1965 Barracuda Resto from Germany

-
I have the next smal problem the Gearbox !
1 gear OK
second and third gear no frictional connection

we have opend the gearbox and see that :-(

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

Mr.shift my friend GAZ helps my

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

Sprag and Cam Ring are out of order i need a gear box housing :-(((((

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

Here the answer my friend Gaz translated :)THX

The problem was that I only had drive in manual 1st & reverse.
We removed the Trans & tore it down. The findings were pretty awesome. The rear sprag had disintegrated & had worked itsself into the aluminum trans case. Getting hold of a master overhaul kit & new sprag is no problem here but I am stuck without a case. Nothing available in Germany.

Sprag and Cam Ring are out of order i need a gear box housing :-(((((

That Sucks. We have an a couple of 904 trans sitting around, but shipping to Germany would be a killer. What caused the problem?

Hi, shipping to Germany wouldn't be a killer. A friend of us is the owner of a import service company. He has a store house in Houston, TX.

Sorry to hear about the tranny, hope all works out well..

I had a sprag blown like that and i found that it was the kick down wasnt adjusted at all for the trans go shift kit it got in it, so i recomend u to double check on that for the next time,

double check on that for the next time,

Yes Sir that´s was i thing :)

Next step on the process I found a second hand 904 ( 67 ) and we have done a double check on it !:)

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

The new one it´s nearly perfect !
i have to order a Master Overhall Kit from Summit and now i am still waiting for the packet . :-(

when i am waiting i am fabricat a Gearbax Special tool for my friends Mr. Shift ( Gaz )and Mr. Fast ( Tom )

l.jpg

l.jpg

And a Table for Gearbox work :))))

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

:)))))))))))))meet friends and drink beer :)))))))))))))))

And A Special News

Uli in a newspaper

http://www.newsclick.de/index.jsp/menuid/2160/artid/14975191

SORRY GERMAN TEXT

Als Kind den Ami-Autos nachgeschaut

Ulrich Wöckener hat in unzähligen Arbeitsstunden aus einem Haufen Blech einen schicken Oldtimer gemacht

14975192.jpg

14975196.jpg

14975200.jpg

14975204.jpg

Zwischen dem 1965er Plymouth Barracuda auf den Fotos vom Dezember 2009 und dem, der jetzt in Ulrich Wöckeners Garage steht, liegen Welten. Oder: Viele, viele Stunden Arbeit.Der Neudorf-Platendorfer (45) hat den Oldtimer in einem erbärmlichen Zustand in Koblenz gekauft – heute ist der knapp 50 Jahre alte Wagen ein Schmuckstück.

Was war die Motivation?

Bis 2009 hatte Wöckener aktiv Sport getrieben, hörte dann auf und suchte ein neues Hobby. Der Vorschlag, sich nicht einen neuen Ford Mustang zu kaufen, sondern einen Oldtimer und den dann zu restaurieren, kam zum einen durch die nach Oldtimern verrückten Kumpel, aber auch von seiner Frau. Sie wollte, dass Wöckener keine Langeweile bekommt. Und das hat er nicht.

Was war zu tun?

Erst musste er die Wand seiner Garage versetzen, damit der Haufen Blech auf vier Rädern hineinpasste. Und dann legte er los. Bis auf die Schweller war an dem Plymouth nichts mehr, wie es sein sollte. Und so schraubte, schweißte und bastelte der gelernte Bäcker 20 Monate lang jeden Tag drei bis vier Stunden, Ende August vor dem ersten Motorenlauf auch 36 Stunden an drei Tagen hintereinander. Als der Motor endlich zum ersten Mal – und vier Stunden später als geplant – röhrte, kamen die Nachbarn zum Gratulieren aus ihren Häusern.

Doch dann machte das Getriebe schlapp. Daran schrauben Wöckener und sein Kumpel Gareth Evans derzeit noch, bis der Wagen in wenigen Tagen seinen zweiten Stapellauf haben kann.

Service:

Regelmäßige Treffen von Besitzern oder Interessierten an Young- und Oldtimern an jedem dritten Sonntag im Monat, 15.30 Uhr, Parkplatz Happy Chicken in Gifhorn.

Kontakt über das Internet unter :
www.mopar-crew-gifhorn.de // www.forabodiesonly.com

Google translate:

""Between the 1965 Plymouth Barracuda in the photos in December 2009 and who now stands in Ulrich Wöckeners garage, are worlds apart. Or: Many, many hours arbeit.de Neudorf-Dorfer Plate (45) has bought a classic car in a pitiful state in Koblenz - today is the almost 50 year old car is a piece of jewelry.

What was the motivation?

By 2009 Wöckener had driven active sports, then stopped and looked for a new hobby. The proposal not to buy a new Ford Mustang, but a vintage car to restore and then came to one of the vintage cars to crazy dude, but also from his wife. She wanted no Wöckener gets bored. And that he did not.

What to do?

It was not until he had put the wall of his garage so that the sheet piles could fit on four wheels. And then he let rip. Up on the sill at the Plymouth was nothing like it should be. And unscrewed so welded and rigged the trained baker for 20 months every day for three to four hours, the end of August before the first engine run also 36 hours on three consecutive days. When the engine finally for the first time - and four hours later than planned - roared, the neighbors came to congratulate him out of their homes.

But then the transmission went limp. It Wöckener Gareth Evans and his buddy screws yet, before the coach can have in a few days of his second batch run.

Service:

Regular meetings of owners or those interested in classic and vintage cars on every third Sunday of the month, 15.30 Clock, Happy Chicken parking lot in Gifhorn.""

Google translate:

""Between the 1965 Plymouth Barracuda in the photos in December 2009 and who now stands in Ulrich Wöckeners garage, are worlds apart. Or: Many, many hours arbeit.de Neudorf-Dorfer Plate (45) has bought a classic car in a pitiful state in Koblenz - today is the almost 50 year old car is a piece of jewelry.

What was the motivation?

By 2009 Wöckener had driven active sports, then stopped and looked for a new hobby. The proposal not to buy a new Ford Mustang, but a vintage car to restore and then came to one of the vintage cars to crazy dude, but also from his wife. She wanted no Wöckener gets bored. And that he did not.

What to do?

It was not until he had put the wall of his garage so that the sheet piles could fit on four wheels. And then he let rip. Up on the sill at the Plymouth was nothing like it should be. And unscrewed so welded and rigged the trained baker for 20 months every day for three to four hours, the end of August before the first engine run also 36 hours on three consecutive days. When the engine finally for the first time - and four hours later than planned - roared, the neighbors came to congratulate him out of their homes.

But then the transmission went limp. It Wöckener Gareth Evans and his buddy screws yet, before the coach can have in a few days of his second batch run.

Service:

Regular meetings of owners or those interested in classic and vintage cars on every third Sunday of the month, 15.30 Clock, Happy Chicken parking lot in Gifhorn.""

Thank you for translating his post.

Uli! Hope that you get the tranny done soon so you can do some more cruises before winter. It's just around the corner.

Thx ulf that´s what i think :)))))

the temperature at 7 am are 4 celsius the winter comes withe great steps :-((((((

My friends and brother ,

My father departed yesterday at since 71 to young to died .

l_1550bb7cb4504d538b5b36979f7b9e5c.jpg

He died of a heart attack.

I am to be at a loss for words .

Many condolences, Uli, may your father rest in peace. And may you find peace in his worldly absence.

Great build here, your car. Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

-
Back