1966 Valiant Sedan V8 Swap (Victoria)

-
Now I can start my late model master cylinder instal and bend some brake lines.
My son Mike Jr and I got to spend the day together working on Victoria and his 50 F1 460 Ford together.. life is good on the hill

20191124_134343.jpg

Wait till you drop the starter and master cylinder in, you lose a lot of the room lol

Looks good Mike!

Clockwork done (oil filter adapter), master cylinder done.
I need to take some new pictures today and update this thread.
I need to borrow a brake line bender from a friend to move forward.
Dizzy going in and wired up and put my carb on and see if I can get the starter on.
It would be great to get a video Sunday of my first start up, but I need to buy trans fluid before I can.. everyone that is watching this thread I want to thank you all that have posted there help and concerns.
It will not be long now , I will not be beating on my drums all day so I can spend time on my lady

20200210_154658.jpg

20200210_154727.jpg

20200209_134310.jpg

Clockwork done (oil filter adapter), master cylinder done.
I need to take some new pictures today and update this thread.
I need to borrow a brake line bender from a friend to move forward.
Dizzy going in and wired up and put my carb on and see if I can get the starter on.
It would be great to get a video Sunday of my first start up, but I need to buy trans fluid before I can.. everyone that is watching this thread I want to thank you all that have posted there help and concerns.
It will not be long now , I will not be beating on my drums all day so I can spend time on my lady

View attachment 1715470077

View attachment 1715470078

View attachment 1715470079
We got your back!

Another step forward and two steps back.
I get forgetful when I work alone and forgot about mt steering shaft coupler needs to be changed out :BangHead:.
Pulling it back out again, but I am sure @66340SEDAN had to do the same.

Any help on location of the coupler I will need to get ordered would be great.
I will be spending more time on this now that spring is just about out of here, I have been working along and alone on this install because I focus better with out anyone here.

20200222_184300.jpg

20200222_172806.jpg

20200222_182141.jpg

20200222_172840.jpg

20200222_173026.jpg

Looks good Mike. You're going to fix that wiring hanging down right?
I saw an oem coupler for sale cheap on here.
yes, all that will be done, I need a small coupler, most likely an after market coupler.

Well lets take another step forward Mike.
Looking at your header/ master cylinder clearance, we have a problem, Heat ! Here is a neat heat shield still sold at Mancini racing. They use to call it a Hemi heat shield. Bolts right on, and will give your brake fluid some protection from heat.
Must have for your setup.

mancini-heat-shield-master-cylinder-22.jpeg

Picture 086.jpg

"I get forgetful when I work alone and forgot about..."

and then

"I have been working along and alone on this install because I focus better with out anyone here."

Sorry Mike, but post #260 struck me as a little funny.
It's looking good though.

Looking at your header/ master cylinder clearance, we have a problem, Heat ! Here is a neat heat shield still sold at Mancini racing. They use to call it a Hemi heat shield. Bolts right on, and will give your brake fluid some protection from heat.

View attachment 1715475668

View attachment 1715475669
thanks for the reminder, yes I will get one on there, my son has a metal brake and is making me on just like it.

Coming along GREAT!

Have you tried to fit the radiator that you got yet?

Was wondering if it was too tall for the 66...... I need to upgrade mine for the air conditioning that I installed.

View attachment 1715475668

View attachment 1715475669

My first thought too...must have it! Funny cause I was not only gonna suggest that, but post a picture of mine and the picture you posted IS mine :D

I wish it looked that clean and fresh yet....I only used that regulator with the cal custom chrome cover for about a year, picture is about 12 years old! Thanks for posting that and also suggesting to Mike about needing that!

My first thought too...must have it! Funny cause I was not only gonna suggest that, but post a picture of mine and the picture you posted IS mine :D

I wish it looked that clean and fresh yet....I only used that regulator with the cal custom chrome cover for about a year, picture is about 12 years old! Thanks for posting that and also suggesting to Mike about needing that!

I thought that was your car. :)
Here is mine. I bought this part years ago, when I upgraded to the alum MC.

IMG_20200224_125056667.jpg

Coming along GREAT!

Have you tried to fit the radiator that you got yet?

Was wondering if it was too tall for the 66...... I need to upgrade mine for the air conditioning that I installed.
. Not a good test fit, but it did look tall to me, I don't have my hood on.

Mike,
The heat shield I showed you is specially made out of stainless steel. It dissipates heat much better than standard or regular steel. Regular steel will stay heated, stainless won't.
Its up to you. The stainless part is $40 at Mancini, and well worth it.

nice progress on the car. why not do it the old scool way a big nut welded to the crossmember and a big short bolt .
And a big chain in between the block and bolt. worked well on the big block street racer 65 dart back in the 80s. i also remember that there was a mastercyl re location kit for the big block swap. Moved the mastercyl up and to the left.
Dont know if it is around anymore.

Looks good Mike. Is that a clevis up top? To allow a bit of "give/flex"?
very little if any, I have it there for the time being, I want to start the 360 soon, will change that out when I can, it was on an engine puller and worked for me

-
Back