1964 slant build

-

0lddart

Reaction score
ok i am getting my origonal motor back this march the head was rebuilt and th bottom end was bored .040 over new bearings pistons and what not

the pistons i got are 8.5 but how much should i mill the head for 9.0???

i am putting in a comp cams 264S, new valve springs???not sure which ones yet , a blaster coil, clifford 2bbl manifold,clifford headers,2" dual exhuast with a x tube,and a holley 500cfm 2bbl

how much power do you guys think this will make??? and is the stock drivetrain going to handle this??? any help is very appreciated
thank you

ok i am getting my origonal motor back this march the head was rebuilt and th bottom end was bored .040 over new bearings pistons and what not

the pistons i got are 8.5 but how much should i mill the head for 9.0???

i am putting in a comp cams 264S, new valve springs???not sure which ones yet , a blaster coil, clifford 2bbl manifold,clifford headers,2" dual exhuast with a x tube,and a holley 500cfm 2bbl

how much power do you guys think this will make??? and is the stock drivetrain going to handle this??? any help is very appreciated
thank you
I don't think the stock drive train should pose a problem. It's not like your throwing down 700WTQ or anything. Btw, why did you decide to go with a 2BBL instead of a 4BBL?

just like to be diffarent plus having a 2bbl isnt a bad thing anymore i actually have found them all the way up to 800CFM :snakeman: and i had a 500cfm on a 352FE ford i had back in highschool and it worked great plus im sure 500cfm is all ill ever need on a slant 8)

What trans and gears do you have? What kind of headwork have you done? That carb is WAYYY too much for your cam/build.The 264 is a little cam,I would look for the holley 350 CFM 2bbl.,would be a much better choice for you.

That carb is WAYYY too much for your cam/build.... would look for the holley 350 CFM QUOTE]

I agree. I run an Erson 270 cam and the 350cfm works real well.

As far as milling, its not the same on every engine. Measure, then mill. If it has never been cut .100 is no problem. That being said, I prefer to mill the block and just clean up the head.

sb

it is a 904 and the gearing is stock i believe that would make it 2.92 for a gt??? and on the 500cfm carb i guess i should go with a 350cfm then and the head was just cleaned up no milling yet...... i think a .050 mill is about all i am going to do....

.050 is not enough to worry about. Make sure you cc the heads to know your combustion chamber size for future compression ratio calculation.

I think you would be happy with some oversize valves and a good porting and blending of the bowls/ports. A LOT of locked up potential in a slant head.

I like to mill the block, but if its not coming out, just do the head.

2.94 is a good all around gear for daily driver with standard diameter tires. I run 25.5" and a 3.55 and it spins a bit higher than I like on the highway.

Good luck.

sb

What year is your GT? Mine is a 67 225 and it has a standard 2.93 gear in the 7 1/4 axle. 68 and up have 2.76.

7 1/4? should be the 2.93. Its actually a good gear for daily driving! I wish I had a 3.23 though,just a little more gear.

cc your head before you do anything. I didn't before taking 0.100" off and ended up with 39cc chambers and a CR of 9.8:1(I was shooting for 9.5:1). Now I have to run at least 89 octain fuel. You need to take .0066" off to reduce chambers by 1cc on a slant.

oooh 9.8 huh how does it run??? i dont mind running high test fuel i just wasnt sure how high i could go on these motors...

oh and a side note has anyone here used one of these

as0023-slant-six-2-barrel-aussiespeed-manifold.JPG

oooh 9.8 huh how does it run??? i dont mind running high test fuel i just wasnt sure how high i could go on these motors...

oh and a side note has anyone here used one of these

Ahhhh the Aussie Hurricane manifold - nice looking manifold. I think Doug Dutra over at .org has one to do some testing on.

hope hs gets some testing done soon.... i really want it to work as good as it looks=P~

-
Back