1962 Lancer Wagon, Lancersaurus!

-
I have been reading this thread for years and have grown to appreciate the Lancer! Keep up the good fight, it looks great!!

Worked on the under hood engine harness and the dash harness. I will need to modify the engine harness for drivers side alternator and electronic ignition distributor and the ECU. I soda blasted the push button assembly. Getting to work on some of the fun stuff on the front end.
IMG_7663.JPG
IMG_7661.JPG

Met a couple of FABO members today at the Motorplex, good times. Small show but some nice stuff there. Came home and installed the drivers side headlight assembly and the grill. The shark is getting closer to the water!

IMG_7670.JPG
IMG_7686.JPG
IMG_7690.JPG
IMG_7693.JPG
IMG_7698.JPG

Lancers need love too!!!! Love em!!

Great to meet Mr. Hyper_pak at Metroplex and also Mr. DemonDuster. Delivered a 904 to another friend, not sure what his handle is on here.
Yes small show but some really nice cars.

Great seeing you and your wife at ennis also. Now go get your lancer from moe!
Wife is in R/E, she will retire in couple years. We went 7 month from Trump's election with out 1 closing!! Anyway I desperately hope to make the trip to Mo. in April, go to Mopars at Mo-Kan tract, finish work on my place there to get it sold, and BRING back the Toad!!!!
Too bad so few Lancers/ early Val. did not survive. They might be "homely" to some, but such cool and unique cars!!!!!

Got a 62 Fuel sending unit in the mail today, it looks great, need to hook gauge up and check the operation. Also worked on the push button assembly to change out a broken spring. I guess I will just cover it in white grease and hook up the cables.

Hood Stainless install. A 61 hood is drilled for this trim. A 62 is not.
Grill and Headlight Bezel install finished.
Installed pass Lancer Emblem.
Started fitting the Door Stainless Trim.

IMG_7740.JPG
IMG_7737.JPG
IMG_7741.JPG
IMG_7743.JPG
IMG_7745.JPG

It was a good day. Started off at Easter Sunday Church Service, I needed that.
Painted some chipped bolts with car paint, seems to me the newer paint is harder than it used to be.
Painted the fender tag. Installed the firewall brake steering wheel support.
Installed the Gary Goes firewall drain flaps. And the firewall insulation plastic studs.
Aligned the front bumper to the body. Need to get a bunch of clips for the front stainless trim.

IMG_7751.JPG
IMG_7752.JPG
IMG_7753.JPG
IMG_7754.JPG

Took front bumper off, it needed to move back a quarter on the drivers side, so I need to elongate the bumper braces. Spending money like water now, new Champion radiator, Brake Lines, Fuel Line, Transmission cooler lines, NAPA front brake parts and seals, trim clips, etc. etc. etc.

Took front bumper off, it needed to move back a quarter on the drivers side, so I need to elongate the bumper braces. Spending money like water now, new Champion radiator, Brake Lines, Fuel Line, Transmission cooler lines, NAPA front brake parts and seals, trim clips, etc. etc. etc.
Does anyone repop those lines or will you have to make yourself?? But the good part is, once done, it is done.

Here is what I did, Summit has free shipping on orders over $100. SO I bought 63 Dart 4 door brake lines, 65 Dart fuel lines, 3/8 tube, and 67 trans lines for a slant 6 and a 904. I am going to see how all that works, but I think they all should be close enough.

Took the bumper brace off and ground a quarter inch oval to move the bumper back. I found this CDDP stamping on the brace. It's cool finding these marks on parts I have looked at many times!

IMG_7756.JPG
IMG_7757.JPG

So the bumper went on and off 3 times today just get it back on the drivers side. I wore out 2 grinding stones slotting the 2 braces. But got it right finally. Also used plastic dip to get the wire hangers coated. I don't like to see body painted hangers under the hood.

IMG_7762.JPG
IMG_7765.JPG
IMG_7768.JPG

Slow motion this week, been sick and nothing seems to be going together right all of a sudden. Big problems with the radiator, not sure what to do right now. I did get the passenger trim done. Tomorrow maybe the drivers side.
IMG_7892.JPG

Looks great.....I look forward to your updates!

Thanks I have been working just making no progress. Champion 63 radiator will not fit so I had to send it back. I got a radiator from Mopar Frank and I am getting recored. The passenger side mount was roached so I am sectioning a 64 mount. The 62 mount moves the rad forward for fan clearance. All this stuff is TIGHT on an early A. Cleaned and painted a bunch of front brake parts. I got the fuel line and brake line from Summit, I can see how they save on shipping, then bend the lines in Half! I was wondering how they would ship 15 foot of tubing. I guess it will get straight.

I made a passenger side radiator mount from a 64 side. Cut and welded. I really don't like it, but I was pushed into a corner. Pictures show just how close the fan comes to radiator in a 62 A. Last picture shows why they left the bolt out of the dampner. There is NO room between the fan and a low profile crank snout bolt.

IMG_7915.JPG
IMG_7917.JPG
IMG_7925.JPG
IMG_7928.JPG

Dropped the rad brackets off at rad shop. He says by Friday it will be done. Worked on the front brakes. Got these done, next to install them and then start installing trans, fuel and brake lines.

IMG_7929.JPG
IMG_7931.JPG

Got the radiator and powdercoated fan installed. Don't even ask how much that radiator cost me.

IMG_7938.JPG

So I am almost an idiot. I had all my stainless polished by Leo Neal in Lawton OK. When I went to install the last piece I realized I had 2 Passenger Front Fender Trim Parts. SO I sent my good one to Leo to polish last week along with another drivers side to match my extra passenger side.
So if anyone needs a really nice front fender trim parts for their 62 Lancer, I have an extra set. Can't fix stupid.
62 Polished Spairs  04.JPG
62 Polished spairs 01.JPG

Got the radiator and powdercoated fan installed. Don't even ask how much that radiator cost me.

View attachment 1715172605

Yes me too! I had to send mine off for recoring, unique little sucker! Good tanks but........ I was lucky I was still in south Missouri back then... cheaper no doubt than texas! Guy is buying my place back in Missouri so I will make the trip there end of month and bring home the Lancer. Yaaaaaa
Your trim looks great. If I had mine polished, it would make my paint job look worse or better!!???? LOL

-
Back