1965 Dart 270 new paint

-
Thanks for the contact information. Should I mention you recommended him when I call?

Yeah, that would be good. I think he's out of town at the moment, since his phone has been turned off the last few days. Just leave a message if it goes straight to his voicemail.

so, if you're putting a stroked 440 in your red 65, what are you doing with the A833? Need someone to dump it on? ;)

so, if you're putting a stroked 440 in your red 65, what are you doing with the A833? Need someone to dump it on? ;)

Well, I am going to use 1 A833 in the car, but I have several and I probably won't use the ball and trunion one.

Sorry, used my friends username...if you need an early ball and trunion A833 let me know.

Your car is looking very nice.

What kind of paint did they use? I'm getting ready to start stripping mine down for paint. It doesn't require any bodywork to speak of(other than lining up the trunk/hood etc), but I'm not impressed with the paint job done by the last guy.

And you're dropping a big block in it? Wow. Thought about that, cause that's the kind of guy I am, but I'm opting for a 408 stroker instead.

Can't wait to see the finished product.

It's a PPG 2 stage paint. I am putting a stroker 400 in it, not sure yet if I'm going to run HP manifolds or custom headers.

Looks great!!! When you said the price was reasonable how much did you spend. I need to do the same to my 66 and need to save some$$$$'s
Mike

If you want to save some $$$ I would recommend doing the interior/engine compartment area yourself, as that would bring the price down quite a bit.

Here are some current pics of the Dart with interior just about done, glass in, and back at home finally.

65dartcharger 025.JPG

65dartcharger 023.JPG

65dartcharger 029.JPG

65dartcharger 033.JPG

65dartcharger 037.JPG

65dartcharger 044.JPG

65dartcharger 045.JPG

65dartcharger 046.JPG

I will be putting on the KH 4 piston brakes, 8 3/4 rear end, new wheels, and 400 big block with aluminum 4 speed in the next few months.

65dartcharger 028.JPG

65dartcharger 036.JPG

65dartcharger 060.JPG

65dartcharger 072.JPG

:tongue9:Looking great, That is going to be a hart braker:toothy10:

Looks great, I like the tinted windows,nice touch. Look forward to more pics as it comes together, good luck with it.

If you want to save some $$$ I would recommend doing the interior/engine compartment area yourself, as that would bring the price down quite a bit.

Great paint and interior. You never mention how much your paint job was. I plan on having all the paint stripped off mine, even in the engine bay, and was wondering how much a paint job would be.

Got the new 17" Cragars on the front now, working on the 8 3/4" so I can put the rears on. Here's a few pics.

IMG_5164.JPG

IMG_5165.JPG

IMG_5168.JPG

wow what a great set of wheels! I need to upgrade to BBP so i can run a nice set of wheels - just doing body colored steelies with dog dishes.. but i'd like a thicker tire. Looks AMAZING! Good pick!

-
Back