1964 Valiant straight axle build

-
I got it home now...but I still need to do the interior, and minor things...

IMG_20121124_120849.jpg

IMG_20121124_120911.jpg

IMG_20121125_182940.jpg

Just found this thread. I have been gathering parts for a 64 Valiant "gasser" for a couple of years.
64 Valiant Signet
66 Cuda one piece glass nose, doors, and rear bumper.
8 inch Ford rear
Just picked up a 47 Dodge PU axle and springs at Turkey run.
Will be altered wheelbase.
"K" member removed and Slant six engine mounted at least 6 inches back, using a plate.
225 Slant six engine turbo charged on propane.
904 trans.
Engine is about half built, still collecting parts for the car. Couple more years to go.

DV8 Yours looks a lot nicer then mine will be.

Wow, that turned out great! 360 in that light car is just right. I had a warm Cleveland in a '57 Fairlane and that hauled ***, I could pull away from a poncho T/A on the freeway and I could beat a 911 across the intersection at the time....in that big 4 door.

Just found this thread. I have been gathering parts for a 64 Valiant "gasser" for a couple of years.
64 Valiant Signet
66 Cuda one piece glass nose, doors, and rear bumper.
8 inch Ford rear
Just picked up a 47 Dodge PU axle and springs at Turkey run.
Will be altered wheelbase.
"K" member removed and Slant six engine mounted at least 6 inches back, using a plate.
225 Slant six engine turbo charged on propane.
904 trans.
Engine is about half built, still collecting parts for the car. Couple more years to go.

DV8 Yours looks a lot nicer then mine will be.

Thanks!

It sounds like yours will be fun. My clubmate has built three Slant Six powered cars. A roots-blown T-bucket, a turbo Model A roadster, and a multi-carbed rail dragster. All very fast cars.

Wow, that turned out great! 360 in that light car is just right. I had a warm Cleveland in a '57 Fairlane and that hauled ***, I could pull away from a poncho T/A on the freeway and I could beat a 911 across the intersection at the time....in that big 4 door.

Thanks!

The Fairlane sounds like an awesome sleeper...must have been a blast!

I have a Cleveland in that '61 Galaxie in those pics (and elsewhere in this thread), and although there are still a few bugs to work out with the car...it pulls hard!

Thanks!

It sounds like yours will be fun. My clubmate has built three Slant Six powered cars. A roots-blown T-bucket, a turbo Model A roadster, and a multi-carbed rail dragster. All very fast cars.

I know Robert, but I haven't seen him for awhile.

-
Back