1966 Factory V8 Valiant Signet Restoration For My Other Daughter

-
What kind of paint did you use ooon the valve covers? Yes. Your workj is amazing Its like watching a pro golfer. They make it look easy.

Nice work as usual! Question - where do you buy all of your seat covers, foam and other seat rebuild materials?

For Future Reference

Steele Rubber: AC line through rad support Grommet, Front Side Glass rear channel mohair, Front Glass front edge run channel, Rear glass outer installed in the trim moulding.

AC_Pipe_Through_Rad_Support(Steele Rubber).jpeg
FrontGlassRearRunner(Steele Rubber).jpeg
FrontSideGlassAFrameChnannel(Steele Rubber).jpeg

OuterRearGlass(Steele Rubber).jpeg

Detroit Muscle Technology: Front Glass to Rear Glass seals could be flocked or not.

FrontSideGlassRearEdge(DMT).jpeg

Dante's Mopar Parts

RoofRail(Dantes Mopar Parts).jpeg

Went to town for some errands and stopped at a car show. Short day.. Just when you think it is safe to store away your body work tools.... Much straighter so likely will install vinyl tomorrow... waiting on the chrome shop to get the edging rechromed so no real hurry this week.... Pulled the rear covers off and straightened the bent frame on the rear seat. Mr. impatient is thinking of reusing the padding and burlap but I have a new $250 kit in the mail... must wait...

DSC_0009.jpg
DSC_0010.jpg
DSC_0011.jpg
DSC_0012.jpg
DSC_0013.jpg
DSC_0014.jpg
DSC_0015.jpg
DSC_0016.jpg
DSC_0017.jpg
DSC_0018.jpg

Yes, '66 and '67 were metal along with the lower side cover in the other photo.
I should probably know that considering I've got a couple 66 seats I'm about to redo.

What are you going to do about the small carpeted insert piece on the bottom of the seat back? Do they sell those pieces?

So only some of them were carpeted. If you notice there are no holes in the recessed area so these did not have carpet. A '66 Signet survivor a few towns over does not have carpet it is just the plastic like textured covering. I am just using some vinyl to cover it.

Last edited:
I like that idea a lot. I may just copy it, or just leave it with nothing but the recess. Handn't thought about that before either, but I kinda like it the thought.

Here is the survivor '66 Signet... it is all the that textured plastic like covering. It has the Ostrich feather texture like the tops of the seats which does not show up well here.

277992076_525100965994430_491778438966773373_n.jpeg

First Roll. Waiting on the rest of the chrome. It needed to be welded then straightened and polished.

Interior is just too beautiful not to have the console done professionally.... $225 to rechome all 6 pieces of the console.... dropped them off and picked up the remaining side trim and LH grill that were welded up and polished...

Please Adopt me...
That is another outstanding / beautiful example of your superior craftsmanship. Your Daughter I'll bet is jumping up and down with excitement.

Please Adopt me...
That is another outstanding / beautiful example of your superior craftsmanship. Your Daughter I'll bet is jumping up and down with excitement.

With her autism she is showing as much as I would expect. She has named it “Sunshine”.

I believe that is a very fitting name for her hotrod and the love and care it looks like you put into all your family. You should be very proud.

Desperate measures for desperate times. Layson's has no idea when Australia will open up and they can get '66 tail light lenses so I took a chance on getting some from Mexico... $55 for the pair... can't beat it. All they needed was a few minutes on the buffer to get some scuffs out. Found a LH center reflector NOS and Layson's had the backup lights. Now just need a RH reflector NOS.

Micas Y Mas - Mexican Made Lights and Lenses For Your Daily Driver

or contact Miguel directly

mason66str@gmail.com

image0.jpg
image1.jpg

-
Back