1966 Factory V8 Valiant Signet Restoration For My Other Daughter

-
I don't know that I care for the black out someone did my grill as well I'm thinking about buying a new one it's a mess sigh. All that with the chrome just doesn't work for me.

I don't know that I care for the black out someone did my grill as well I'm thinking about buying a new one it's a mess sigh. All that with the chrome just doesn't work for me.
i meant the front of the core support (either side of the radiator) that shows 'through' the grill from the front of the car not the grill itself.

Someone had to be the guinea pig. No reason to cut the inlet side off.. .nothing there but a muffler chamber... oh well it is salvageable but 2x the welding. I am getting another one Friday so I will be more selective on the surgery. Next is to see how my desiccant I got of Amazon will fit and decide if I should do something different than the twine ball filter... it seems fine and is not deteriorated.

DSC_0001.jpg
DSC_0002.jpg
DSC_0004.jpg
DSC_0005.jpg
DSC_0006.jpg
DSC_0007.jpg
DSC_0008.jpg
DSC_0010.jpg
DSC_0011.jpg
DSC_0012.jpg

Meet a Facebook friend from Phoenix tonight and he gave me an incredible deal on brand new rims he decided he was not going to use.

415CC512-C1F2-4C29-865A-5D524FE90B80.jpeg
9A93775C-3A3A-4C35-A586-B7F856EA7E68.jpeg
3E8D5FCD-369F-457A-B83F-481BFB5CF3F4.jpeg

AC parts blasted and painted with SPI epoxy primer. Also got a 273 pan to make sure the 360 pan Will clear the steering. You can see where I have to do some body work to get a recess in it. The Compressor is a bit grubby...

DSC_0002.jpg
DSC_0003.jpg
DSC_0004.jpg
DSC_0005.jpg
DSC_0006.jpg
DSC_0007.jpg
DSC_0008.jpg
DSC_0009.jpg
DSC_0010.jpg
DSC_0011.jpg

I some one used transmission fluid in the AC system... good grief... The main bearing has some rust pits in the race. I have a NOS crank and I have an O'Reilly's rebuild that I have hated because the case is not a OEM MOPAR. I may gut that one for parts to put in this case..

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

Prepped the engine parts with epoxy so when my machine shop guy paints it Mopar Red it can all be red and have a chance of sticking on the aluminum.... Ended up needed a bit of body work on the Mancini mid sump 360 oil pan. A buddy in Maricopa let me borrow a 273 pan to use as a gauge.. I will take these parts to the machine shop Friday and they are ready to go. Do you like the Bruce Toth early timing pointers! Just contact him...

DSC_0001.jpg
DSC_0002.jpg
DSC_0003.jpg
DSC_0004.jpg
DSC_0005.jpg
DSC_0006.jpg
DSC_0007.jpg
DSC_0008.jpg
DSC_0009.jpg
DSC_0010.jpg

what bits?
the bits that are still bare ally once unmasked where the intake and headers/ex' manifolds bolt up. i usually mask the area, draw round a gasket held in place then cut out the gasket shape and remove the rest leaving the gasket area masked. that way only the gasket part is unpainted. that sounds clear as mud, lol.
neil.

the bits that are still bare ally once unmasked where the intake and headers/ex' manifolds bolt up. i usually mask the area, draw round a gasket held in place then cut out the gasket shape and remove the rest leaving the gasket area masked. that way only the gasket part is unpainted. that sounds clear as mud, lol.
neil.

Dave will do that with the red. Those small places without epoxy under the red are not concerning me.

Mocking up the factory AC to make sure it all is correct. I have a beat up factory condenser but after the Duster AC fight I am going to install a parallel coil to see if I can solve the high pressures on hot day problems.

DSC_0006.jpg
DSC_0007.jpg
DSC_0008.jpg
DSC_0009.jpg
DSC_0010.jpg
DSC_0011.jpg

Unreal. Car looks amazing. I started my car before you were finished the convertible and you will still get this one done before me...lol. And I thought I was moving along pretty quick. Not to mention the quality of the finished product. Can't wait to see another one done.

Are you going to run stock exhaust manifolds? I'm not sure what aluminum heads you have there, but somewhere on FABO another member had to grind some material off of the driver side head to get the manifold to fit. I hope you don't have problems with that. You may want to mock it up to see if it clears. Please let us know how it works out. I'm interested in running aluminum heads when I get there. Also, let us know which heads you have there. Thanks.

-
Back