1965 Dodge Dart GT!

-

65dartcharger

Dart Charger 273 Historian
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I found an bought a 65 GT hardtop from the first owner!!Yihaa!

The dealer in Sweden had the car for demonstration and show from 65 to 68. The car has 70100 miles and is equipped with 273x2, automatic, 10" brakes and dealer installed seatbelts from Saab!!. The radio that was installed in Sweden was Blaupunkt. Included!

The car need some rust repair in the left front fender and the rear quarter panel and a new paint job. Will be as orginal, white with red roof. The chrome is good and the interior is very good except from the front seat that should need a new seat cover!

The engine runs like a clock. The car has been sitting in a garage since 1980. The engine has been started once a year and the brakes seems to be good too. However I will change the brake cylinders for safety reasons.

A good summer cruiser next year!

020.jpg

024.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

018.jpg

Those seats and door panels look great! Can't wait to see another 65 be reborn. Good luck and have fun.

Ulf! Looks like an easy project. Wish I could find them that nice!

I hope it will be a easy project too. I hope to have it ready by next year so perhaps my oldest son have a car for cruising!

But the main restoration will be the DartCharger!

Ulf, where the heck do you find all those Darts in Sweden

Thanks for the nice words. It's a good car and I will take good care of her. She fits fine in the garage! But where's the 65 Dart wagon?

Haven't seen it Don! I would like to get my hand on a white Dart 270 wagon w/273/aut/roof rack and red interior! ut I guess that's your car is a keeper? They are hard to come by....

I can't imagine wagons are easy to find over there. There are pretty rare here. I only have a slant in mine but it is still fun with the Hurst 4 speed. I have a half red interior (deal from fall fling last year) The car is in nowhere near as good shape as yours.

seats-p.jpg

Haven't seen it Don! I would like to get my hand on a white Dart 270 wagon w/273/aut/roof rack and red interior! ut I guess that's your car is a keeper? They are hard to come by....

Mine is white and has a blue interior, will be a 340 (or maybe a slant with triple Webers), 904, and no roof rack (but do have a set of NOS rear window wind deflectors I got on Australian eBay!). You're right - even over here, they're hard to find!

white with red top gotta be a rare combo on them 65 GTs! Looks like a good start with some interesting history. Best of wishes! :cheers:

Nice score!I have a 65 grill in good shape hanging in my garage.Do you need one?I don,t have a 65 Dart GT to put it on.LOL

Timbolia! There are currently five 65 wagons here in Sweden and of those cars two was sold back in 65!

DarTT! The most common Dart sold in Sweden was white with red top and red interior! I'm not sure why but that's the way it was.

pettybluedart! Thanks for the offer! I have a couple of good used ones. But you gave me a good laugh! In that case I need some more Darts to hang them on too!

Timbolia! Those mirrors was standard equipment here in Sweden back in the sixties. They had a rule that you should see in the mirrorswithout twisting your head.It works! Howevermost people change them today. But they are hard to find nowadays. Need a set for your car?

Timbolia! There are currently five 65 wagons here in Sweden and of those cars two was sold back in 65!

DarTT! The most common Dart sold in Sweden was white with red top and red interior! I'm not sure why but that's the way it was.

pettybluedart! Thanks for the offer! I have a couple of good used ones. But you gave me a good laugh! In that case I need some more Darts to hang them on too!

Timbolia! Those mirrors was standard equipment here in Sweden back in the sixties. They had a rule that you should see in the mirrorswithout twisting your head.It works! Howevermost people change them today. But they are hard to find nowadays. Need a set for your car?

That is definately really neat!

TO MEMBER#7024 NEED HELP GOT 1965 DART GT LIGHT HIT IN FRONT NEED PARTS I AM A NEW MEMBER SO I DONT HAVE A GOOD WAY TO FIND PARTS SO WILL BUY GRILLE FROM YOU IF YOU WANT TO SELL NEED HOOD FRONT BUMPER &VALANCE HEAD LIGHT RINGS CAR IS IN GOOD SHAPE WILL BE GOOD TO SAVE EMAIL AT lower at [emailPM me Here[/email] help help CELL xxxxxxxxxx
PM me Here Please!

TO MEMBER#7024 NEED HELP GOT 1965 DART GT LIGHT HIT IN FRONT NEED PARTS I AM A NEW MEMBER SO I DONT HAVE A GOOD WAY TO FIND PARTS SO WILL BUY GRILLE FROM YOU IF YOU WANT TO SELL NEED HOOD FRONT BUMPER &VALANCE HEAD LIGHT RINGS CAR IS IN GOOD SHAPE WILL BE GOOD TO SAVE EMAIL AT lower at [emailPM me Here[/email] help help CELL xxxxxxxxxx
PM me Here Please!

Uhhhh, this guy is in sweden and you should really post this in the wanted section and not here.

Nice score!I have a 65 grill in good shape hanging in my garage.Do you need one?I don,t have a 65 Dart GT to put it on.LOL
hi i am a new member want talk to all member but dont no how to on line but member# 7024 has a grille i would like to buy looking for a hood & front bumper & valance & headlight rings for 1965 dodge dart gt mine was lite hit in front end to good to let go nice shape contact me on my email at statehiway79@hotmail or cell (219) 204-0975 if anyone has the parts

hi i am a new member want talk to all member but dont no how to on line but member# 7024 has a grille i would like to buy looking for a hood & front bumper & valance & headlight rings for 1965 dodge dart gt mine was lite hit in front end to good to let go nice shape contact me on my email at

Windy, click you mouse one the user name of one of that users posts, one of the options will be "send ______ a private message", scroll to that and click it. It is like email for this website only. It is a much better alternative to posting your email and phone # on the web.

Also scroll down on the site to car parts wanted, you can start a new thread there with a exact list of what you need ad people with PM you with parts.

Good luck,

JOE

Nice looking Dart you have there,

If you don't mind me asking what does a 65 dart go for in Sweden

-
Back