Not open for further replies.

Hendogg

U can't Dodge it Ram it.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi all..
I have a Plymouth Barracuda 2 door Notchback.. It has a 383-4bbl 4spd 8-3/4 rear end in it. Or the guy that i got it from said that it was a 383.. It needs a lot of work a full restore But all of the floor pains and truck pain is good and no rust. And i don't know if it is a numbers matching car. The guy that i bought it off of said that it was.. But I'm not to sure though. I put it up for sale once and a guy come buy and looked at it and said that it was a slant 6 car.. I am asking $4,000.00 OBO or maybe trade it for some other Mopar like a small block 67 dart or?????? for it. As is where is..
It may or may not be a matching #'s car.. It don't run nor drive.. It is a non power car.. No power brakes or power steering, with drum brakes all the way around... It don't have any seats in it. And the motor is stuck and wont turn over.. It is in Byars, Okla USA..

If you would like to know more just ask.. Or if you would like to come buy and take a look at it..

Attachments

• Cuda #5 - Copy.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 1,837
  • Cuda #10 - Copy.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 1,823
  • Cuda #14 - Copy.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 1,842
  • Cuda #12 - Copy.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 1,824
  • Cuda #11 - Copy.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 1,819
  • Cuda #8 - Copy.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 1,808
  • Cuda #4 - Copy.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 1,787
  • Cuda #3 - Copy.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 1,829
  • Cuda #2 - Copy.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 1,812
  • Cuda #1 - Copy.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 1,796
Ok guys what do yall think.. Am I asking to much for the car or does this seem like a fair price. I'm also open for best offer. And trades of course.. As long as it is a mopar..LOL.. I would like to get a 66 to 70 cornet..

so, does anyone know ny the fender tag if it is a 383 car or /6 car?

Ok here is the vin Number for those of you that have asked for it.... BH23B72261477 For the car.. I gave 3500 for it and spent 500 to have it shipped to where i live. Is the only reason why i am asking 4000 for it.. The wife said that she liked it.. But now says that she hates it. Or i would just fix and drive.. Kaz it should be a pretty fast car.. I know that if we read the numbers right on the motor and the trans and rear end it is all 67 as well..

Vehicle Identification Number: BH23B72261477
Vehicle Model: Barracuda
Vehicle Class: High Price Class (Valiant Signet, Belvedere II, Barracuda)
Vehicle Body Style: 2 Door Hardtop
Vehicle Engine: 225 CID/145 HP 1 BBL Slant 6
Vehicle Year: 1967
Vehicle Assembly Plant: Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA
Assembly Sequence Number: 261477

Here is the info on your car.

Well if so it was done over 20 yrs ago.. And most of the parts must of come from one kaz i was told that the ex manifolds and K frame were made for just that car... But who knows.. Kaz it has been parked for close to 20 yrs.. In a barn with cows rubbing all over it.. but thanks for the im fow.. But won't take less than what i gave for it.. Kaz i can part it out for close to what i gave for it.. I sean on E-bay a set of the ex going for 800 and the 4spd going for close to 2000.. And the motor should bring 500.. And the car over the scales will bring around 250..

Ahh... the ol' "I'm going to crush it attitude". We've seen this more than once. Nobody seems interested so "Ill crush the damn thing"

Id take that cuda over the 74 Dart any day of the week. The 74 has that awful looking front end and doesn't hold a candle to the notch cuda far as body lines. You might need to stick to trucks man!

Ahh... the ol' "I'm going to crush it attitude". We've seen this more than once. Nobody seems interested so "Ill crush the damn thing"

Id take that cuda over the 74 Dart any day of the week. The 74 has that awful looking front end and doesn't hold a candle to the notch cuda far as body lines. You might need to stick to trucks man!

i ve got 8 of those 4 speeds and 3 hemi 4 speeds i'll take 1000 each for mine lol

While it looks pretty rough, it would make a great resto mod.Hate to see it parted out.To bad your so far away our I might consider buying it.

Attachments

• P7110058.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 1,424
Maybe so.. But the 74 Dart I know is a #'s matching car. My dads brother bout it back in 74 new with 2 miles on it. And as of right now it is only showing 78K 318hp 4 bb, Auto, bucket seats console car with A/C, Power disk brakes, Power steering, Red with white strip down the side and up over the roof, and white int.. And i think that it looks nice.. Way better than the cuda or that body style.. But that's just me.. But i did run across a 241 Hemi the other day that was running when parked that i may buy and put in the cuda and see if it helps on the sale.. kaz i can get it and a blower for it off of the same guy for like 1000 bucks.. But don't know much about the 241 hemi's what do yall think? Are they any good?

...................I bought a set of 67 manifolds for $400.00 shipped and insured, just in january.......i admit it was a super deal..........kim.........

((( i ve got 8 of those 4 speeds and 3 hemi 4 speeds i'll take 1000 each for mine lol))))=(badlilred79 )

Well then post them on E-bay and i bet they will sale..

((Ahh... the ol' "I'm going to crush it attitude". We've seen this more than once. Nobody seems interested so "Ill crush the damn thing")=((mullinax95..))

Well if it don't sale then that is whats going to happen to it.. Kaz tha wife don't like it.. And wants me to build her 33 dodge truck So may end up pulling the motor and the trans and putting them in it.. It will make a nice old cruiser.. But i just thought that i would post it up on here 1st.. Before i put it up on E-Bay.. Kaz it is all there and the floor panes are all good.. And the only rust in the car that i have Sean is in the lower quart panel.. But thanks.. And On sticking to the trucks.. I don't mind one bit.. And as of right now i would line my truck up with any one of your junk car's and run you for how ever many $$$ or pinks that you would like to run them for.. My 38 dodge truck runs pretty good..It's just a low 9's street and strip truck..

O and i am taken offers on the car as well.. And will help with shipping all that i can..

While it looks pretty rough, it would make a great resto mod.Hate to see it parted out.To bad your so far away our I might consider buying it.

Its only 2200 miles a way.. LOL..LOL..H eck you could be here in like a day or so..LOL... And yes i think that it could make a nice car as well.. With all of the panels being good and haven all most all of the parts to it.. I just know that i have sean a few go on e-bay for more than i am asking for it with out a motor and trans.. And they were auto cars..

I must have got up on the wrong side of the bed today, but this is just ridiculous.

You paid $3500 for that heap and spent another $500 shipping it? Now you expect to make your money back? Dude, you are going to lose some cash. Maybe $1000 to $1500 for it as it sits. Part it out and you could make more. The K member and exhaust manifolds should bring a good price. The 4 spd setup complete will bring about $600 to $800. Yes, I and many others also watch Ebay and nobody will buy at $2000. Most of your sheetmetal is dented, but the front fenders still look good and they will bring a good price.

I've purchased 2 '68 Cuda's in Texas, did not pay more than $2500 for either and even my parts car is in better shape than what you have here. How you ended up in this mess is beyond my understanding.

Well when i bout it it was so post to be a numbers matching car. Or that's what i was told.. And he had the window sticker that came on the car when he bout it back in 68 that show what the car had in it. 383 4spd 8 3/4 and when he bout it it only had 226 miles on the car.. So maybe the 383 and 4 spd was a dealer install.. But i don't know.. I just looked again and just the trans with out the bell will bring between 700 to 1100.. And the big bell will bring around 500.. But i do have a 331 hemi that runs that i may put in the car to make it sell better. So that it can be started and drove.. But if i do it will go up on E-bay with a starting price of about 8K

Well when i bout it it was so post to be a numbers matching car. Or that's what i was told.. And he had the window sticker that came on the car when he bout it back in 68 that show what the car had in it. 383 4spd 8 3/4 and when he bout it it only had 226 miles on the car.. So maybe the 383 and 4 spd was a dealer install.. But i don't know.. I just looked again and just the trans with out the bell will bring between 700 to 1100.. And the big bell will bring around 500.. But i do have a 331 hemi that runs that i may put in the car to make it sell better. So that it can be started and drove.. But if i do it will go up on E-bay with a starting price of about 8K

Personally I don't think putting a big,heavy,and hard to find parts for early hemi into that car would help it sell or get you more money than the stuck 383 so you might as well direct your efforts somewhere else.Maybe you could try unsiezing the 383 with some diesel fuel into the cylinders or swapping a running 383/400 into it.

In this economy I think you'd still have a hard time getting 4k for even if it were running.I just saw a really decent and rust-free notchback with a rebuilt 340 sell for $3500 on here a couple months ago so that gives you an idea of what the going rate is these days.

Mopar's on the west coast tend to go for a premium and I picked up my running driving big block swapped notch with super clean COMPLETE interior for 3500.
The rolling shell I just picked up with 8.75 kragers all the way around disk brake swap and perfect sheet metal I picked up for a grand...

By the time you put the work and money into it to get back your ORIGINAL asking price you might as well keep it, it will be far enough along the wife will like it again.

hahahaha where was this guy when i was selling? just take the loss and let someone with a clue fix this car. call it a learning on how not to buy a car, or make the wife pay for your mistakes, not the potential buyer.

Price sounds high compared to what I have paid and seen recently. Good luck with the sale but I bet you get a better deal in a trade.

I lost $1400 on my notchback Barracuda because it turned out to be more work than my skillset can handle right now. You're going to have to take a loss one way or another. You're going to be in for a disappointment when you put your parts up on ebay thinking they're going to sell at crazy NOS prices.

Sorry, but you were sold a fraud and not even a good fraud as the numbers tell what the car originally was (both the VIN and fedner tag), but just for grins does the last number on the bottom line of the fender tag match the stamped number on the radiator support and trunk lip? That number will NOT match the VIN, though. You could have a former stolen car or ??

You also have the least desirable Barracuda body style and the body has huge issues. Minus the drivetrain, you'd be hard pressed to get more than scrap value. The trans is worth around $300, maybe $500 with the bell and shifter. The rear end (Assuming A-body 8-3/4) is worth $500-750 (depending on gear and Sure Grip or not). The engine is worth $125 tops in its unknown condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back