1965 Tires???? What was available??

-

Reaction score
Any one know what tires were available back in 1965. Looking to put some skinny vintage tiers from Coker tire on the front of my 65 Dart GT and was not sure which ones to get. I know the wide ovals would not have been out yet. Was wondering if the BFG red stripe would be correct? Not really crazy about the red stripe tires on a blue car though.

6.5 x 13 and 7.0 x 13 (2 or 4 ply rayon belt white or blackwall) & on hi-po equiped cars 6.95 x 14's(blue streaks in 4 ply nylon belt).

Oldschoolcuda

6.5 x 13 and 7.0 x 13 (2 or 4 ply rayon belt white or blackwall) & on hi-po equiped cars 6.95 x 14's(blue streaks in 4 ply nylon belt).

Oldschoolcuda

Hay thanks! Happen to know what make they were? I don't think they make the Blue Streaks new. At least I have not seen them.

Dam! Those do look good! I might just get the Coker GFGoodritch's as they do have them in really skinny. Kinda want the front runner look. But I really like those. I might have to go that wrought! Thanks!

Let it be known..... Bias Ply tires are not radials. They are total crap when compared to a modern tire.

I would know...... I have 4, E70-14s on my car.

Let it be known..... Bias Ply tires are not radials. They are total crap when compared to a modern tire.

I would know...... I have 4, E70-14s on my car.

Understatement of the year. My 70 RR came with Goodyear Polyglas. I didn't know how bad they actually were until I got ahold of some radials.

If you actually want to DRIVE your Dart anywhere, as opposed to standing there and just looking at it, I'd reconsider.

I bought a set of BF Goodrich 7.25x13 bias ply and I'm very satiesfied. Can't compare to radial tires but you get the vintage look.

Car gets driven 200 miles a year, (may get up to 1,000 next year) to local car shows and 1/4 mile at a time. Only putting the bias tires on the front on a set of Cragar's, and going to run a set of M&H Muscle car drag Tires on 14in factory steel wheels the back.

I drove my 65 270 dart with 13in bias tires on it, and it drove just fine. Abd back in 1990 When I got my first car, a 1973 Charger, it still had bias tires on it. Drove just fine to.

This is how it looked this summer. I drove 3000 with it. This is by a river we crossed on our way from Mopar at the Strip in Sweden this year. After this picture was taken my son Jacob in the picture got a nice salmon!

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 188
This is how it looked this summer. I drove 3000 with it. This is by a river we crossed on our way from Mopar at the Strip in Sweden this year. After this picture was taken my son Jacob in the picture got a nice salmon!

Ulf! That is one fine looking Dart! Other than the DartCharger emblem and the mags, mine appears to be identical right down to the bumper guards and remote rear view mirror! Unfortunately no pictures as it still sits ion bare metal waiting quarter panel repair.

-
Back