Not open for further replies.

cosgig

MoBro Inc.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Contact seller
Howdy gang, as the title states, it's time to offer up the 66 Cuda I have been enjoying for the last couple months. First, a little history....

This car first came into my life in 1988 when my brother and a good friend of ours went in on it together. After doing a couple things to it and enjoying it for a while, our friend bought out my brother. Fast forward 24 years and I get the call to purchase it, which I obviously did!!! I have researched the car all the way back to it's original owner and have talked to one of the original owners. It was a one family car before my brother bought it so I got some past history on it. I have the original certicard and the buildsheet which is in nice condition. I also have a bunch of old receipts documenting things done to the car and more importantly the mileage when things were done. This car was used very sparingly even in the years before my brother purchased it. Heres the details of the car....

It is a 1966 Cuda, original black on black, 273 V8 with automatic and 7 1/4 open rear end. It is a manual brake and manual steering car. It currently has 75,880 original miles on it, about 500 of which I've put on in the past month. I have made trips of 50, 75 and 120 miles as well as much tooling around town. When purchased in 1988 the car had 72,000 miles, and during the ensuing 24 years managed to only gather 3,000 before I got it. The rest of the time was spent in the garage. Most everything on this car is original to the car, and I will describe the specific areas in the following paragraphs....

Engine and trans... the engine is original as well as the trans and neither has ever been out of the car. Due to the limited road use, the motor was smoking when I got it, mostly due to sticky rings, but has since cleared up quite a bit. It must have also been a problem for Dave (the former owner) as he had the heads done in 1997 under the belief that the valve seals were gone. That may have helped some, but the car still smokes upon start-up and diminishes as it gets warm, but still uses oil. IMO, a re-ring is certainly in order or maybe a complete rebuild. It currently runs like a top and drives like a dream. The trans shifts nice, does not slip and there is no problem with the rearend.

Brakes and suspension... I just completely went through the brakes, all the shoes are good, all have been adjusted , and work nicely. I fixed a bad line and there are no leaks. The brake lines were redone in 1988 when my brother was caretaker, but no pre-bent lines were available back then, so all of the lines were handbent using auto parts lines. IMO, they are good to go, but I would certainly consider buying all new lines and changing them out. They are 10" drums on all corners.

The front suspension is in decent shape, but there is a clunk in the drivers front when you go from reverse to forward and turn the wheel, maybe a ball joint, but does not appear bad when the front is jacked up and the ball joints tested. IMO, a rebuild kit would be in the future.

Interior.. all of the interior items are original, nothing has been changed!! The carpet is original and although the front and rear seating area are nice, it is faded and needs replaced. The cargo area and rear seatback are a little tattered and faded as well. A carpet kit would certainly go a long way to upgrading the interior

The seat covers in the front are ripped as can be seen in the included pics, and the seat buns leave popcorn on the floor beneath the seats, but the rear seat is nice. New front covers and seat buns would also bring the the interior up a bunch. The door skins are decent, the headliner is nice, the consold carpet is OK, the dash is nice, all the lights and guages work properly as they should. IMO, if the front seats were recovered and new carpet added, the interior would be really nice!!

Body and paint..... The car was repainted in 1988 when my brother and Dave first got the car. Some minimal bodywork was done and it is shot in enamel. The paint looks and shines nice. There are some small areas of bubbling under the paint in spots around the car, but overall the paint looks pretty nice.

Undercarraige and trunk... The floorpans are nice and not rusted through, but there are some areas of rust and some attention will need to be paid in the following areas.

The rear crossmember behind the bumper is rusty and needs to be replaced. The rear spring perches are solid but do have scaly rust on them and when the crossmember is being attended to, this area should be checked better.

The front drivers side frame rail has been repaired by Dave in 1989 or so, with a piece of framerail welded over the existing piece. The job was done nicely, but if I were keeping the car I would consider changing out the entire rail. The other front rail is nice.

The trunk extensions have rusty holes where they meet the wheel tubs in the trunk as well as near the rear crossmember piece, and need to either be patched in or replaced. Exhaust fumes come in through the holes and permiate into the interior when the windows are down, so at the very least they need to be seam sealed for now.

Trim and bumpers... all of the trim is original to the car, and most all of it has some pitting. The grilles, taillight housings and rear window trim all have a fair amount of pitting and could use to be replaced, but are still decent as is for now. The front drivers side wheellip trim is a little dinged up, but not bad. It should be replaced to be as nice as the other 3. The front bumper is decent but as a small amount of rust around the mounting bolts, the rear bumper has some rust through and definetly needs replaced.

Exhaust and tires... The exhaust was new in 1988 as well as the tires and rims. The exhaust still looks new and are run as duals all the way back. The tires still have the nibs and for all intent are like new. They are not dry rotted and only have about 3,000 miles on them.

OK, lets sum this up. This is a nice little car, everything works as it should, it is a blast to drive and would make someone a nice cruiser with some upgrades as you were enjoying it. The price is $2500.00. That price is firm and not negociable. This car is definetly worth every penny of my price and more, and I will not entertain any offers. If you do not like what you see in the pictures, just pass on the car. If you would like to see any additional pictures of any area not pictured, just ask and I will send them along. I have taken lots of pics and will not include them all in this listing, but will message them to anyone who is interested. If you would like to see the car in person, it is located at my home in Pinckney Michigan, just outside Ann Arbor.

I do have some additional parts available for the car such as a nice windshield, the rear crossmember, all four frame rails, and I have upgraded a few things already and plan on doing some more as time permits. I will offer any additional parts at very fair prices if the buyer wishes to purchase them.

It is only being listed here for now, but as a reasonable amount of time passes if it does not sell, I will offer it locally as well. I don't need to sell this car but would like to pass it along to someone who would enjoy it as much as I do.

As usual, message with any questions or requests. Any PM's or inquiries will be answered in the order in which they are received, including claims of intent to purchase. Thanks for the ad FABO, you all ROCK!!! Geof

Attachments

• 100_3696.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 953
  • 100_3714.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 954
  • 100_3713.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 943
  • 100_3706.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 909
  • 100_3705.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 941
  • 100_3703.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 911
  • 100_3702.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 953
  • 100_3701.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 914
  • 100_3700.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 942
  • 100_3698.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 954
Now this is how you advertise a car!!No room in my stall ATM.Good luck with the sale Jeff.:D

My friend I got if from put some sort of thick grease on it. When I got it about 5 years ago it had no rust and looked pretty much how the pictures show it. I did have it cleaned up by my machinist before I tried to sell it some years ago. It's an amazing piece for someone to use that is looking for a new 340 block

I also oil it regularly and put it in a plastic bag.

The price is $2500.00. That price is firm and not negociable. This car is definetly worth every penny of my price and more, and I will not entertain any offers. If you do not like what you see in the pictures, just pass on the car.

Not trying to insult you, but are you interested in any trades?

PM Sent

Outstanding description and summary of this great buy on a 66 Barracuda Geof :coffee2:
This will not last long and be gone to a new home soon.
You know me :D a one women/car man :happy1: But I will spread the word :thumblef:

I think this is Victoria's cool fast back V8 automatic cousin :burnout:

I thought I would post this before this thread ls closed as Sold..

Attachments

• 100_3696.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 846
  • Ralley's%20004.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 783
Outstanding description and summary of this great buy on a 66 Barracuda Geof :coffee2:
This will not last long and be gone to a new home soon.
You know me :D a one women/car man :happy1: But I will spread the word

Talked with Geof about 20 minutes ago. I'm gonna make the drive on Sunday and it should find a new home in my stable if all goes well. I showed my 3 year old daughter the car, and she just kept saying, "Awesome, it's awesome, you should buy it to drive."

The whole family is excited about this........

At the risk of being a party pooooper, that is not a '66.

OH! WAIT! You are all right, I'm wrong, not looking/thinking right this morning.

Yep! A '66 it is. MeMike PM'd me with a "R U outta your mind kind of port, LOL

So I did the goggle search and I can say I was thinking of the next year up.

Sorry guys. My bad.

Thanks MeMike!

OH! WAIT! You are all right, I'm wrong, not looking/thinking right this morning.

Yep! A '66 it is. MeMike PM'd me with a "R U outta your mind kind of port, LOL

So I did the goggle search and I can say I was thinking of the next year up.

Sorry guys. My bad.

Thanks MeMike!
You are very welcome :thumblef:
I enjoyed our pm's :D

That is an awesome price for a really great vintage car!
Pretty cool to offer it to members here first.
I think it'll be gone soon!
... if i only had a place to put it I would be sending you payment today.

WOW! I mostly lurk here I`m an "E"-body guy but seeing this post dragged me out of the shadows! If it was near me for that price I would buy it in an instant and find a place to put it! Good luck with the sale and congrats to the new owner I know it wont take long!

A real nice looking & fun car at an affordable price for someone!!! Good Luck w/the sale, I'm sure it won't last long.

I would like to thank everybody for the kind wishes and praises for my description. I was trying to give as complete a description as I could on the car so people could make an informed decision as to whether it's the car for them. And offering it here first is a no brainer for me, what better place to find it a new home??

To me, this car is like marrying off a daughter, you love her and want her to have the best life possible, and up till now this little girl has been the maiden in the tower, waiting for her prince. I kinda feel like Shrek, I rescued her, but I gotta take her back to Lord Farquardt...ooh, if I could only keep her!!

Now, the update on this listing... if you read above, our member bkbond12 has staked a claim to see it on Sunday, so until he gets to see it, I will only be sharing pics and info with other interested parties and placing them in line. If Travis declines to claim it for himself, it will be offered to the next person in line. Thats the only way I can think to be fair, and I will not sell it out from under anybody for any price. I will update this thread and any interested parties as information becomes available.

Thanks again all, I hope the new owner will love it as much as I do!! Geof

Put me in line. Is it tagged so I could drive it home to Houston?I could take a bus there.

Put me in line. Is it tagged so I could drive it home to Houston?I could take a bus there.

The car is registered and insured, and I have a clear Michigan title, all in my name.

You may have to do some kind of transaction details when you were here or possibly before so it was registered to you as you traveled home with it. I would give you a bill of sale and such, but I don't know how legal that would be in other states. I'll put you in line!! Geof

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back