1966 Dart 273 question

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trans-am D-Dart still for sale
1966 Dodge Dart
$36,995 St Charles, MO
This 1966 Dodge D-Dart Factory Lightweight has a 273 C.I. (275 HP) Holley 4BBL V8and#44; 4 Speed Manual Transmission w/ Hurst Shifterand#44; 8 3/4 Sure Grip Rear Endand#44; True Factory Lightweight Dartand#44; 1 of Only 50 Producedand#44; Doug Thorley Headers Into Side Exhaustand#44;15 Minilite Alloy Wheelsand#44;...

You can buy an adapter ring to slip over the torque converter to fit the larger hole of a 1968+ small block. I don't know what year the LA 318 began. Charllie_S or Torque-Flight Patty here sell them (names might be corrupted and Charlie's might be only for slants). You can also install a later torque converter if you also change the input shaft in the tranny, but why bother since I think your tranny is otherwise the same as later ones (lever shift, slip yoke output).

Too bad it is missing most side chrome. That is stainless, so good forever if it doesn't get dented. The front aluminum trim is the hardest to find. If it has the 4 bbl finned valve covers, those alone are $$ for those wanting to clone the HiPo look.

Meh, I'm not too worried about the transmission. I've got my 904 that came with my 318, so I'm ok there.

I'm hoping the trim is complete, there's a few pieces missing in the photo but they may be in the trunk for all I know. However the pieces that I can see are missing, are not the pieces I need. I listed out all trim I needed and he verified that is has those. And even if he's wrong, the car's still worth the buy for the V8 conversion parts and sheetmetal that I need. But hopefully it's mostly complete. 36 hours to go!!!

Ok guys, the dart is paid for and the title is mine! Turns out the 8.75 rear is from a 68 Dart. It is available for $500 plus shipping or pickup near Austin.

So the car decodes as a 2bbl 273...that's ok though, I didn't win the lottery but I still got a steal. A lot of the parts are taken off the car and filling the trunk and interior. Give me a couple of weeks to get the car home and I'll sort through it all and let you guys know what's for sale in a new thread

Like I said wwaayy up there ^^^^^, if it's got a horn button like this one, I'm interested....

Attachments

• DartHornButton.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 92
Rear end is no longer available apparently.

For those that have already requested parts, I'll let you know if those are available at some point. All future requests should be made in the thread that I'll create in a couple of weeks when the car gets here

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back