1965 Dodge Dart 270 wagon

-
well, I must say I am very pleased you got the little Wagon in good shape and are pleased with it.
I did worry a bit because there were things that I wasn't sure you would be pleased with but overall I thought the car was in such great shape you could overlook things like the rear board.
the tank was out of another Dart the original one had rust holes all through it and someone ripped a large hole in it at some time so I threw in the other tank.
I did have it running here, but not for too long. I also threw in the radiator which I believe is the correct number.
it's very cool that it has the rear drum clips, they've probably never been off the car. how bad were the shoes?
anyway, glad it made it ok, and glad you're happy with it. I do kinda miss it though...:cry:

After some seroius examination I haven't found any rust at all. First time on an A-body car in 32 years!!!!!

I will make it a decent driver and keep it so until my DartCharger is completed. But I have already rounded up some nice NOS parts for it. However I need to find some interior material to make a new upholstery.

I'll keep the pics coming.

After some seroius examination I haven't found any rust at all. First time on an A-body car in 32 years!!!!!
I think I put that in the "For Sale" ad! :D
but you really didn't believe me....
my 64 Dart is the same way, what can I say, I live in a desert. the bodies last forever, the interiors not so much!:)

I think I put that in the "For Sale" ad! :D
but you really didn't believe me....
my 64 Dart is the same way, what can I say, I live in a desert. the bodies last forever, the interiors not so much!:)

Yuo are so right Scott. Never ever seen anything like it. BTW, would it be possible to get a gas tank for a 65 Dart without rust and without dents? I must be in mint condition so the only thing that needs to be done is to glass bead it.

I've always loved these wagons. I'll be watching closely! Good luck, and can't wait to see more!

The fuel gauge arrived today so after 30 minutes of work the car was running with the fuel system in order.

Now I need a picture on the engine compartment on how all the a/c equipment is located. Any help is appriciated.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 728
From the initial pictures of the engine compartment, it appears that all the A/C parts and lines are in their correct locations. I'm adding factory A/C to my 65 convertible and all of my 65 lines seem to match yours.

Nice score Ulf, I seriously considered that car when Scott first listed it. My very first car was a 65 Dart wagon, 273 comando w/factory air just like yours, rust free from Nevada. Man I wish I still had that car.

Added the alternator and some brackets. Almost done. Did some polishing too. Starts to look decent!

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 676
  • 004.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 679
Glad everything made it there ok. I was just wondering the other day if the wheels ever made it. They look good on it. I scored those in about '98 or '99 on ebay when there were still good deals. They were still in the boxes and had the wax coating they put on them when they packaged them. A guy found them buried in an old warehouse on the East coast. The boxes and wheels were marked as being made in 1964, so I had to have them for my Barracuda.

I added the power steering pump and brackets last night and bleeded the system. Now it works properly. But what routing does the return hose have from factory?

Attachments

• 038.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 664
Cool wagon man!! I love the cragars on there. I'm excited to see what you do with her.

Today I vent to the State inspection and I got one thing to take care of. The idler arm was shoot!! So I will do the change tomorrow.

I did some serious cleaning today and found one marking on the fire wall, one script on the right inner fender "1520" . I don't know what any of them means. Any help is appriciated.

Since this is an A/C wagon I found on the right rear quarter window an Airtemp sticker. Never ever seen one on a 65 Dart. Any one else?

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 668
  • 006.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 652
  • 002.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 632
Since this is an A/C wagon I found on the right rear quarter window an Airtemp sticker. Never ever seen one on a 65 Dart. Any one else?

Since it is a factory AC car it would have had the Airtemp sticker on it. The factory AC 273 HiPo 4 speed 65 Dart GT I parted out had that sticker on one of the rear quarter windows. I've still got them (tinted of course) in my parts storage.

Since it is a factory AC car it would have had the Airtemp sticker on it. The factory AC 273 HiPo 4 speed 65 Dart GT I parted out had that sticker on one of the rear quarter windows. I've still got them (tinted of course) in my parts storage.

Don!

Can you shoot a picture of the location on the rear quarter window? Was it on the right side?

Well wrong car - the quarter glass I saved was from a 66 Dart GT and the Airtemp sticker was on the rear window. PettyBludart now has that rear window so he should be able to help you concerning the sticker (unless it's been scrapped off). On the 65 GT I parted out the sticker was on the rear window as well but don't remember exactly where it was located. Sorry!

Well wrong car - the quarter glass I saved was from a 66 Dart GT and the Airtemp sticker was on the rear window. PettyBludart now has that rear window so he should be able to help you concerning the sticker (unless it's been scrapped off). On the 65 GT I parted out the sticker was on the rear window as well but don't remember exactly where it was located. Sorry!

It might have been that the hardtopw had them on the rear window. I know for sure that I've seen later cars with the sticker on the right rear quarter glass. But the wagons I didn't know at all.

The 69 Charger I used to have had the Airtemp sticker on the quarter window - which window I don't remember.

Well, I need to get that sticker. Looks good.

Today I did some exercizing with the knobs on the dashboard for the A/C controls. After some WD40 they started to work. Hey, even the fan started to work!! I will ad the speaker later tonight and mount everything back in place. There is a car meeting tomorrow night. I will get the wagon for sure. I just love it.

When I mounted the new Swedish license plates I took off the front plate and look what I found. The paper plate that the dealer ship used to have back in the days. It was all rounded up nice with the dealers license frame
Valley Dodge, Van Nuys, CA.

I tried to call them earlier but according to the board they had closed down and the remaining company sold Subaru!!!!!!

View attachment 001.jpg

Hey Ulf, the paper license plate is very cool!
is it time for a small update? are you driving it around yet?

So far I have rounded up a lmost 3000 miles this summer. The car was picked out as one of the cool crusers on one of the car shows. Right now I'm trying to round up all the part so I can rebuild the rear end this winter. I'll post some pictures later. Can you pm me your phone numbrr? I would like to get in contact with the old lady.

-
Back