-
Status
Not open for further replies.

popsmopar

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Putting my valiant up for sale to do another project, i've had this car for a few months and it's been a drive and upgrade as you go project. It has turned into a daily driver for me as i really like the size and the power that it has for driving in traffic.It is a 318 auto with Holley intake ,edelbrock carb,pertronix ignition,dual exhaust,new wires,plugs,thermostat, metal flex fan,new heater hoses,all bulbs are new and all lights work,the auto trans shifts firm and is only a few months old since a rebuild.The interior is good,could use a headliner,carpet is faded,i am putting in new door locks and ignition lock this week so there will only be one key and one for the trunk.The tires are new,less than 1000 miles,the body is solid,has ok paint ,it was done before i got the car and i was not going to upgrade,the floors have a couple of patches done,this also was before i got the car,it still is very solid.The car runs smooth,drives straight and runs cool,i drove it in and around town all summer and had no problems with overheating.The car is sold with bill of sale only, asking $4000.00.

Attachments

• 100_1820.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 2,864
  • 100_1822.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 2,873
  • 100_1823.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 2,884
  • 100_1824.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 2,831
  • 100_1827.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 2,839
  • 100_1828.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 2,856
That won`t last long. To bad it is so hard to get a title in Iowa......

I bought a car from Alabama with just a bill of sale as a title,brought it up to Ontario,Canada and swapped it over into my name no problem.

I tried that once with a 68 Charger and couldn`t get a title.

Here in New Hampshire if it is 10 years or more you can't get a title but if you sell out of state the state(NH) will issue a letter explaining it to other states

They would make me a title for it that called it a 2010 charger and has to pass inspection and issue you a new Iowa vin tag that goes in the door jam. I parted it out.

Say A guy im Missouri sold a car to a guy in ...O IDK CT...Then bought it back could he get a title?

Have you tried your local county court. Not sure about Iowa but here in Indiana you can petition or file through your local county court for a "Court ordered title". I bought a dart out of Rhode Island from an FABO member last spring, RI being a no title state I got a Bill of Sale and then used it along with a Police check from my local police dept... from there I petitioned the court $135.00, I then set a court date (If your nice they might just squeeze you in same day or a hearing within the next week!) I had the bill of sale, pictures of car, police VIN check, and pleaded my case to the court... the judge ask me some questions and then said lets get you a title for this car! from there I had my plates and titled in my name an hour after court. The nice thing I found is regardless what info the BMV has, they have to honor that court order! It sounds too simple, but a lot easier then trying to get somewhere with a license branch here in Indiana!!! Maybe this might help you in Iowa!

I'm in ga, don't know if you were giving info to someone in Iowa,haven't had any offers,but ga does not require a title and i think they would not even make an attempt to get one for me here, they do not even look at them if you have a bill of sale on the older vehicles.
pops

Thanks, times are tough i know that first hand,haven't had any takers yet,i was going to invest in another project but i may just keep the valiant and enjoy it,it's a solid little car and drives great.
pops

Without gettin too specific of course...what part of Macon do you live? I lived in Macon in the same house off ingleside for 37 years before moving to Jones County. Never seen the Valiant, BTW. I sure wish I could get it. Anybody wanna buy a 04 Ranger edge?

Have you tried your local county court. Not sure about Iowa but here in Indiana you can petition or file through your local county court for a "Court ordered title". I bought a dart out of Rhode Island from an FABO member last spring, RI being a no title state I got a Bill of Sale and then used it along with a Police check from my local police dept... from there I petitioned the court $135.00, I then set a court date (If your nice they might just squeeze you in same day or a hearing within the next week!) I had the bill of sale, pictures of car, police VIN check, and pleaded my case to the court... the judge ask me some questions and then said lets get you a title for this car! from there I had my plates and titled in my name an hour after court. The nice thing I found is regardless what info the BMV has, they have to honor that court order! It sounds too simple, but a lot easier then trying to get somewhere with a license branch here in Indiana!!! Maybe this might help you in Iowa!
Thanks. What I should do is get a p.o.s. with no title and try again and see what happens. Thanks again for the useful info! Take it easy.

I'm off of 87 closer to juliette than macon, i drove it a lot during the summer,now it's usually 3 to 4 times a week as i drive my truck to work and don't want the valiant getting banged up in the parking decks.
Wg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back