1967 Barracuda Fastback- Project: "Not as Nice as Tony Fields'"

-
May I just say you are one very mature young man to be able to deal with the things you have and handle them with such composure. Im impressed, and on top of that a very talented car guy. You are going to go far in this life, I can tell, just keep it up, good job.

Thanks so much again for the kind words! I wish I could take all of the credit for building this car, but I'm working with an extremely talented builder to make it all come together the way I envisioned it. I sure hope you're right about going far in life, I have big plans!

He brother Chris i wish you all the best for your life with your girl friend .

When to chime church bell:)))))

Uli, you're a great guy and your passion for these cars needs no translation! Your English is great and your project car and attention to detail is staggering. Thanks for the well wishes!

hey chris,your car looks great!! been following your progress for a while now and very impressed! so sorry to hear about your illness,i guess having a great girl and such a sweet car to come home to helps the recovery and your overall morale. keep your head high and keep up the great work,i to know what its like to have your ride sitting there and not being able to run it,mine will be up and running soon also... cheers :icon_smi:

Thanks moparmanik!

Short update: I have the '67 back now and it's everything I expected and more. Sorry for not posting pics sooner, I've been too busy driving it!! :D

Some visual mods you'll see are the flat black chin spoiler and blacked out rear tail panel.

I promise high quality pics in a nice location very soon. Until then, here are some terrible quality cell phone pics I snapped around 2 am yesterday night after a long cruise:

Attachments

• 0628110019.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 580
  • mms_picture.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 599
The car looks great, but how are you feeling these days.

Thanks sky! I'm feeling much better now, thanks for asking. Youth is on my side in this case, as I healed much quicker than the doctors thought I would. Now I'm watching my diet and taking my medicine and getting back on track to return to work in mid July. I'm grateful to have this car and to have my health back.

Hey well I'm glad your back on your feet a enjoying that car. So whats your next project going to be, you obviously have talent so don't stop building them.

Hey well I'm glad your back on your feet a enjoying that car. So whats your next project going to be, you obviously have talent so don't stop building them.

Thanks very much. This car is still a work in progress, the dash and gauges need some attention and the entire dash itself could use a freshening up. As far as I'm concerned, that's mostly cosmetic work though. I'll also be putting the chrome window trim around the front and rear windows and adding a full TTI exhaust system with the correct tailpipes. Right now it's dumped at the rear axle. This car came with heat and a/c from the factory, and it will have heat and a/c when I'm through with it at the next round of repairs/modifications. It needs a heater core and a Vintage Air system.

My next project will most likely be a B body. I'd love to do a 63-64 Savoy post. I've always had a soft spot for Dusters as well, so we'll see! :D

Cool keep us posted as you progress, now go out and burn the tires off that thing, safely of course.

Thanks sky! I'm feeling much better now, thanks for asking. Youth is on my side in this case, as I healed much quicker than the doctors thought I would. Now I'm watching my diet and taking my medicine and getting back on track to return to work in mid July. I'm grateful to have this car and to have my health back.

Great to hear you are better and on track with your health. Great looking Cuda

see I told you that you would be driven her in no time. Time for me to get started on mine now that im back from hell :)

man, i think the car looks awesome!!!!! you have done very well, and i salute you. speaking of salutes welcome back from hell unknownsnake!!!!!

The car looks awesome!! I would love to have a fb someday. Glad to hear your health is doing good. I have Ulcerative Colitis, and I have had quite a few bad flare ups that have hospitalized me. Its very similar to what you have, and I know they both suck!! I'm stuck on a high dose of prednisone, keeps it under control but has its own side effects. I hope my car looks that good someday!

Thanks as always for the kind words guys! I had her out for 12 hours and over 100 miles today. Here are some better pics, as promised. You can see the blacked out rear tail panel and new front valence and chin spoiler too.

100_1042.jpg

100_1040.jpg

100_1039.jpg

100_1043.jpg

100_1045.jpg

100_1046.jpg

100_1047.jpg

100_1052.jpg

100_1055.jpg

100_1051.jpg

100_1056.jpg

100_1057.jpg

nice car! excelent find. I've been working on my 67 for about 5 years(on and off) i'm still not at where you got your car. Where in L.I. r u I'm in westbury. Do you go to any cruise nights?, would like to see the car in person. good luck JT

I love that car and that color more and more everytime you post new pics lol..

nice car! excelent find. I've been working on my 67 for about 5 years(on and off) i'm still not at where you got your car. Where in L.I. r u I'm in westbury. Do you go to any cruise nights?, would like to see the car in person. good luck JT

Thanks JT! Shoot me a PM and maybe we can meet up!

I love that car and that color more and more everytime you post new pics lol..

Thanks!!

I have a small, but very important update. I managed to track down the original fender tag for the car through the previous owner. Apparently, he took it off when he painted the car and put it somewhere without ever putting it back on. I stopped by his house last night and picked it up. I'm going to clean it up and reattach it. I'll post pics in here when I'm done. Maybe you guys can help me decode it? :D

sweet! your car has come very far in such a short amount of time. Biggest difference by far is the switch you made with the wheels! Best move yet. That color still gets me everytime too. Hopefully my scamp will be finished and back together before snow starts falling. Maybe we can get a cruise in? i would love to see the car in person.

sweet! your car has come very far in such a short amount of time. Biggest difference by far is the switch you made with the wheels! Best move yet. That color still gets me everytime too. Hopefully my scamp will be finished and back together before snow starts falling. Maybe we can get a cruise in? i would love to see the car in person.

Thanks very much for the compliments! I'd love to get a cruise in some time. Shoot me a PM with your cell number if you want. I'd be more than happy to give you a hand with your car or just BS and go for a cruise. The Long Island Mopar guys have to stick together haha. Way too many Chevys out here...

I made a post asking for help decoding my fender tag, but got nowhere. I decoded it myself...

CAR: Plymouth Barracuda 2 Door Sports Hardtop
ENGINE: 273cid 2-bbl V8
TRANSMISSION: 3-Speed Automatic
TIRES: D70x14 Red Sidewall, nylon belted
MODEL YEAR: 1967
BUILD DATE: March 10.
AXLE: 3.23 Rear Axle Ratio, Sure Grip
INTERIOR: High Trim Grade, Vinyl Bucket Seats. Black Interior.
PAINT: Monotone Gold Metallic Paint.
OTHER: Black Upper Door Frame Color.

MOLDINGS:

ABC OPTIONS:
D9: Front Disk Brakes
H1: Power Brakes
M2: Assembly plant: Hamtrack
R1: AM Radio
S1: Air Conditioning
T4: Vacuum meter
X3: Unknown Option

abc OPTIONS:
a6: Console
b4: Bucket Seats
u1: Sold Car When Built (Somebody Ordered It)

Well, I enjoyed an entire season of cruising in the car. It's just about time to put her away for the winter. Currently, the rear end is being rebuilt with 3:55 gears as the old gears were whining badly. All new bearings are being installed as well. There's an AutoMeter fuel level gauge being installed to keep track of how much gas is in the car until I can have the dash and gauges restored. Maybe I'll post some pics of one last cruise coming shortly...

-
Back