1965 Dodge Dart Charger

-
Very cool video Ulf! Even though you are speaking in a different language, I can tell your accent and it sounds the same in English when we talk on the phone :glasses7:

Again, very cool and it's great to see your shop too! Your car is amazing and can't wait to see t in person soon :glasses7:

Thanks Keith!

I have repopped the Broadcast sheet for 1964 and 1965 cars and I'm very close to have gotten all the letters and figures that goes on it. But I would loike to have a sample on how Los Angeles built cars broadcast sheets looked like.

Also interested in the manufacturers invoice to find out the shipping cost within state of California.

I finally found the right color for the center console plate. The guy at the paint shop checked out all availible option and aluminium color is darker then silver. There is only one aluminium paint. Next option was the silver color. We checked out all different colors and found out that Wheel silver were the closest we could use. Since I don't want to have clear coat we used light silver w/hardener. That will give the paint better protection but not as good as clear coat.

For you guys doing a ground up restoration can easily use this silver with dull clear coat for protection.

So after picking up the paint it was time for some masking. Takes quite some time due to too many small areas. The paint vent well and then time to add the NOS shifting indicator Don sold me. Looked like back in the days.

Before mounting the console in the car I found out I just have Three screws!!! I have searched these ones for years but they are hard to find. I'll see what I can do.

Hopefully tomorrow night I can mount the console in the car.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 656
  • 003.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 666
  • 004.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 661
  • 006.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 685
Next milestone! Shifting console in place with working mecanism and working light! Tjohoo!

:coffee2:

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 596
  • 003.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 605
  • 002.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 621
Ulf, you are gonna need to seal this car off in a giant plastic bag to keep everybody's drool off of it!! Looks great, I bet t feels good to finish another step :glasses7:

Ulf, you are gonna need to seal this car off in a giant plastic bag to keep everybody's drool off of it!! Looks great, I bet t feels good to finish another step :glasses7:

Keith! You're right! I wil go to the nearest super market!!! LOL

The rearview mirror has been a search for years. I have only found one NOS non adjustable one. This is one out if almost 50 day/night mirror that I have come across. I spent 5 hours of polishing and sanding until I got it back in shape. The only thing you can tell it's a non NOS one is the mirror itself.

So if some one has a NOS one laying around for sale I'm willing to buy it if it's for sale!!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 582
  • 002.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 557
  • 003.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 575
Today was a day of getting alot of thing back in place as well as bleeding the brakes. For the first time since 2005 it's also sitting on the restored correct Dartcharger Cragar S/S wheels. The lug nuts are rechromed and there is also differencies between the left and the right side. The right hand thread nuts has no split on the center as the left hand ones has.

I also found out the hard way that the left fron wheel needed the correct copper colored studs. Now they are back in place.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 568
  • 005.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 568
  • 003.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 603
  • 002.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 572
  • 001.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 574
Cragar and most aftermarket lug nut manufacturers machine a groove in the lefties to differentiate them from the right hand nuts.

Cragar and most aftermarket lug nut manufacturers machine a groove in the lefties to differentiate them from the right hand nuts.

tmm, I didn't know that! Thanks, I guess you learn something every day.

Last Sunday me and my wife bleeded the brakes and all was ok. I was really happy that it was done. Today when I stepped into the shop I found brake fluid on the ground around the right rear wheel!!:banghead:

Even if I checked all the brake cylinders this one was leaking. So tonight I had some serious cleaning to get rid of the brake fluid from all the brake parts. Lucky me I still have some NOS wheel cylinder kits.

Three steps forward and one step back!!!!

Dang!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 509
Thanks chamugtx!

The last seat is in place! :cheers: Finally the interior starts to take place!

But I'm not sure where I put the adjustment screws on for the seat back!!!:banghead:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 446
While working on the parking brake I was searching the screws that holds the console to the brackets. I have two of them. BUT, was there differencies between the front and rear screws on the console? Or was it two different styles, one front and one rear?

I first used the left ones but found more different screws that would work too!

Any input is very appriciated.

Thanks FABO

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 430
I'm trying to get my CAR PRODUCTION BROADCAST sheet done.

The last code I'm trying to get is the figure under engine. I need the code for 273 4 barrel engine with automatic transmission.

Any input is gladly appriciated.

Attachments

• Skärmklipp.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 429

This site referenced above shows the 273-2v as a code 31 with the 273-4v as a code 32.

The '62-'65 white book shows a 273-2v as a code 30 and a 273-4v as a code 31.

The '66-'68 white book agrees with the website.

I managed to locate a '66 Canadian order guide which showed the 273-2v as a code 31 and the 273-4v as a code 32.

My '65 Canadian order guide is incomplete and shows no "L" series cars at all.

Having said all of this, I'm voting for a '65 273-4v to be a code 31. All sources agree that an automatic trans for a V8 is a code 395.

FWIW, there is only a small mention of the 273-4v in the US Dodge data book, and virtually no reference to the 273-4v in the Canadian data book. BUT, the Canadian MVMA does show the 273-4v and lists all of its specs.

Did you read the link I posted…?

Dan! Thanks for the new link. That link is a great source to get information from. I have recieved the build sheet codes from Chrysler Historical when it was DaimlerChrysler. The codes does not appear the same way as the did on the Broadcast Sheet. However they are the same as they are on the fendertag!

For 1965 A-bodies there was only two codes for V8. Can be found under AB on the fendertag.

30 - 273 x 2 bbl 180 hp
31 - 273 x 4 bbl 235 hp

On broadcast sheets that I have found the code for 1965 Dart GT 273 with aut transmission, no a/c, no power brakes and no power steering. The code is 542. That means std carburator, no a/c brackets, converter plate, single grove pulleys, kick-down brackets behind left cylinder head and no vacuum outlet.

There must be a lot of different codes for the engine on the broadcast sheet. BUT, where to find them??:banghead:

Dan! Thanks for the new link. That link is a great source to get information from. I have recieved the build sheet codes from Chrysler Historical when it was DaimlerChrysler. The codes does not appear the same way as the did on the Broadcast Sheet. However they are the same as they are on the fendertag!

For 1965 A-bodies there was only two codes for V8. Can be found under AB on the fendertag.

30 - 273 x 2 bbl 180 hp
31 - 273 x 4 bbl 235 hp

On broadcast sheets that I have found the code for 1965 Dart GT 273 with aut transmission, no a/c, no power brakes and no power steering. The code is 542. That means std carburator, no a/c brackets, converter plate, single grove pulleys, kick-down brackets behind left cylinder head and no vacuum outlet.

There must be a lot of different codes for the engine on the broadcast sheet. BUT, where to find them??:banghead:

You will likely need to find someone with the engine graphics book for the plant that built the 273 engines. I wish I did, but I do not have this book.

You will likely need to find someone with the engine graphics book for the plant that built the 273 engines. I wish I did, but I do not have this book.

Thanks kmccabe56! I will do my best.

Tonight my friend Goran Nilsson from Liljaskolan showed up.Timeto get the undercoating done!

A lot of masking and tejping did it. Then Goran was set and done to shoot the undercoating. It turned out super great. Back with front shocks and now I'm ready to continue with the small stuff!

Thanks Goran!

Attachments

• 203.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 355
  • 202.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 330
  • 201.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 335
  • 200.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 343
  • 199.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 346