the one shown. As I understood it, the Hyper-pak was a dealer-installed "factory" option. They also had one of their marine cams in it. Mine came with 3 speed floor shift and a 3:91 rear end. I think it originally came from Georgia because of the tons of red clay packed around underneath. I scrapped and cleaned for days getting rid of that stuff. I'd run H-stock at the drags and blow off the 55/56 Chevy guys with "265's" which of course,were all really 283's or 327's with 2bbl carbs and the old oil filters on them. They'd howl, but never protest because they weren't legal and I was. After finally wearing it out, I swapped in a 340 from a wrecked Barracuda.

Although I've had many other collectible cars over the years, I can't remember any that I had so much fun with. It was the ultimate sleeper in both forms.

Sure glad you got it back. It should be a real fun ride when complete.

Stan,

Yes you talk with your hands. When we met at the Humble swap meet earlier this year, my wife made the comment that, "If they tied his hands behind his back, he wouldn't be able to talk". LMAO

Your buddy,

Bill S.

HO HO HO Mr Hyper Pak dude,just wanted to let you know that Santa is on his way !!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS

PS,pm sent

This will be santas 2nd trip to dfw. He was already here this month. Can't thank you enough.

Careful,next time he'll probably want to go for a ride in that Badd Boy !!!:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang: Word has it that he's a sucker for kool Cars !!!

Yeah HO HO HO.
santau.jpg

Well today I rented a trailer and took the Lancer to the Texas DMV. They gave me a Texas VIN and installed it in the door jam. I was able to get it installed above where the stock one was so I can get a repro tag and at least that part will look correct. Since the bad guys removed mine I had to prove to Ft Worth police that it was my wagon and I had the title. Thanks to all the photos I have it was a simple task to get the paperwork squared away. These early 60's cars don't have a lot of documentation to show. I was able to match the fender tag to the rad support number. Anyone have decode information on 1962 fender tags? I want to find out anything I can about my tag.

I had some time today to clean the wagon some more and I found the wheel well trim, the jack, and my missing rally rim. I had not looked in the spare tire well and there they were! I was not looking forward to finding wheel trim for the wagon!

Any updates Stan ?

Wish I could tell you she was finished. But it's safe here in the garage. I have a 225 and a 170 that need to go on the stand and see what they need. Still gathering parts I need to get it going. I spent most of January in Germany so just getting back in gear. I need the push button shifter for a 62 Lancer if anyone has one to sell.

I appreciate you checking back in!

hyper,,i have a push button from a 63/64 valiant, i was going to use in a street rod project,,but im not going to use it,,, i have 45 bucks in it,,, pm me if you would want pics of it,,,,

Went last week to Houston and picked up a parts car for all the parts I had stolen and are missing. Rained all day, loaded the car in the rain. 2 flat tires and a stuck front hub. Ended draging the car 30 feet with my come-a-long, one click at a time! Damn, what a mess. Had to take the front hub off on the trailer and remove the brake shoe rusted to the drum just to get it off the trailer. Now for the good, radiator, transmission cooling lines, dash, shifter, driveshaft, "DODGE" on trunk lid, rear bumper is a little better than mine. Also getting the 170 engine and trans for a spare. I am selling this one to frank in MI when I am done but if you need something stupid and not in good shape let me know. LOTS OF RUST. Check out the Grant wood wheel!

Attachments

• IMG_5475_30.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 574
  • IMG_5490_30.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 625
  • IMG_5492_30.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 569
-
Back