1965 barracuda advise wanted

-
Glad you are leaving the Barracuda as is. That is a VERY nice Barracuda. I really like it and it is very well done. I had a number of 64 65 Barracudas, none as nice as yours! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Nice 65, I would be more impressed with that stock engine than a Hemi.

Just wondering have you researched the swap? The early A's are pretty tight engine bays. I'm thinking you might have to custom make some headers and motor mounts. The trans tunnel on the early A's are smaller too. Can you mount a 904 auto to the late model Hemi?

Nice 65, I would be more impressed with that stock engine than a Hemi.

Just wondering have you researched the swap? The early A's are pretty tight engine bays. I'm thinking you might have to custom make some headers and motor mounts. The trans tunnel on the early A's are smaller too. Can you mount a 904 auto to the late model Hemi?
I did some research and found that it could be done.
But It will stay as it is for now except for some detailing.
here are a few more engine and trunk pics.

I am glad that you are leaving the car as is. I have a white 65 with gold stripe, but not as nice as yours, but I wish I had yours. Maybe find an old Dart to put the engine into. I got a solid 64 Gt hardtop that I would partial trade to have your Barracuda. Just saying.. it's nice.

I am glad that you are leaving the car as is. I have a white 65 with gold stripe, but not as nice as yours, but I wish I had yours. Maybe find an old Dart to put the engine into. I got a solid 64 Gt hardtop that I would partial trade to have your Barracuda. Just saying.. it's nice.
PM me

Ok as one who owns his second early Barracuda a 1965 Formula S which is not original and has been updated and is driven a lot! Mine has a 318 looks like a 273, modern disc brakes, 14 inch rally wheels, 81/4 rear, other very good upgrades to be driven a lot and go fast! You my new friend should not mess with that rare original awesome find!! It has a small 73/4 rear as mine had originally also the single master cylinder is very much a thing of the past and can be dangerous on todays roads, as the car does not stop fast and it lets go you got no brakes! I have been there with mine and its why I replaced mine with modern brake kit! However the perfect look and reality of your car is a rare show car find!! Its value is beyond most A bodies I ever see at shows!! They are rare to see in todays world! Its a true keeper and don't mess with it, big blocks do not fit in a bodies #1, now way Jose! You have a beautiful find and should keep it as is, the 273 also is not a motor that can be modernized or set up to go hot rod! Its just solid inside and no real parts to make it go! Another reason I when doing mine got rid of a non numbers matching 273 in mine and used a 318 a motor you can make go with head work, cams, other upgrades you cannot do to a 273! So it a cool original A body representing what Barracuda is and was! Mopar or NOCAR
GreggR 65CudaLover!!!

Just joined the forum. I have a 65 cuda formula s. Pics to follow soon. I would leave it the way it is. The car looks great. If you need mor power, just build a 340 or if you have the funds, go with a 406 stroker motor, and it would fit right in. just change the left motor mount, beef up the 904, 8 3/4 rear and go for it.

will take a ton of mods to make that hemi fit in that engine bay,,,,, great looking cuda

Here is my Cuda. And my power wagon.
I would not alter that car at all other than to put better brakes on it. I did the kelsey hays 4 piston calipers and they work fine. Butchering that car would be a crime.

Attachments

• 0813091829a.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 124
  • 0503121350a.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 125
-
Back