1965 Dodge Dart Charger

-
It's the electric washer system. Was part of an option package.

Re the tags, did the assembly workers put it on the car or was that part of the dealerships "prep work"? Or did the assembly line workers just threw it into the glove compartment?

I'll stand to be corrected on this, but my guess is that if the tag were adhesive backed, it would have/could have been installed by the assembly plant. If it were mechanically attached (wire tire or slotted cutout to fit over a mating part), it could have gone either way. I'd venture to say that these sorts of tags would have been bundled together for the dealership pre-delivery people to install.

Yes, it was! After watching 3 judges going over your car for 4 hours and checking Everything out is stressing. After all you've done the best that is possible but have they other things that I don't know of! But at the same time it felt great when they told me about certain things that I did right.

Another part of the judging was when the old Chrysler assembly line worker who started mid 1964 on the line when I saw tears in his Eyes and he told me all the memories, why it was done in a special way, of Chrysler's lack of suppliers when the personell asked around (other manufacturers Ford and GM) for a better supplier of brake booster. Check with ***, they have great quality and they can provide you. They told the Chrysler staff and they started using the brake booster and vacuum canister that Chevrolet used from 1958 up to 1961 on their Impala models!!!!

But the judges we're picky and did an excellent job. The level of judging must be the highest in the world over in US. Pretty sure.

Anders! If you mean MCACN yes I am.

Great story about the brake booster supplier. I'm betting there are dozens if not hundreds more that are very similar to that.

Do you have your judging sheets from Carlisle yet? Will you post it?

Great story about the brake booster supplier. I'm betting there are dozens if not hundreds more that are very similar to that.

Do you have your judging sheets from Carlisle yet? Will you post it?

No, the judging sheet hasn't been sent yet. But for sure I will post then here for you. But I will ask first so it's ok. I'm not sure if there is some rules about that. And since we here in Sweden have this superb judging procedures I'm lost. But if it's ok for sure you will see them.

After getting invited we are now ready for the MCACN show here in Chicago. Two hours of polishing and cleaning and she's ready for judging. We'll see what happens!

Attachments

• DSC_0602.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 449
MCACN was a great show. In my wildest dream I could not beloeve it but my car scored Concours Gold (996 out of 1000 points) and finally Platinum Award for Best stock Dodge. Insane!!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1448241872677.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 403
With all the work you've put in it plus the assistance of FABO members for parts, advise and encouragement, the awards are well deserved my friend!

You say you couldn't believe it.....I sure can! After following all your work and attention to detail on this forum I know you certainly deserve those awards. Congratulations!!!

Thanks for all the positive feedback!

While at the MCACN show I was interviewed by two TV teams about my car. Here is one of them.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozdw2ePjdsw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozdw2ePjdsw[/ame]

It would have been hard to believe them giving the award to anyone else. Congrats. The documented work you've shown on this thread is way beyond amazing.

MCACN was a great show. In my wildest dream I could not beloeve it but my car scored Concours Gold (996 out of 1000 points) and finally Platinum Award for Best stock Dodge. Insane!!

Can't understand why this was beyond your wildest dream. I think most if not all of us would have been shocked if you hadn't won this as well as a host of other awards. Perseverance, long hours, hard work and amazing attention to detail have brought you this recognition. Not only well deserved, but also well earned.

As thrilling as receiving 996 points is, may I ask what your remaining four points were taken away for? It can't possibly be for very much.

I believe it! There are 128 pages here that would make anyone a believer. Congratulations on a much deserved win!

Can't understand why this was beyond your wildest dream. I think most if not all of us would have been shocked if you hadn't won this as well as a host of other awards. Perseverance, long hours, hard work and amazing attention to detail have brought you this recognition. Not only well deserved, but also well earned.

As thrilling as receiving 996 points is, may I ask what your remaining four points were taken away for? It can't possibly be for very much.
Thanks!

The 4 points taken off were;
- Two small oil drips on the transmission oil pan
- One anti-freeze drip on the K-frame. Missed when we cleaned the engine after sealing one of the heater hose
- One crack on the looking strip front lower corner drivers side
- Correct date coded spare tire but has probably 100 miles on it

For the Mopar at the Strip show the anti-freeze and transmission oil drips will be removed! :glasses7:

-
Back