1964 Plymouth Valiant with Gen 3 Hemi

-

HR5058

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well we got it done! Stock torsion bar front end. 5.7 pre eagle bored stroked to 6.7 (345 CI to 410 CI). Did Sick Summer and best of 11:27 at 3410 weight. A lot left in it but to finish is what I was looking for.

IMG_8239.png

IMG_8158.png

IMG_1474.jpeg

IMG_1472.jpeg

IMG_8110.jpeg

Very cool! I was watching the live stream and saw you were G3 powered. Glad to have some details.

Loved the car, fun watching your runs.

Well we got it done! Stock torsion bar front end. 5.7 pre eagle bored stroked to 6.7 (345 CI to 410 CI). Did Sick Summer and best of 11:27 at 3410 weight. A lot left in it but to finish is what I was looking for.

View attachment 1716101792

View attachment 1716101793

View attachment 1716101794

View attachment 1716101795

View attachment 1716101796
Congrats, those kind of swaps can wear a guy down for sure. But then you make a pass and all the pain is behind you. And frankly you don’t even care what the time slip says (ask me how I know), you are just thrilled you got across the line ,and nothing is leaking! Great job, great looking car!

View attachment 1716101792

View attachment 1716101793

View attachment 1716101794

View attachment 1716101795

View attachment 1716101796

Looks like you got your Dark Star wheels for the front. What did you end up having to do to fit a set up?

Love to see some engine compartment shots.

What size back tire?

Good lookin' ride!! Curious on what you did for mounts and exhaust.

Thanks all! I am very happy for sure. I found a set of 3.5 inch wide ones that seem to work well though I wanted wider but I found a set of front tires that did the trick. Backs are 275 60 15. Here are a few engine pics.

IMG_2561.jpeg

IMG_7924.jpeg

IMG_7877.jpeg

IMG_7874.jpeg

IMG_7872.jpeg

ha, i snapped a few videos of that car off the tv to send to a friend. looks like my old 64 valiant. i stuck a 440 in mine though. :)

See the car in person at sick week. Very nicely set up car for sure. Got a couple tips from you also for the duster I'm in the middle of swapping. Very nice car and guy.

Looks awesome! What are you using for a transmission? Did you have to trim the shock towers at all? Can’t tell, are you using an offset master cylinder adapter? Do you have to pull the master cylinder to remove the coil/valve cover?

Looks awesome! What are you using for a transmission? Did you have to trim the shock towers at all? Can’t tell, are you using an offset master cylinder adapter? Do you have to pull the master cylinder to remove the coil/valve cover?
904 transmission. A little on the passenger side and a little on the passenger valve cover but it still rests on the passenger inner fender. For the master cylinder, I used a 4 to 2 bolt adapter and then slightly had to open the master cylinder holes to move it up a little bit, so it does not ride on number five coil. Yes I have to remove the master cylinder to pull number five coil off and to get to number seven spark plug wires and spark plugs. I can remove the valve cover on the driver side, but I would have to pull the motor to remove the valve cover on the passenger side.

Are you still using the stock steering box? When I set my gen 3 hemi in my 65 dart with stock suspension it was so tight lol. I have only seen one other early A with a gen 3 hemi that still retains stick front end.

Are you still using the stock steering box? When I set my gen 3 hemi in my 65 dart with stock suspension it was so tight lol. I have only seen one other early A with a gen 3 hemi that still retains stick front end.
It is a flaming river steering box, stock design. It is a little smaller then the actual box

That's very cool! That's a late model swap I can actually endorse!

-
Back